Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves not spinning yarn  (Read 2625 times)

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves not spinning yarn
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

Ok, I'm sure I'm just missing something here, but I have 2 pieces of "stray ram wool" in a refuse stockpile next to the farmers workshop. Every time I queue "Spin thread" it gets cancelled because it "needs unrotten hair/wool body part". Anyone got any ideas? The dwarf who needs some yarn cloth for his strange mood will thank you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:38:02 pm by person012345 »

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not spinning yarn
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 06:38:54 pm »

Perhaps it's forbidden?

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:42:25 pm »

It's not

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4593 is it this bug? Basically a wool stack that's only one won't be spinnable.

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4593 is it this bug? Basically a wool stack that's only one won't be spinnable.
It might be, how do I tell? There doesn't seem to be a bracketed number anywhere.

Any ideas on what I could do with that mood then? I don't think he'll last until the caravan.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »

It might be, how do I tell? There doesn't seem to be a bracketed number anywhere.

Any ideas on what I could do with that mood then? I don't think he'll last until the caravan.

The report did said there wasn't any brackets on the wools. Sounds like you're outta luck unless you can shear more.

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »

Oh, he's gone nuts. This will probably cause a tantrum spiral. Oh well. Time to send in the troops.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:05:38 pm »

I think there's a bug where you can't shear wool from butchering?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

If the butchering produces a stack of wool [2] or larger, you should be able to spin it just fine.  With a singleton stack (no quantity), you run into this bug almost every time.  The same happens with bones, too.  I get a nice pile of unusable singleton bones after a while.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 07:54:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure AutomataKittay was right, because right after he went beserk another sheep got sheared and it produced [6] which was promptly spun, so yeah.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:09 pm »

sometimes you get "sheep yarn[7]" when you spin it you get the thread and an unusable "sheep yarn", it seems to be some leftover yarn that can't be spun, if I recall correctly you can tell which one it is by setting up separate refuse stockpiles, one for yarn/hair and another for actual refuse, the unusable yarn goes to the refuse instead of the yarn/hair stockpile.

JTTCOTE1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 03:37:53 am »

If you don't know, it's sometimes helpful to have each workshop in its own room, or at least the craftsdwarf workshops, so that if Urist McMoody dosen't get what he wants, you can wall the room off and no one will know he died.