Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions  (Read 8750 times)

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

Lets get sadistic here, this is a thread to discuss creative, simple and FUN (and fun) ways of killing all those caged goblins you surelly have from your traped entrance.

I personally use an executions tower of fun surprises, each level consisting of two z-levels, one with the actual playground for goblins and one above it for control/dumping/storage of pertinent materials, i pack these creating an aboveground tower that would sincerely scare the living shit out of anthing willing to try a siege.

So far i have a few designs and i drew them in terrible doodles because i was bored and the shinny colors attract my atention.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And because this whole post is so horribly bloody and sincerely kind of disturbing lets make things nicer a dwarven baby!

Soooo guys i invite you to post your executions methods here! lets make this a thread worthy of showing to new players! killing methods are one of the best ways of showing the game posibilities and i'm curious about what the comunity does to get rid of all these green/gray suckers.

If wanted i could draw the doodle of your death chamber and include it to this post.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »

I just mass-pit naked goblins into my barracks, where all the professional military trains.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:29:15 pm »

You might be a sadist.

Alternatively, you have been playing way too much DF.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

I have a worrying lack of prisoners these days :(

Anyways the ones I get I mostly chain by the entrance. This used to be just for friendly merchants, but then I realized creatures don't attack anything while chained. So I'm now waiting for some goblin friends to help detect the myriad of undead that will no doubt decide to show up any time soon...
Oh and were-creatures break out of their chains when they transform. That nearly went horribly wrong.

Alas! You seek execution methods, and that is what I came here to post. My all time favourite has to be the moose pit.

Ultimately though it had to be shut down...
It now serves as a focal point for Marksdwarves to defend on, but if ever a way to cage/release the undead easily appeared, the moose pit may become active again.
The blood god needs more sacrifices after all...

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »

Why is it called the "moose pit"?

Suddenly, I want to embark in an evil biome so I can make a pit full of the undead.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:42 pm »

1. In honour of a Dwarf
2. Because there was a time where the majority of undead in the pit were Moose :P

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:09 pm »

I just mass-pit naked goblins into my barracks, where all the professional military trains.

Bonus training! for some reason i find this one really frightening it's like throwing a mouse in room full of hungry cats.

You might be a sadist.

Alternatively, you have been playing way too much DF.

One of the first words i wrote was "sadistic" so you get the idea, plus you're a DF player as well, if you tell me you're not a sadist ingame you're a dirty liar.

I have around a week without playing, a free saturday morning with nothing to do and this post is the result.

I have a worrying lack of prisoners these days :(

Anyways the ones I get I mostly chain by the entrance. This used to be just for friendly merchants, but then I realized creatures don't attack anything while chained. So I'm now waiting for some goblin friends to help detect the myriad of undead that will no doubt decide to show up any time soon...
Oh and were-creatures break out of their chains when they transform. That nearly went horribly wrong.

Alas! You seek execution methods, and that is what I came here to post. My all time favourite has to be the moose pit.

Ultimately though it had to be shut down...
It now serves as a focal point for Marksdwarves to defend on, but if ever a way to cage/release the undead easily appeared, the moose pit may become active again.
The blood god needs more sacrifices after all...

My God! how i missed that one? sublime, my friend! a selfreplicating pit of undead beasts is simply a classic.

Suddenly, I want to embark in an evil biome so I can make a pit full of the undead.

See? we're all ingame sadists, is not like you will go and kill some small mammal now that the doomsday device you spent 4 hours working on is finished.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »

I don't play the sadist much. The undead pit, however, suddenly seems very appealing. Can the undead die via bolts? I mean, it would be the perfect way to train your marksdwarves.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:25 pm »

I don't play the sadist much. The undead pit, however, suddenly seems very appealing. Can the undead die via bolts? I mean, it would be the perfect way to train your marksdwarves.

They do, check out my third method for nearly infinite marksdwarf training if you want, bronze collosi are good as well but both the collosus and the undead are harder to get than goblins and a danger room.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 03:38:26 pm »

They do, check out my third method for nearly infinite marksdwarf training if you want, bronze collosi are good as well but both the collosus and the undead are harder to get than goblins and a danger room.

I like your method, by the way. +1 to this thread.

I have always noticed that underground creatures path to the aboveground when they get the chance (anyone else notice this?), anyways, I am now setting up a cage trapped tunnel to the underground that is separate to my fortress. I am going to catch every underground creature that I can. Then I am going to separate them by species (and tameability), then make a series of pit-traps for the gobbos. Any that aren't caught will be left to my troll-traps and such.

I'm hoping to catch a cave dragon, but I am not near an evil biome.  :-\

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »

I have always noticed that underground creatures path to the aboveground when they get the chance (anyone else notice this?), anyways, I am now setting up a cage trapped tunnel to the underground that is separate to my fortress. I am going to catch every underground creature that I can. Then I am going to separate them by species (and tameability), then make a series of pit-traps for the gobbos. Any that aren't caught will be left to my troll-traps and such.

AFAIK underground creatures don't give a crap about evil/good/savage/calm biomes but i might be wrong, i'll actually run DF now to test this out but i think this is true, otherwise you'd have pretty much unhabited caverns in a safe biome and we all know down there is dangeroues regardless of that.

I had no idea because i never breach the caverns like that but it is a good way to get rid of prisoners, even just throwing them down there seems like a good deal.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »

AFAIK underground creatures don't give a crap about evil/good/savage/calm biomes but i might be wrong, i'll actually run DF now to test this out but i think this is true, otherwise you'd have pretty much unhabited caverns in a safe biome and we all know down there is dangeroues regardless of that.

I had no idea because i never breach the caverns like that but it is a good way to get rid of prisoners, even just throwing them down there seems like a good deal.

Same here, I've seen note on magmawiki that said that good/evil tag don't works on underground creature. Though that could be from older version being copy-pasted over without too much checking.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 04:15:03 pm »

You see the retractable bridges up top in the first pic? They weren't for show :P
Although I never really did use it to train my marksdwarves. Wastes bolts imo

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

The magma spiker:
Disposes of undead or creatures that could become undead in an evil region. Consists of a pit with magma and magma-safe (steel) retracting spears hooked up via magma-safe mechanisms. Animated corpses that "collapse" are destroyed in the magma before they can re-animate.

Will it blend?
Cover the floor of a 5z pit with weapon traps, each containing 10x steel serrated discs. Requires frequent cleaning.

Live ammo / target practice:
Build a pillar with a fatal fall on all sides (or use a ledge above a chasm). Build a minecart shotgun of the "double" design, where a cage is shot out of a minecart, hits a wall, and shoots out a goblin from the cage. Put some of your goblins on the pillar, and use the other goblins to knock them off.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 02:22:28 am »

The incinerator:
Simple enough. Put a wooden artifact in a 1x1 pit and light it on fire however you can. It will burn forever. Magma will work, but there may be easier methods, like dragonfire, depending on your specific circumstances. Drop victims in the pit and watch as the fat melts off their bodies and they bleed out. You can use water to put out the flame if you want to collect the goblinite.

The dump:
Even simpler. Dig a 1x1 shaft at least 5 z-levels deep, so the goblins at the bottom won't scare dwarves at the top. If it's too deep a lot of goblins will die from the fall, but that might be just fine with you. Anyway, designate a pit over the top of the shaft and a garbage dump next to the shaft. The goblins in the pit will be slowly bludgeoned to death as you dump your socks, hamster remains, and rotten forgotten beast intestines on their heads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4