Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52941 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »

So you're trying to give yourself license to cardfish?
What do you know about left legs?

I am stating facts. Facts are important and useful, thus I am sharing them.

They are a lot like right legs, only left.

Zrk2: Exact name?
Zrk2: How important do you think cards and card names will be in this game?

Very. Several of my cards require the names of other cards in order to work.
Anyway, if in a situation where all your cards are one-shots, and mostly along the lines of non-killing//non-roleblocking effect, will you use them given your first opportunity?

I would assume so, I'm only told I have to name specific creatures.

That obviously depends on what they do. Give me some examples if you want more accurate answers. In general I would use the less capable abilities early on and save the more potent abilities for when stuff gets tight.

Deathsword, who are you and where did you come from?
I don't understand what you mean by this question, could you clarify?

How long have you been on the forums, how long have you been playing mafia, a general bio would be nice.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 03:07:31 pm »

Double POst Because I hit the wrong button...

Zrk2: if it was within your power to neutralise all cards held by a player, how would you choose your target?

General scumminess, uselessness, maybe jackassery...

Hapah, what is you favourite role as town? As scum?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »

Zrk2:

How long have you been on the forums, how long have you been playing mafia, a general bio would be nice.
As can be seen on my profile I've been on the forums since 2010, but only moved to the lower boards this year. I've played two BMs here and I'm also currently in Meph's semi-bastard.

Since you mentioned that your cards require names, how do you expect to learn the names of other players' creatures?

TolyK:
It'll probably end up being a random lynch, but I guess anything can happen. Aside from one or more people dying in the night I don't really know what to expect.
With the XP system, don't you think it's more likely for folks to just be damaged? How likely do you think it is that the mafia have an actual, unblockable kill?
I assume you mean HP. Leafsnail hasn't confirmed or denied the existance of a NK, and there could always be a kill-causing card.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 05:48:31 pm »

Zrk2:

As can be seen on my profile I've been on the forums since 2010, but only moved to the lower boards this year. I've played two BMs here and I'm also currently in Meph's semi-bastard.

Since you mentioned that your cards require names, how do you expect to learn the names of other players' creatures?

I hope so, because if I don't then some of my cards will be useless.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »

web:
There's a myriad of variables that are unexplained in that question. Give them one that actually matters or can be said without a bunch of different points in the matter.

Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? See, that one asks your general question without factoring in that the sun's elevation is 22 degrees above the horizon and that fish is four.
Wow, you're really overthinking that question. Why do you care so much about what Toaster asks me and Hapah?
Okay, now to fully answer your questions and concerns.

How on Earth am I overthinking the question? It's a stupid question. I'm trying to make a question that matters. Here's a good one for you:

Why do you care about how much I care about what ANYONE asks? If, indeed, it is bad for someone to care about who says what, then why are you concerned over what I said? Do you see the underlying hypocrisy? Or do you not? Because it seems as though public record means nothing to you. I'm free to question anyone about anything they've said, regardless of the recipient. In fact, it should be encouraged, so that people are watching people. No one is allowed to ask stupid question in my game unopposed.

As for your answer, I highly disagree with it. You're selfishly tunnelling someone for your own gain. You've given considerable lack of listening to anyone but yourself. In short, your mindset will lose town the game. But, if you're okay with that, then I will gladly vote to lynch you. Would you like to reconsider your answer?

Woah. The whole point of RVS is to ask questions and get people going. By leaving it open ended he leaves more room for a response, giving more info to go on. Is that really an issue?

Wuba, who do you think would make the best scumteam in this game?
Open-ended questions are not the issue. What he had was a very specific question, and that I was not okay with. His question was less broad than mine was. Or did you fail to notice?

As for the best scumteam, I don't have an answer. No scumteam is best. A scumteam that plays to their strengths is the best. I mean, sure Toaster is good scum, but he has very easy to notice scumtells. Same with Bookthras. I don't know who else is in the game, but I think Deathsword and Zrk2 would be the best scumteam in my mind, as I cannot easily discern scumtells from them.

Would you like the name of one of my cards? Assuming that your card is beneficial, I see no reason not to give you it. If you steal cards or remove them from my hand, however, I'd prefer not to give them to you (Or maybe I would, it depends on whether you'll use them for the benefit of town).

Useless question. Please refrain from posting inanity.

Web: There is some kind of truth-testing role out there? How do you know this? (If this was a role mentioned before, forgive me, but I see nothing about it on the help section in a normal mafia)
Also,

I am not scum.

In case any of you truth-testers be out there. Even if I'm probably going to die tonight.
Also, why the thoughts of death at the current night?
Death already covered. Truth-tellers have been in many games, and if there was one, I've nothing to hide. They may test my sentence thoroughly because I am not scum.

Wuba: how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? if you think you are probably going to die tonight, what steps would you take to prevent it, or would you welcome it? How do you think the HP & monsters mechanic would help or hinder your N1 death?
Not very likely, though, if I feel there is a legitimate threat of not lynching said person, I will gladly vote them. However, it is not my job to sit about and declare victory after finding one scum. We must all be ever vigilant. That's what I'm doing to counteract my inevitable death. If I can't live, I'll make sure what I'm saying doesn't die.

