- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47269 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »

(( Im just gonna wait and see what the teams are and ill swap if one needs an extra guard. ))

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »

((Anyone know when GUNINANRUNIN is coming back online.))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »

After a good deal of reflection I've decided to cut persistent inventory and condition updates. I'm not even sure why I did that in the first place since you guys already know what you're carrying (*facepalm*) and if you lose something or get hurt it'll be pretty obvious.

I just overextended myself and ended up making it harder for myself and slowed the game down significantly. Also, I'm cutting personal credits. Any money you make is going to be from industry so the credits go to the community anyways.

I'm going to flash forward a bit in the next plot post. You guys will already be in two groups with all your gear and I'll split you up myself. Each group will have at least one 'fighter' of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »

(( Works for me im keeping tabs of my items anyway. ))

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:27 pm »

((Ok, cool.))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:11 pm »

((no harm done. I do feel that it's appropriate for me to search for a base camp-site, due to my land navigation skill.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »

((no harm done. I do feel that it's appropriate for me to search for a base camp-site, due to my land navigation skill.))
Noted.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2012, 06:49:53 pm »

Noted.

((Same- combat engineer background for fortifications.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

(( Im good with which ever group you want me in since ill just be a heavily armed baby sitter anyway :)
Btw when you post a turn update if its a new day can you tag a note onto mine saying so please?
So i know my concentrate is ready again. )).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:53:47 pm by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2012, 07:18:34 pm »

The group regroups, grabbing their packs and regrouping, a few of you are carrying firearms and checking them carefully. After a short conference you all notice that the sun is beginning to rise.

We should get moving.. Jim says sombrely.
..before something finds us.

You all mutter an agreement into your comms and set off in separate directions:

George, Aneos, Jay and Vincent head towards the wasteland seeking a suitable place to set up camp, surveying the land and watching for signs of life.
Damien, Jim and Perrin begin the short jog towards the pit, intent on securing the rover.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:08 pm »

Moves out a little ahead of the group heading towards the rover and listens intently for sounds of something approaching and clicks on radio.

"Jay you ok or would you like to borrow my pistol?"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:26:02 pm by mesor »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »

Jim carefully moves towards the rover, and upon reaching it, begins to move the rover away from the lava.

"Ok guys, I'll start moving the rover. Keep watch."

((Sidenote- I didn't know that the name change was official, but I'm clear now and ready to continue. To the others, let's just post our actions and go.))

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:45:26 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:42 pm »

Pretty much try to find an ideal spot for base camp.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »

Moves out a little ahead of the group heading towards the rover and listens intently for sounds of something approaching and clicks on radio.

"Jay you ok or would you like to borrow my pistol?"
You head towards the lava pit, keeping your ears and eyes open for anything approaching. You reach for the switch to your radio and find that it is already on.
Sure you don't want a weapon buddy?

Jim carefully moves towards the rover, and upon reaching it, begins to move the rover away from the lava.

"Ok guys, I'll start moving the rover. Keep watch."
((Oh boy….))
You trot up to the cargo unit and try to push it further away from the lava. [1, -1 Cargo Unit is Heavy=0] You push and strain with all your might against the side of the ten foot tall cargo unit. Your feet slip out from under you and you land headfirst against a sharp rock. Your visor cracks when it bounces of the rock, and you climb to your feet, images of a blue-faced Migrant grasping his throat as his lungs beg for air flash across your vision as you wonder idly what it feels like to suffocate in deep space. The crack is very small, but it grows larger whenever you move too quickly. If you're careful you can jog without any ill effect, but anything more jarring than that could shatter the glass.

Once you're done mucking about, you look at the cargo unit more closely. There appears to be a large door on one side. You would face-palm but that would probably kill you.

Pretty much try to find an ideal spot for base camp.
Looking around ahead of you, you spot a few breaks in the monotonous terrain.

About 20 metres away from you is an unusually smooth patch of ground that appears to be reflecting the morning sunlight. The ground around it is damp, but you're not sure where the liquid is coming from, nor what the fluid might be.

Only a short distance away from that is what looks like a small boulder. You haven't seen any other rocks at all on the planet.

If you squint you can see a small speck on the horizon. Every so often smoke trickles out of it.

Looking behind you, the other group is about 100 metres away. They seem to be struggling to figure out the cargo unit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:16:37 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »

Opens the cargo unit up and seat's Jim carefully in the rover then climbs into it myself and power it up checking the systems and keeps an eye out for any signs of life
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:19:13 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55