Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How should i punish my Dwarves for this Attrocity?  (Read 1922 times)

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How should i punish my Dwarves for this Attrocity?
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »

>:(

This shall not go unpunished...

EDIT: Forgot to put why, I have a stockpile near my Metal shop that studs w/ metals I find to boost the value over 9000!!! So when the buffoon ran ALL the way across the map to get this I laughed a little but he wasted some nice candy on diz junk....
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:50:11 pm by zeziba »

JTTCOTE1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How should i punish my Dwarves for this Attrocity?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »

The solution is obvious.
MAGMAAAAAAA!!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 09:03:37 pm »

1. Forbid the bolts.
2. Wait for the dwarven caravan to come.
3. Pause.
4. Unforbid the bolts.
5. Mark the bolts for trade.
6. Unpause.
0 or 7. Give the dwarf in question wooden or bone gear, scavenged from elven soldiers or caravans and made locally respectively. Toss him in a danger room with a few wooden menacing spikes in it for flavor. If he survives, send him against the first goblin attack to determine his guilt. If not, destroy the body and engrave a slab before tossing the slab into a muddy pit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:52:49 am »

Make him suffer as many bad thoughts from !!justice!! as possible. Blame a murder on him, or have him violate a production order or export ban. Have him chained in a prison cell with a well drawing from water laced with blood and vomit, and throw him vermin to eat. Murder everything and eyeryone he loves and leave them to rot. Wound him with retracting spikes in the cell. Don't let him die to anything but insanity.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:56:21 am »

That sure are some epic bolts.
You have the display case mod?
If so put those in there and vastly boost the value of a room.
If not, what a waste..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 06:57:27 am »

I think they're pretty cool bolts personally. Adamantine spikes. I'd imagine the spikes pop out once the bolt hits to set it in place.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 08:34:19 am »

If not, what a waste..

Have a dwarf fire them and then retrieve them all, so you have 5 megavaluebolts instead of a stack.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59:20 am »

I'd say use them like your "black arrows". Use them on like badasses that you KNOW your going to probably die from (titans, FB, colossi, etc.). They're actually pretty badass bolts to be perfectly honest, if I saw that comming at me, I'd probably shit myself, my entire fortress would shit itself, and everyone they KNOW will shit themselves (Scare off the elves anyone?)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 02:01:30 pm »

If not, what a waste..
Have a dwarf fire them and then retrieve them all, so you have 5 megavaluebolts instead of a stack.
The stack is worth 5 times as much.

I'd say use them like your "black arrows". Use them on like badasses that you KNOW your going to probably die from (titans, FB, colossi, etc.). They're actually pretty badass bolts to be perfectly honest, if I saw that comming at me, I'd probably shit myself, my entire fortress would shit itself, and everyone they KNOW will shit themselves (Scare off the elves anyone?)
They're still no better than normal horse bone bolts...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 02:42:30 pm »

If not, what a waste..

A major part of DF is adding your own flavor, or story. Using your imagination, you know... that thing we all had when we were children? I agree with him, if youre not put off by the micro-managing side of making sure they are only used on a FB or HFS go ahead, would make a great story to have your Elite Marksdwarf captain slay a whole siege or something with these bolts.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 03:25:54 pm »

If not, what a waste..

A major part of DF is adding your own flavor, or story. Using your imagination, you know... that thing we all had when we were children? I agree with him, if youre not put off by the micro-managing side of making sure they are only used on a FB or HFS go ahead, would make a great story to have your Elite Marksdwarf captain slay a whole siege or something with these bolts.

In that case, I'd like to imagine the display case to have the five bolts displayed in a star shape, displayed next to a couple rotting fjngers of the marksdwarf who tried to steal them.
Sig