Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Animal Forest 1.3  (Read 11450 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Forest 1.3
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 10:23:05 pm »

I made a fox for its high crafting base. Not sure if I'll be needing a hammer to forge other metals. Anyways, skill point are used to level skills which is gained by being online. According to Buzzy, after 6 hours of play, you can make a burrow. I think its a player house of some sort. I'll try combat later or tomorrow if someone is on.
Burrows are fully editable player-houses, if I recall correctly. You can change the tiles around, and they are quite large. You can also leave items in there. I remember making a maze with a prize at the end, for example.

You can also place them anywhere on the world, which is neat.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Animal Forest Home Page
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 12:51:20 pm »

Yes. Most players turn burrows into trade shops or inn's. Or fight arenas. Things of that nature.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »

Been playing for the last couple days, and managed to find a few different bugs. And magic has been adjusted to be slightly less mean! I love it when my crystals don't shatter.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 08:28:50 pm »

Just started. Started out in night time, so it's not going too well.

mechjk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

Just got hit by lightning cause someone was using the wrong crystal.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19:00 pm »

Just got hit by lightning cause someone was using the wrong crystal.

Sorry. My finger must've slipped onto the Orange Crystal and then onto the LIGHTNING BOLT button. I'm suprised it worked though, my skill in Orange Magic is only 4. After spending hours to cast OpenMind just once with 12 skill in it, that should..not have happened.

If it's nighttime when you start, just walk onto the grass/fallen logs and scavenge until you get a log, which if dropped can be right clicked and set alight.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 12:41:46 pm »

Just a heads up, since I made the auto updating client (the jnlp file), people using the .exe won't be able to connect to the server. Maybe I'll keep updating the exe, but it's a lot of work. xD

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 06:59:15 pm »

New maps are up if anyone is interested in checking AF out. :)

Here's some more screen shots:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Along with the new terrain, brings new items to be scrounged and new items to be created!

Some other updates have been made as well, such as mining is now done through separate rocks. (Tin rocks give you tin, copper rocks give you copper, and so on. It used to be that you could mine any ore from any rock.)
The user interface has also changed a bit as well.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure this game cures cancer.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »

Good RP players now get awarded with not having to wait for their 9,000 second interval for their burrow certificate. Just show some effort toward RP and you get a burrow instantly!

Burrows can become your home, your shop, your storage shed, or whatever you want!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »

It's magically delicious!

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »

Yo, site doesn't seem to work.  A friend and I would quite like to join, but so far have no way to do so.

According to the friend, "Buzzyboy is using a dynamic DNS server and his IP changed and he forgot to update the server when it did.  The IP address URL he keeps giving points to a dead end, there's no server because the IP address of the server changed and he didn't tell No-IP that."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:14:39 pm by Salabasama »
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »

Sorry, I was gone for the weekend. And apparently the xampp server didn't start.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »

Hrm.  "Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform"

So, I suppose I must use another machine?
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »

I'm not really sure how that error ever came to be.

My only quick solution would be to download and install a 32 bit version of Java and run it with that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5