Possessed
- 4 (8.3%)
Macabre
- 4 (8.3%)
Fell
- 21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Funniest Artifact you got that made you Cry or Laugh  (Read 3339 times)

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Funniest Artifact you got that made you Cry or Laugh
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:15:22 am »

Well as the name states post crazy artifacts your dwarfs made. pics not needed but welcome.
post value what it is and what mood made it
Fey,Secretive,Possessed,Macabre, or Fell mood.
If fell who did the artifact maker kill, and how important was the dwarf who was murdered?
If its a Artifact were the Maker had his Atoms Smashed by you an Accident please post as such
Poll on which mood you like most

Most lame one i got was a cow bone mask worth 2046* no decorations.
This other one was a candy high boot worth 792,000* but he only used 1 wafer and it was just a high boot , it made me confused.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Artifact you got that made you Cry or Laugh
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:34:40 am »

I usually get crafts that I can't sell or bone/cloth armor.
But once I got a candy battle axe, and in the Masterwork mod, I got an Iridium breastplate. It was pretty sweet.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 10:22:52 am »

My new fort Firegears, the first two artifacts were lame but quite valuable: a green glass harp and a gold scepter.  My fort is swimming in glass and gold.  Both were possessions, damn it.  A legendary glass guy would have been useful (the scepter was a stonecrafter mood, because he claimed a craft shop and gold nuggets).

My one and only Fell mood was had by a kid.  He just grabbed a random fisherdwarf passing by and turned out a dwarf leather shoe.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:41 am »

I wish I could find the picture, maybe different computer, but the best ive had was a artifact battle axe! An actually useful item, that also made my weaponsmith legendary! Making iron maces all day long is so good for trading! (Worth 2k each masterpiece, but weirdly enough I could sell for 4k each at trade).

But most useless are cheap 7k one recently, I think it was just a amulet. Of course they decide to take to my crafts stockpile.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:30 am »

Artifact gold war hammer. Now, if only I had an excuse to unleash Urist McHeIsVeryStrong Hammerer on someone...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:56:30 am »

While I also enjoy where this thread is going, why did you kill the other still living thread about artifacts, ranger22550?  Locking threads should be for stopping unwanted discussion, typically by the moderator, not because you want to change topics.  You make a new thread to change topics.

The craziest one I've gotten yet was from 31.18, an olivine door that I put in my olivine dinning room that was legendary before engraving, smoothing or adding the artifact door.  It was, of course, a possession for making the door, so I had to wait for the mason to make legendary the hard way.  I don't remember how expensive it was, but I know that between it and the 7x13 solid olivine dinning room I was getting swarmed by kobolds and snatchers before the hard drive ate the fortress.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 11:11:47 am »

I once got a ring made from the bones of a baby.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:36 pm »

A perfectly cut gem flask........ Always figured the dwarf to be Zelda:D

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 03:18:52 pm »

Best: Artifact steel breastplate, worth 108,000☼. Ironicly, the randomly picked name of my very next fortress translated as 'Elder Armour'.
My artifacts are usually both useless and worthless (less than 2000☼)
I think my most memorable was one of my first, a native gold bed menacing with spikes of dog bone, probably wasn't very comfortable.
I've never had a macabre mood and only one fey as I remember, nothing significant.

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

i just got a platinum war-hammer with spikes of lead and bands of candy over 1,000,000* so i thought my hammer lord would get it right? nope
 My hammerer decided he was in love with it so i took a random peasant made him go mad he killed another random peasant he got a hammering. all for science! one hit and he just exploded! the hammering room had to be vented to the surface cause it was nasty so now a hammering is capital punishment

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »

The vast majority of artifacts I get are totally useless, such as a yak bone earring menacing with gabbro spikes.
But I seem to ALWAYS end up with an artifact robe in nearly every fort I make, at least it's half-way useful.

I think fell moods are the absolute coolest artifact producers. Who cares if your Grand master weaponsmith, who spent years trainning his craft the hard way, just got turned into a dwarf bone spear by his own son? At least he was made into what he made every day of his life.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 08:09:10 pm »

Cat leather thong adorned with spikes of buffalo bones and hanging rings of sheep wool, on this is an engraving of (artifact here).
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 08:33:21 pm »

The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:37 pm »

your point is?

but another artifact i got twin inception artifacts a candy battle axe with a image of a platinum warhammer artifact
but i also got the platinum warhammer with the image of the candy battle axe so they have images of each other question how did they have the image of the hammer before its made?

side note my hammer lord just killed a dragon in one hit with a silver hammer

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »

Artifact descriptions are not generated until you look at it. Think Schrodinger's Cat, but with less radiation or poison and more things menacing with spikes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2