Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions  (Read 8735 times)

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 02:49:02 am »

I execute 1 of 2 ways

#1, Arena
I make a square arena, with fortifications on the side, pop in a Dwarf I want to train, and throw in various numbers and types of enemys (mostly gobbos, with loot or nude) depending on their skill. If they happen to get injured during battle, I order in my Ranged squad in to kill the remaining enemys and train up, then open the door and get the injured Dwarf our of there.

#2, Danger-room shooting range
This is on the opposite side of the arena. The way this works, it I have your avredge danger room walled off with a drawbridge. Pit a gobbo in there, pull the lever a few times for the spikes and let him out as a legendary everything. Then get your ranged squad ready to shoot forever at him through fortifications. If they run out of bolts, magma.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 03:04:56 am »

I like to expose dwarves to the roiling bioweapon aquifer I have, which constantly emits deadly vapours.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:41 am »

bioweapon aquifer I have, which constantly emits deadly vapours.
Where can I get one?

I'm usually conservative and go for firing squad executions since I didn't bother with archery ranges for years.
Also I use goblins as test subjects in various weapon researches. I'd like to create a gas chamber which would be a FB behind fortifications.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But I've yet to find a beast that would emit something more deadly than fart. Smoke and boiling stone don't work either by the way.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 04:34:04 am »

Dump a fume spitting FB in a resevoir and get lucky. I have no idea quite qhat happened, but there is a liquid of the vapour inside the resevoir, which constantly boils at the surface to cause horrific swelling and eventual exploding.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 09:27:54 am »

My God this place is full of creative people with a slight inclination towards sociopaty, it's kind of cool.

I never took artifacts into account here, indestructible items have almost limitless uses and i see you upgraded my incinerator to be always running, may be hard on my FPS to have a room of eternal fire but it's simply awesome.

Besides all the other cool executions the one i feel is the most promising is the gas chamber, now, how the hell i get a FB to get into the fortifications? dem trapavoid... there's any way to catch them besides the overly complicated GCS trap? plus if you manage to catch several badies you could make a nice cocktail.

Dump a fume spitting FB in a resevoir and get lucky. I have no idea quite qhat happened, but there is a liquid of the vapour inside the resevoir, which constantly boils at the surface to cause horrific swelling and eventual exploding.

That means that if i throw a FB with corrosive blood down into my red pool it will be contaminted and the "corrosive" effect of said blood would aply to my water? i hope it does! but the problem persist, how the hell i can trap a FB!
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

BlueSam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:23 pm »

Hey, this thread just gave me an idea. Everybody knows a 20-z-level fall will kill almost everything. But wouldnt it be needlessly more complicated and sadistic (thus, dwarven) to build a huge tower, with drawbridges for floors every 2 levels, so that, intead of a killing fall, the gobbos have to go through several small falls.
You can try to guess how many falls it would take to kill them, see the fun combat logs and pave the last level with serrated disk traps to greet those who make it all the way there.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 10:53:14 pm »

You might be a sadist.

Alternatively, you have been playing way too much DF.

I'm not really clear on the difference...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 01:59:13 am »

but the problem persist, how the hell i can trap a FB!
Words can't tell this so I'll just draw it badly:
The distance between the bridge should be around a dozen of tiles and it'd better to lock the door.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:13:38 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 03:14:23 am »

In my previous fort I had a combination execution pit / silk farm to dispatch goblins, trogolodytes, trolls, and anything else hostile that I caged. Two tamed giant cave spiders would carry out the grisly deed and then my weavers would move in to collect the precious silk and convert it all into clothes. I took to leaving the skeletons in the pit after a while out of misaimed artistry. My favourites were the troll executions, they could survive for weeks with a spider clamped to their heads before a lucky shake tore their throats open.
Edit:typo
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:17:01 pm by LumberingOaf »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 07:45:56 am »

The distance between the bridge should be around a dozen of tiles and it'd better to lock the door.

Or, webs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

The ballista chamber would be just as fun, but more resource-efficient, if it was just a long line in front of one ballista. Even better, make a fortification at the end of the hallway that leads through your most-in-need of defending corridor. No sense wasting that bolt, and what dwarf doesn't want to send a heavy iron arrow plowing through fifty goblins at once?
My wooden badge was delicious.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 07:55:28 am »

Or drop ballista arrows down a pit where goblins are stuck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:54 pm »

Or, webs.

Sometimes you get web immune FB's, so you have to be careful.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »

Or, webs.

Sometimes you get web immune FB's, so you have to be careful.

Wasn't the idea to catch a bioweapon FB?
Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »

Wasn't the idea to catch a bioweapon FB?
Which is why you don't want to rely on webbed cage traps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4