Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53021 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2012, 12:45:08 am »

EBWOP

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Fix'd mine.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:36 am »

PFP

Tir: Why was your creature exiled, again?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

PFP

Tir: Why was your creature exiled, again?

Quote from: Gomazoa
Creature with stats 0/3.  This card cannot attack.  When this card blocks both it and the attacking creature are exiled.  Both creatures are returned to their owners' hands after the following night.  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

Leaf: Is there any specific order to when a player defends against attacks?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2012, 11:42:42 am »

You can set the blocking order yourself.  By default it goes from highest toughness to lowest toughness (tossups on equal toughness).  It's similar for attacking only with power instead of toughness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:36 am »

Tir: Thank you. I don't believe it adds up, though. Because if you attacked DS N2 as you claimed, both your and his creatures should have been exiled until N3, at which point they would return to your hand. The issue is that DS's creature was in his hand at the time of his death. If it were exiled because it blocked N2, then it should have been exiled (and thus, not revealed with his flip, because it wasn't in his hand) upon his death.

Most important part: Hold your votes, people.
I want Leaf to confirm the mechanics. There are two scum and three votes to hammer, so you'd better be DAMN sure before you put a vote down.

Leaf: If I successfully blocked with the card Gomazoa and died the same night, would Gomazoa show with my flip?

PPE Yay Leaf is on

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2012, 11:55:56 am »

Votecount (correct I think):
Tiruin: UI
Urist I: Tiruin

Not voting: Hapah, TolyK, Toaster.

Some peculiarities (at least from my point of view):
 - Toaster "overkilling" Book
 - some of Tiruin's claims

Also, you're right about hammering I think, Hapah. We have a statistical 40% chance to hit scum (right? Unless the team members were both "card sharks", in which case we might have one? I doubt it.)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Extend. I'm not going to be able to post until tomorrow or Thursday. Four assignments, all due Thursday, and only one of them is on the course syllabus.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2012, 05:11:40 pm »

PFP

Sure thing UI. Extend.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »

Extension granted.  Day now ends on Saturday.  Two extensions remain.

Leaf: If I successfully blocked with the card Gomazoa and died the same night, would Gomazoa show with my flip?
No - Gomazoa would be exiled, and thus would not show up in your hand.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2012, 08:18:20 pm »

Thanks Leaf!

Tir: I'd wager you've got exactly one post to either tell us what you really did, or come up with a very convincing version of what happened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

Tir: Thank you. I don't believe it adds up, though. Because if you attacked DS N2 as you claimed, both your and his creatures should have been exiled until N3, at which point they would return to your hand. The issue is that DS's creature was in his hand at the time of his death. If it were exiled because it blocked N2, then it should have been exiled (and thus, not revealed with his flip, because it wasn't in his hand) upon his death.
Tir:[/b] I'd wager you've got exactly one post to either tell us what you really did, or come up with a very convincing version of what happened.
No - Gomazoa would be exiled, and thus would not show up in your hand.
What.

WHAT.

...I am totally confused. If that didn't happen, then why in the cursed hells did I have them cards exiled and my summoning ruined?

Leaf: When do attacks from creatures happen? Night or Day? If the Creature has any abilities that come in effect when attacked, do they happen at night or day?

Did Gomazoa die, or does it's ability make it survive an attack and act as a warder?

If exiled cards return to your hand, when do they return? Day or Night? If the wielder dies, do the cards return to their hand or do they show up upon roleflip?

Lastly: Using this description
Creature with stats 0/3.  This card cannot attack.  When this card blocks both it and the attacking creature are exiled.  Both creatures are returned to their owners' hands after the following night.  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.
Does this mean when Gomazoa is attacked with a card that can kill it (ie, higher attack vs def power) both cards will be exiled for the night and return...at dawn?

The last paragraph takes priority in answering. I have nothing else to say other than what I already said and I stand by that as my action.

N2 - Summon Diamond. Attack with Replica Diamond > Deathsword. Summon was blocked, attacker was exiled (hence my thinking it was Gomazoa). Burning sensation for 1hp. Then the Diamond who attacked returned to my hand leaving me with the same deck as before, minus 1hp.

Some peculiarities (at least from my point of view):
 - Toaster "overkilling" Book
 - some of Tiruin's claims

Also, you're right about hammering I think, Hapah. We have a statistical 40% chance to hit scum (right? Unless the team members were both "card sharks", in which case we might have one? I doubt it.)
Toaster's overkilling of Book is valid. Attacks made by cards happen at the same time unless stated otherwise.

And...are you going to question me about the claims or what?

Please explain how you concluded this? My mind is currently fuzzy from researching for Finals and such but I can't get this one right on how statistics gets here.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:15 pm »

Quote from: Tir
-snip-
N2 - Summon Diamond. Attack with Replica Diamond > Deathsword. Summon was blocked, attacker was exiled (hence my thinking it was Gomazoa). Burning sensation for 1hp. Then the Diamond who attacked returned to my hand leaving me with the same deck as before, minus 1hp.
Bolded for emphasis.So you just happened to omit this fact from your original claim, AND your correction to my list of actions?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »

Quote from: Tir
-snip-
Bolded for emphasis.So you just happened to omit this fact from your original claim, AND your correction to my list of actions?
Omit? No I didn't.

* Tiruin reads back.

...Note to self: Do not post when sleep deprived. I was under the fact that I had already posted that before. Anyway, we've till Saturday and sorry for being an idiot.

Quote from: Tiruin
Health taken last night = 1Hp It seems we've got personal Health meters (or I've missed the note somewhere)

Cards (No links here):
- of Diamonds: Creature with stats 5/5.  When attacking someone it will always target their creature with the highest combined attack and defence score, even if that creature is out attacking (if the player has no creatures it will instead attack the player).  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

- of Clubs: Watcher type, shows the name of the card and ability used. One-shot

- of Hearts:  Lifesaver-Lynch type card

Summoned cards:

- of Diamonds: Same as the above. Used this one to attack Deathsword N2, was exiled during the attack. Got returned after the attack.
So nothing changed but my HP.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:35 pm »

Tir: Maybe it was an honest mistake, but you have to realize how it looks.

We'll wait and see what Leaf says about your question, though. He did say that if Gomazoa blocked and DS died the same night, Gomazoa wouldn't show up in his hand. And considering that both dead men's actions are supposedly accounted for (your being blocked and my receiving my extra card), it looks like you'd have to get awfully creative with the cards to make it happen as you said it happened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »

Tir: Maybe it was an honest mistake, but you have to realize how it looks.
I did once you pointed it out.

In addition to that (Leaf, please answer this in another sentence.): If a card is exiled due to it's ability, as stated by the Gomazoa, when does it return? If the player dies while it is in the ability-state, is it shown on roleflip? If the Gomazoa is attacked with a higher value attacker, does it die? If so, then does it's ability trigger? If so, then does it still return to it's owner's hand?

We'll wait and see what Leaf says about your question, though. He did say that if Gomazoa blocked and DS died the same night, Gomazoa wouldn't show up in his hand. And considering that both dead men's actions are supposedly accounted for (your being blocked and my receiving my extra card), it looks like you'd have to get awfully creative with the cards to make it happen as you said it happened.
What extra card?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28