Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52988 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #345 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »

Leafsnail: Is your flavor for people dying from loss of health the same? 'Taken Out' == 'Lost all his health'?

Because it sounds like Think was...err, assassinated?
If the text next to their name in the OP is different then they were killed by different methods.  Think did not die due to lack of health.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »

If so, then...he would have 8 life, but...Gomazoa wouldn't be in his hand if UI attacked him as we can all see it. I couldn't have attacked him because my cards specifically attack creatures > Player first, regardless of status of the creature. Now, as nobody among the living else claimed an attack on him (and Deathsword should have at least 2 Health - either the 7/7 sliver or the 1/1 being blocked, then the 1 from the Wastes OR someone else is hiding a claim on an attack @ Deathsword)...

So my vote stays on UI.
Counterpoint: If Gomazoa had been summoned, there's no way it would be in his hand when he died.
Additional counterpoint: If Gomazoa had been summoned, Deathsword would not have died last night.
Counterpoint III: "Nonexistent" is not a status your card disregards.

Stop making shit up.

We all take it that a one-man scumteam is unreasonable at this time? Think seems like a third-party something who steals cards, judging from the erratic movements earlier. I'm operating under the assumption that either there are < ~2 scum left.
Of course you are. Less than approximately two scum. How much more vague can you get?

Why are you speaking in exact numbers? I didn't see anything about a team in the OP or in any of Leafsnail's posts.
Quote from: OP
Of course, we have the same old naysayers claiming the tournament has been taken over by some kind of shadowy syndicate.  We would like to once again strenuously deny this allegation, but encourage participants to be vigilant in routing out illegal "teamwork" or "friendship" related activities.

Hapah: You are still denying the town information to retain the element of surprise.

I'll go back through and answer anything I missed tomorrow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »

-snip-
Counter-counter point:

Are you going to answer my questions, sir? Look back into the thread, please.

Additional Pointy-point: What 'nonexistent?'

You say you hit him with 7/7 and the 1/1. Either you're hiding something with it, or there was interference. Now, nobody among the living claimed to have blocked me, and my attack, so I'm assuming scum did it.

Is anyone else interfering with what you're saying, hmm? Because I've a feeling you're hiding something. At the rate your creatures are going, you are able to attack basically everyone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2012, 12:08:16 am »

EBWOP:

If so, then...he would have 8 life, but...Gomazoa wouldn't be in his hand if UI attacked him as we can all see it. I couldn't have attacked him because my cards specifically attack creatures > Player first, regardless of status of the creature. Now, as nobody among the living else claimed an attack on him (and Deathsword should have at least 2 Health - either the 7/7 sliver or the 1/1 being blocked, then the 1 from the Wastes OR someone else is hiding a claim on an attack @ Deathsword)...

So my vote stays on UI.
Counterpoint: If Gomazoa had been summoned, there's no way it would be in his hand when he died.
Additional counterpoint: If Gomazoa had been summoned, Deathsword would not have died last night.
Counterpoint III: "Nonexistent" is not a status your card disregards.
So I see your points sound contradictory.

Now on the first: If Gom had been summoned, I presume you'd attack it judging by the orange.
On the second: 'Would not'? If Gomazoa had been summoned, my card would've hit it and I wouldn't have a summoned creature in my hand right now. Regardless of it being summoned, Deathsword would still be alive. Logical conjunction.
On the third: Same holds. I don't see any nonexistent anywhere (used the search) but thanks for pointing out the teamwork-thing.

Do you know anyone else who hit him that you aren't letting on?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2012, 06:26:34 am »

What I'm saying that you can't seem to admit is that he didn't have a creature summoned.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2012, 07:50:08 am »

What I'm saying that you can't seem to admit is that he didn't have a creature summoned.
Well, I am trying every assumption that I can take because the only logical one that presents itself is 'Someone roleblocked my card, and all it's duplicates' because by whatever deity stands by, I can't for the love of myself understand how Deathsword died by your attack.

Alright, let's say he didn't have any creature summoned. You hit him for 8 damage, leaving 2 left (+1 via Wastes)...

So...((Still awaiting my other questions))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2012, 07:50:42 am »

EBWOP:

...how did you conclude that anyway?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2012, 08:08:28 am »

Are you saying you didn't attack him?

Also:

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2012, 09:48:30 am »

I don't see any reason why one of the dead couldn't have poked DS for 2 N1, either by creature or spell. I haven't sat down and tried to work it out, but it seems like it would explain it at a glance.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »

Are you saying you didn't attack him?

Also:
I tried to attack him, but then my card was exiled then returned in a Gomazoa-ish way, disregarding the 'following night' text along with the duplicate card being roleblocked. The former meaning:
Quote from: What my Diamonds thought
Diamond: Raaaaaagggghhh! DIE DIE DIE
Event: Exile!
Diamond: ARRRRGGH

Night ends. Pre-day

*plop*

Diamond: Hey, I'm back, what did I miss?

Basically, after attacking (Leaf said unsuccessful due to the exile), my summoned bro pops back in before day start -- in the same message as night results. So...yes, I guess I didn't attack him due to that (or I killed another creature somehow that is similar to Gomazoa).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:13 pm »

Tiruin:
Also, could you state why you picked me and Hapah as your top suspicions? Preferably with quotes and justification.
You because your claim is contradicting itself.
Hapah because he has a secret that he's not willing to share.
It's nice to hear your opinion. Doesn't help, though.
This means, I want to see something backing up your statement on me. How am I contradicting? Preferably, state where, and straight to the point.
You have changed your story three (now four) times: The first was claiming to have a replica of your diamonds card (also, please tell us more about this replica - what card did you actually send in?), the second was your summon being blocked, and the third was your creature being exiled, and the fourth is it bouncing back into your hand at the end of the night. The first is sort of okay to miss I guess, given that you fixed it right away, but you really couldn't be bothered to claim the other three when you claimed your cards?

Meanwhile Hapah has claimed a mystery card, which he's keeping secret to maintain an element of surprise.

Toaster: If you don't have anything that warrants a vote, why haven't you been scumhunting?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2012, 11:38:14 pm »

Ahahahaha. No.

I didn't change my story at all, only holding back info until I could see what was shifted. Stop deflecting on me.

I had a replica of my Diamonds card -- that was my 5th card which mirrors one of the other cards in my hand. I sent in a picture of five cards, not individual cards ((The Joker.))

The second was my summon being blocked -- this didn't change.

The third being my creature is exiled. Yes, it was exiled, and then due to RL stuff, I forgot to insert the part where it returned to my hand later on after some posts later until Hapah called it in, being the fourth.

Also, claim the other three?

Err, thinking you mean the cards I have. I won't claim the full name of the three (four, counting the replica) cards because of the probability of it being stolen or duplicated or blocked as some cards here work by knowing the name. Especially that last card.

Leafsnail: Do cards that work if the player knows their names need to be their full and complete name?

Toaster: Y U LURK?!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2012, 07:13:22 am »

Leafsnail: Do cards that work if the player knows their names need to be their full and complete name?
The name as it appears in bold, yes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2012, 08:42:41 am »

Busy-ness due to RL. Have colds. Finals coming closer. I have colds.

Accursed colds. Can't think right.

Extend.

I don't like the way activity is coming along currently and the day ends on Saturday (what timezone are you in Leafsnail? It's nearing the brink of midnight -- 12am Saturday here)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2012, 08:59:35 am »

I agree with an Extension, since I can't wrap my head around whether or not Tiruin is lying. And some other things as well.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28