Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Animal Forest 1.3  (Read 11446 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Forest 1.3
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:33 pm »

I fixed it.  Installed 64bit JRE.  Works now.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Animal Forest Home Page
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

I fixed it.  Installed 64bit JRE.  Works now.

Sweet deal!

Also, the imprinting skill is now functional in the game! :D
Imprinting allows you to advance armor and weapons to make them much stronger.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »

I'm Commander Squeegy, and this is my favorite gMUD on the Internet.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »

Just lowered the java requirement from 1.7 to 1.6!
So more people should be able to play without updating java.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2012, 03:41:22 am »

I feel like I should share some of my old characters to inspire interest in this game. These are all from its BYOND era, when the fields were lush with players and creativity abounded.

• A stereotype-shattering police officer fox. He used his burrow to set up a police station and hired a few deputies, and checked in with all the local animals to make sure that the 'law' was being upheld. He also provided protection for shops against burglars and robbers, most notably two badger twins who went around threatening protection money out of honest shopkeeps. They had a big fight in the customer area of a smithy, him and his deputy versus the two badger twins, that iirc ended in a stalemate.
  • A scavenger rat(?) who owned a general store, and would spend his time either searching for materials and food to put on display (he was quite good at scrounging), or haggling with those who came in to buy from him. In general, he was quite useful, as his store often had what people were looking for, and was a good place to trade whatever goods you might have that were useless to you for enough food to keep you going.

It's a very fun game, and it gets exponentially more so the more people play, so at least give it a try!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2012, 05:49:24 am »

I feel like I should share some of my old characters to inspire interest in this game. These are all from its BYOND era, when the fields were lush with players and creativity abounded.

• A stereotype-shattering police officer fox. He used his burrow to set up a police station and hired a few deputies, and checked in with all the local animals to make sure that the 'law' was being upheld. He also provided protection for shops against burglars and robbers, most notably two badger twins who went around threatening protection money out of honest shopkeeps. They had a big fight in the customer area of a smithy, him and his deputy versus the two badger twins, that iirc ended in a stalemate.
  • A scavenger rat(?) who owned a general store, and would spend his time either searching for materials and food to put on display (he was quite good at scrounging), or haggling with those who came in to buy from him. In general, he was quite useful, as his store often had what people were looking for, and was a good place to trade whatever goods you might have that were useless to you for enough food to keep you going.

It's a very fun game, and it gets exponentially more so the more people play, so at least give it a try!

Thanks, this convinced me to try it out C:

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »

I remember when on the BYOND version, I played an extremely racist (against Foxes specifically) and mentally handicapped badger. I would fight every fox that got in my path after saying something along the lines: "All foxes are just thieves and don't deserve to live!".

I also remember while playing the same character was when I had put those statues around the water on the map near the beaches and someone created a church burrow right next to it where they would honor the statues. They must have had at least 5 followers and anyone who didn't convert, they would attack and loot. I remember deciding not to convert (because their had been a slimy fox with the group trying to convert) and I got jumped by 3 of them.

It did get a little out of hand as a lot of players started joining them destroying the balance of power.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 05:24:56 pm »

Yeah-- things could get a bit out of hand at times. That sort of thing is why I established a police station! Gotta bring some measure of lawfulness to the land so that people don't feel obliged to join things like that.

Racism seems more appropriate for a mouse, though, considering the game's Redwall inspirations.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 05:48:57 pm »

Ooh! Redwall basically taught me to read when I was young, and this definitely reminds me of it.
EDIT: ^Nah, I remember the paladin-badgers slaughtering stoats and shit. Man, those were bloody "kid's" books.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:53:00 pm by Geen »

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 09:30:11 am »

I like little games like this and normally play a crafting type , But i can barely see 3-4 squares away and have no tools or idea what to get or where to go..

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28:45 pm »

I like little games like this and normally play a crafting type , But i can barely see 3-4 squares away and have no tools or idea what to get or where to go..

The reason you can barely see any tiles is because it is night time. You can craft torches and or find glow stones and charge them or light logs to increase vision.

The help me should help you out.

http://animalforest.no-ip.org/help
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:35:11 pm by Buzzyboy »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2012, 02:46:42 am »

It's actually a little lighter than I'd like it to be at night - there's no dimming effect over the tiles you can see, like if you had a light source.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2012, 03:11:58 am »

I might give this game a try. I did not know what to think at first, but stories like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
made me change my mind. Because they sound fantastic.

I'm not new to RP but this will be my first "enforced RP" game EVER. I do not doubt this could be fun though.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

It is quite fun. You might have to be persistent in playing, though; we don't have as many people as we used to.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Buzzyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:30 pm »

Added weather to Animal Forest. :D
In case any one wants the download URL again: