Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Generation Q: Best way to ensure lots of waterfalls  (Read 507 times)

dominusnovus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Generation Q: Best way to ensure lots of waterfalls
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:22:06 pm »

If I want to increase the number of waterfalls in world generation, what features should I adjust?

My guess is to increase the number of river start locations, decrease the erosion cycles, turn off eroding extreme cliffs.  Anything else?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: World Generation Q: Best way to ensure lots of waterfalls
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »

Cranking up river start positions should do it pretty well. Most (or at least half) of the river joinings I've seen have been waterfalls.

Also, even if you fail, you'll likely get some ginormous rivers, and that's always a plus.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:15 am »

Adjusting elevation never really seemed to adjust river height for me. It's a great way to get canyons, less so waterfalls. I've only ever seen rivers merging form waterfalls, so more rivers would be ideal, as GreatWyrmGold said.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 12:09:48 am »

You could do something with screwing with elevations, cause a waterfall occurs when a river goes off a cliff 1z level or higher, right?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:57:03 am »

No, it just cuts a valley through the cliff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.