Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53009 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:18 am »

Hapah: Are you satisfied with the abilities of your cards?

Webadict: Why are you so sure you'll die tonight?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

Toaster: Fuck no it wouldn't make me reconsider my position. If I think he's a scummy son of a bitch, the fact that a third party is being dragged into the noose instead of him will not magically make me think that he's less of a scummy son of a bitch.

web:
There's a myriad of variables that are unexplained in that question. Give them one that actually matters or can be said without a bunch of different points in the matter.

Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? See, that one asks your general question without factoring in that the sun's elevation is 22 degrees above the horizon and that fish is four.
Wow, you're really overthinking that question. Why do you care so much about what Toaster asks me and Hapah?

TolyK: As town, would you rather have a 5/1 creature or a 1/5 creature? As scum?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:41 am »

Zrk2: Suppose you had a card that seemed to have an extremely useful ability as scum. Would you be concerned about a counter ability floating around? What would you do to try to find that if you thought it existed?

I wouldn't worry about it; it can't get me anywhere and could only degenerate into WIFOM. NEXT!

Think:
Toaster: My first scum slip would be answering this question, as I can't make a scum slip if I'm not scum.

So since you answered the question, you must be scum.  Thanks for admitting that- let's find the next one.

UI and Hapah:  If both of you were voting the other, and no one else was voting either of you- a third party having the most votes at four- would that make you reconsider your position on the other?
WTF are these question? Are we still in "ask stupid question" meta?

That literally has nothing to do with this game right now. There's a myriad of variables that are unexplained in that question. Give them one that actually matters or can be said without a bunch of different points in the matter.

Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? See, that one asks your general question without factoring in that the sun's elevation is 22 degrees above the horizon and that fish is four.

All I want is a good question. There aren't going to be any trapdoors that mystically catch scum, unless, for some reason, you asked, "Are you scum?" and the person replied, "Yes." In that case, though, I'm gonna call shenanigans.

Also,

I am not scum.

In case any of you truth-testers be out there. Even if I'm probably going to die tonight.

Woah. The whole point of RVS is to ask questions and get people going. By leaving it open ended he leaves more room for a response, giving more info to go on. Is that really an issue?

Deathsword, who are you and where did you come from?

TolyK, did you expect a full blown card game, or did you think the cards would just give abilities?

Wuba, who do you think would make the best scumteam in this game?

He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2012, 11:06:54 am »

Deathsword: I don't quite know you. What do you expect to learn from scumhunting today? Do you think it'll be a random lynch or something more helpful? How about the first night?

Wuba: Why do you think you're gonna die this night? (PPE: Nevermind, this was answered already...)

Zrk2: How important do you think cards and card names will be in this game?

PPE: Derpity derp derp. Now to reply to lotsa posts.

TolyK: As town, would you rather have a 5/1 creature or a 1/5 creature? As scum?
I'd rather have a 1/5 creature as town, since I'd prefer to survive and have my other cards do something. As scum... I'm not sure. It'd probably be better to have a 5/1 since you want to hit 'em hard and try to kill the others faster, I guess.

TolyK, did you expect a full blown card game, or did you think the cards would just give abilities?
(You stole my question :P)
I expected that cards would give abilities (obviously :P) and something like a player-health-system since quite a few card games actually use that thing. So this was about what I expected, except this also has creatures.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:39 am »

Very. Several of my cards require the names of other cards in order to work.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20:02 am »

So you're trying to give yourself license to cardfish?
What do you know about left legs?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:40 pm »

Urp. Busy fixing up the BM stuff, but mostly due to other RL issues...

Back though.

Web: There is some kind of truth-testing role out there? How do you know this? (If this was a role mentioned before, forgive me, but I see nothing about it on the help section in a normal mafia)
Also,

I am not scum.

In case any of you truth-testers be out there. Even if I'm probably going to die tonight.
Also, why the thoughts of death at the current night?

Zrk2: Exact name?

Very. Several of my cards require the names of other cards in order to work.
Anyway, if in a situation where all your cards are one-shots, and mostly along the lines of non-killing//non-roleblocking effect, will you use them given your first opportunity?

