Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ActionJackson's memorial to past Bay12ers  (Read 4240 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: ActionJackson's memorial to past Bay12ers
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 11:20:29 am »

Nikov had some bad habits and was a bit of a drama queen, but I liked his input. He made threads interesting, and that's what really matters on a forum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 11:22:25 am »

Interesting? Interesting is all that matters? Flame wars are interesting. Giant trolling fests are interesting. Everyone being a giant asshole is interesting.

I submit that interesting is important. But not at the cost of reasonable discourse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 11:23:41 am »

No, all of those things are just annoying.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

Then how was he interesting?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:16 am »

Edit: Also I noticed that OP joined two days, presumably for the sole purpose of making this thread. How you do even know these people? Not to mention that there is a list of people who have been banned this year, and I don't see the two people you mentioned that got banned on it.

People dont always leave because of a ban.
Take for example somebody i kinda miss too: GlypGryph.
I hope (s)he'll come back one day.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 11:25:43 am »

People dont always leave because of a ban.

No. But two of the people listed in this thread (people I have never heard of and are not on the banned list admittedly) did because of banning.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 11:26:56 am »

Then how was he interesting?
He provided a perspective rare to our community and usually tried to not cause trouble. Plus, watching him and Aqizzar rag on one another was funny as hell.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 11:27:54 am »

He provided a perspective rare to our community and usually tried to not cause trouble.

Did you take a break from bay12 or something before he got banned? The point I was trying to make is that he stopped doing that and started just trolling. Which is why he got banned.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 11:29:07 am »

I remember what happened, but that wasn't a very large portion of his time here.
No Gods, No Masters.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 11:41:40 am »

*The old veteran just sits there staring into space, even the names of his many comrades who fell in the Various Nonsense calamity long since lost to the mists of time*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:47 am »

I heard about that elusive board, tough i remember it being mentioned only twice. One time when some random person, probably not a veteran, started a random nonsense thread wich caused toady to lock it and mention the random nonsense board. The other time... I dont really remember.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:05 am »

It was shit and got everything it deserved. Nostalgia glasses are just one of the many pairs that Armok wears.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:50 am »

When did VN get shut down, anyway?
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:16 am »

Not that I want to kick a wasps nest or anything, but why do people miss Necro? I mean, all I ever saw him do was write the word "Magma" in big red letters as often as possible, despite warnings to stop.
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

Yeah, I can't say I miss Necro too much. The magma joke was old years ago, and he took it way too far in any case.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5