Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52971 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/13]: A Shark on the Loose (no more signups)
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:36 am »

Hey guys, want a prediction? Either Think or Tolyk will need a replacement, either Zrk or Tolyk will get lynched D1 and at least one among Toaster and Hapah will survive until the end of the game.  :P
Do all three have to come true to get points?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 07:27:13 pm »

Hey guys, want a prediction? Either Think or Tolyk will need a replacement, either Zrk or Tolyk will get lynched D1 and at least one among Toaster and Hapah will survive until the end of the game.  :P

I hope that doesn't happen again.

And when did Org come back?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »

All the PMs are ready.  I will be sending them out now - please do not post here until I post the day opening text.  There are also some additional gamewide rules I will now inform you about.

1. Life
All players start the game with 10 life.  If a player's life hits 0 they die.  Lynching bypasses the life system and will kill a player outright.

2. Creatures
Creatures (used interchangably with "monsters") are cards that you can summon during the night.  After the card is used they will stay summoned under your control.  They will have the stats power/toughness, with the first indicating how much damage they will deal and the second how much damage they can receive before dying.

If a player dies all creatures summoned by that player are discarded.

3. Attacking and blocking
If you have creatures summoned you may send them to attack during the night.  Attacking with creatures does not use up your night action and you can attack with multiple creatures aimed at different targets.

If a defender has no blockers they will receive damage equal to the power of all creatures attacking them.  If they have blockers (attacking creatures are not able to block) then those blockers will take the damage instead.  The defending player can decide the order which his creatures will block in by PMing me at any time.  When a creature blocks it inflicts its power as damage on the attacker, and the attacker inflicts its power as damage on the defender.  If any creature's toughness hits zero it is destroyed, but if a creature is not destroyed outright its toughness returns to full after the night finishes.

4. Miscellaneous
Unless stated otherwise you may only use one action per night and one action per day.
Exiled and discarded cards are no longer going to be lists visible in the OP - instead revealed cards will be listed underneath the eliminated player's name.
If I say "graveyard" in any ability text that means the discard pile.
All town players have the following text in their role PM.
You are town.  You win when all anti-town players are dead.
An anti-town player is any player who cannot win with the town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

Day one has started.

The day is scheduled to end at 1:30am GMT time, on Friday the 14th of September.  I may not be able to provide a writeup immediately afterwards but the voting will stop at that point.

There are 10 players alive.  6 votes are required to hammer a player, 5 for no lynch.

There are 3 extensions remaining.  4 votes for extension are required to extend the day for 48 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »

Webadict:  If someone asked you what your favorite card game was, would you consider that rolefishing?

Book:  What impact on scum hunting will creature attacking/defending have?

Think:  What is your first slip going to be, scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:08 pm »

Toaster: Were you expecting there to be an HP system?

Think: Do you think scum get stronger cards than town? The same? Weaker?

Leaf: Do scum get a NK?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 11:07:38 pm »

Webadict:  If someone asked you what your favorite card game was, would you consider that rolefishing?
No. My favorite card game is Hand and Foot, a Canasta-based game. It reveals nothing related to my actual hand, even if I picked cards based on that game because maybe I didn't. This, in itself, is the WIFOM principle, which reveals nothing unless you think it does, in which case it reveals everything. Or maybe that's just what I want you to think.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:37 pm »

Toaster: My first scum slip would be answering this question, as I can't make a scum slip if I'm not scum.

Hapah: I think power isn't really much of a question here, as in high ability count games it's more of a question if the abilities handed out synchronize well with other scum or not, and whether they'll be negated by town abilities or not. As such, the power of a card for scum depends on the arrangement as much as the individual cards, and as such while I don't know if scum will get stronger cards, I'd say they'd get equal use out of the cards, ideally.

Web: You call?

Zrk2: Suppose you had a card that seemed to have an extremely useful ability as scum. Would you be concerned about a counter ability floating around? What would you do to try to find that if you thought it existed?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 06:41:31 am »

Leaf: Do scum get a NK?
I cannot comment on group abilities, other than to say that they may exist.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:33 am »

Wow, everyone's so talkative. No wonder you guys lurk all the time; it's because you guys are so lurky.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 08:03:55 am »

Think:
Toaster: My first scum slip would be answering this question, as I can't make a scum slip if I'm not scum.

So since you answered the question, you must be scum.  Thanks for admitting that- let's find the next one.

UI and Hapah:  If both of you were voting the other, and no one else was voting either of you- a third party having the most votes at four- would that make you reconsider your position on the other?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:25 am »

All players start the game with 10 life.  If a player's life hits 0 they die.  Lynching bypasses the life system and will kill a player outright.
Someone so stole my idea for BYOLOLC. :( Spoilspec please?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 08:55:17 am »

Think:

So since you answered the question, you must be scum.  Thanks for admitting that- let's find the next one.

UI and Hapah:  If both of you were voting the other, and no one else was voting either of you- a third party having the most votes at four- would that make you reconsider your position on the other?
WTF are these question? Are we still in "ask stupid question" meta?

That literally has nothing to do with this game right now. There's a myriad of variables that are unexplained in that question. Give them one that actually matters or can be said without a bunch of different points in the matter.

Like, how likely are you to vote a person if they already have a majority of the votes? See, that one asks your general question without factoring in that the sun's elevation is 22 degrees above the horizon and that fish is four.

All I want is a good question. There aren't going to be any trapdoors that mystically catch scum, unless, for some reason, you asked, "Are you scum?" and the person replied, "Yes." In that case, though, I'm gonna call shenanigans.

Also,

I am not scum.

In case any of you truth-testers be out there. Even if I'm probably going to die tonight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:13 am »

Someone so stole my idea for BYOLOLC. :( Spoilspec please?
I have literally never even looked at the thread for BYOLOLC.  I think I'll avoid spoilspec in order to allow replacements.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28