ToylK: Can't you come up with an original question?
-snip-
Nevertheless, if you had an option to create a balanced card creature, would you use it in offense during the first night or for defensive purposes? And...what is cardfishing?

Also,
Wuba: Why do you think you're gonna die this night? (PPE: Nevermind, this was answered already...)
No it wasn't. Where did you see the answer to it?

Deathsword: Let's say you're stocked full of creature cards, balanced in general, and no action cards, how will you plan your day game accordingly and will you attack others during the night if you've attracted no suspicion from anyone else, as town [for all]? As scum in the same circumstances?

Hapah: The situation is as follows , there are two people that are high on the hammer, and your vote is the one that seals their fate. The first suspect acted scummy all day yet claimed to have a protect-type card and an inspecting card after pressing. The second is being vague but of less scumminess than the first. How will you treat the situation as town? As scum?

Think0028: Let's say you've a vigilante type card, one-shot, day use and that you're tied with another person in scumminess-hammer. Will you use it at the earliest opportunity as town? What about if scum?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

ToylK: Can't you come up with an original question?
-snip-
Nevertheless, if you had an option to create a balanced card creature, would you use it in offense during the first night or for defensive purposes? And...what is cardfishing?
He stole my question, but I asked another one.
I'd probably use it for defense, since I wouldn't want to die to loss of life.
Cardfishing is a joke-slur on "rolefishing" and "card shark".

Also,
No it wasn't. Where did you see the answer to it?
I meant asked. I need to reread my posts a bit better, I guess...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 01:51:33 pm »

Urist: it is my business. Everything in this game is my business. I'm responsible if you make a stupid mistake. You don't win this game by yourself. Don't be a moron. Otherwise, you'd be simply playing Where's Waldo.

As for why I'll die, it's because I get killed often.

And if I missed something, it's because PFP

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2012, 01:59:15 pm »

I don't understand what you mean by this question, could you clarify?

Deathsword: I don't quite know you. What do you expect to learn from scumhunting today? Do you think it'll be a random lynch or something more helpful? How about the first night?
It'll probably end up being a random lynch, but I guess anything can happen. Aside from one or more people dying in the night I don't really know what to expect.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »

Double-post since I failed to notice Tiruin's question:

Deathsword: Let's say you're stocked full of creature cards, balanced in general, and no action cards, how will you plan your day game accordingly and will you attack others during the night if you've attracted no suspicion from anyone else, as town [for all]? As scum in the same circumstances?
As town, I'd probably attack whomever I think is the scummiest at night, while as scum I would go for the least scummy players instead.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2012, 02:06:16 pm »

((Apologies for lack of posting, week started early and busier than usual))

There are 3 extensions remaining.  4 votes for extension are required to extend the day for 48 hours.
Leaf: is that three total extensions for the entire game, or is it up to three extensions for D1?

Book:  What impact on scum hunting will creature attacking/defending have?
Don't really know, it's an entirely new mechanic for me. At a guess for scumhunting, I'd say it'll make claiming trickier later in the game. It ought to make the night game much less predictable too.

Hapah: If you had a card that gave a positive effect either to yourself or to a target, how would you choose between those options? How soon would you use it instead of other, more aggressive cards you might have?

Wuba: how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? if you think you are probably going to die tonight, what steps would you take to prevent it, or would you welcome it? How do you think the HP & monsters mechanic would help or hinder your N1 death?

Zrk2: if it was within your power to neutralise all cards held by a player, how would you choose your target?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:08 pm »

It'll probably end up being a random lynch, but I guess anything can happen. Aside from one or more people dying in the night I don't really know what to expect.
With the XP system, don't you think it's more likely for folks to just be damaged? How likely do you think it is that the mafia have an actual, unblockable kill?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »

Leaf: is that three total extensions for the entire game, or is it up to three extensions for D1?
The entire game.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:03 pm »

Darn, that means I won't be able to do my famous eternal-game-strategy...
Just kidding, of course.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28