As for the last question, it doesn't matter what I think. They're in the game regardless of how stupid it is. Nor can I possibly predict what others will do, especially as consequence of what I say.

He never said creature names. He said card names. Didn't he? So, why did you ask for something else entirely?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

Webadict:

Anyway, if in a situation where all your cards are one-shots, and mostly along the lines of non-killing//non-roleblocking effect, will you use them given your first opportunity?

I see creature quite clearly there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »

Webadict:

I see creature quite clearly there.
Evidently. My mistake. Carry on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 08:43:12 pm »

Soooo... I see you guys are busy...

Awesome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 08:48:04 pm »

6 votes required to lynch.  5 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:30am GMT time, on Friday the 14th of September.

Votecount:
Think0028 (1): Toaster
webadict (2): Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin
Deathsword (2): Zrk2, TolyK
Hapah (1): Bookthras

4 votes required to extend, 3 extensions remaining.

All players have posted since the last mod update (e: "mod update" means a phase start or a votecount, not answering questions).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:51:33 pm by Leafsnail »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »

Would you like the name of one of my cards? Assuming that your card is beneficial, I see no reason not to give you it. If you steal cards or remove them from my hand, however, I'd prefer not to give them to you (Or maybe I would, it depends on whether you'll use them for the benefit of town).

Why the hell not? I'll be going off of guesswork and hunches for the most part, since even if I have solid scum picks I still won't know much about what cards do. Some of my cards that sound the most powerful are actually rather less potent.

Mod, will the title always contain a card-py pun?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »

Why the hell not? I'll be going off of guesswork and hunches for the most part, since even if I have solid scum picks I still won't know much about what cards do. Some of my cards that sound the most powerful are actually rather less potent.

Well, do you need a creature card?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 09:25:45 pm »

If I can think of one, yes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »

PPE: FU COMCAST

Think:
Hapah: I think power isn't really much of a question here, as in high ability count games it's more of a question if the abilities handed out synchronize well with other scum or not, and whether they'll be negated by town abilities or not. As such, the power of a card for scum depends on the arrangement as much as the individual cards, and as such while I don't know if scum will get stronger cards, I'd say they'd get equal use out of the cards, ideally.
Does the fact that scum may or may not have a NK change your view at all?

UI and Hapah:  If both of you were voting the other, and no one else was voting either of you- a third party having the most votes at four- would that make you reconsider your position on the other?
It'd make me give the case on the person with 4 another look, but it wouldn't make UI look less scummy.

Hapah: Are you satisfied with the abilities of your cards?
All I'll say is that they were not what I thought they would be.

Hapah: The situation is as follows , there are two people that are high on the hammer, and your vote is the one that seals their fate. The first suspect acted scummy all day yet claimed to have a protect-type card and an inspecting card after pressing. The second is being vague but of less scumminess than the first. How will you treat the situation as town? As scum?
First one in both instances, after rocking the boat a little more to see if anything interesting falls out. Claiming a Doc or Cop card doesn't make you any less scummy. As Town, I'd say it's still the better lynch. As scum, I'd do it mostly because I'd do it as town. Plus you can squeeze the second guy the next day and seem perfectly justified in your hammervote.

Hapah: If you had a card that gave a positive effect either to yourself or to a target, how would you choose between those options? How soon would you use it instead of other, more aggressive cards you might have?
I'm not sure I understand. Wouldn't I always choose myself, unless it was something like a protect?

Hapah, what is you favourite role as town? As scum?
Doc as Town, because vigi stresses me the hell out, apparently. Maybe Bus Driver, haven't played one of those yet. No real preference as scum.

Leaf: I like the mini built in Lurker Tracker!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:34 pm »

Web:
Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes?

Exactly as likely as I am if they have 0 votes- I often don't even check the vote count before I vote someone.

I was reaching on questions because no one was posting, period.

What makes you think a truth-teller is likely?

UI:  Would you even examine the cases brought by the votees on third party?

TolyK:
TolyK: As town, would you rather have a 5/1 creature or a 1/5 creature? As scum?
I'd rather have a 1/5 creature as town, since I'd prefer to survive and have my other cards do something. As scum... I'm not sure. It'd probably be better to have a 5/1 since you want to hit 'em hard and try to kill the others faster, I guess.

Answer indicates a strong sense of self-preservation- scum candidate noted.

Zrk2:

Rolefishing intent detected.  Likelyhood of scum- high.

Hapah:  Let's say you found the case solid, but not overwhelming like your own case against UI.  Would you change your vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:41 pm »

Web:
Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes?

Exactly as likely as I am if they have 0 votes- I often don't even check the vote count before I vote someone.

I was reaching on questions because no one was posting, period.

What makes you think a truth-teller is likely?
That can't be true. Otherwise, you'd accidentally hammer. Yet, I am sure I can find posts of your relating to your vote and the remaining number of votes to hammer.

Reaching for questions... on the first Day... Man, okay.

Also, the better question is why haven't you stated a sentence to check? I mean, even if there is a .0001% chance of a truth-teller, would you not make such a sentence? And, undoubtably, there is at least a 1 in 1000000, is there not? And I figured you'd at least try to state something like that without provocation. Maybe you're just not trying. Is that what we're supposed to think?

It's like, you're not even trying. Thanks for that. It's a real pleasure to see that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28