Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52916 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

-misplaced-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:46:45 am by Tiruin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Equally The Hermit could've saved his own life.  It was basically a guessing game with the scum (although it did mean the town had a chance in the last night - if Hapah had passed the Monopoly card to Toaster or Tiruin and the townies ganged up on TolyK with their creatures it would've got to 3p lylo).

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Well. That was a fun game, of course I was passing tells left and right, but that's me. :D
I was amazed that no-one suspected I was scum after D1 (as it usually is :D).
I was also kind-of amazed that nobody even tried to attack me.
And I was very amazed that nobody even questioned UI's munchkins.

Hapah, I didn't quite choose the cards for synergy, I chose them for cheating my way though. :)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I'm guessing the general idea was that my claim was too individually powerful to be fakeclaim or a scum role.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I outran Slivers! Moral Victory.

I didn't use Get Out Of Jail because I didn't believe it would save Toaster from the Wastes (which wasn't actually Wastes, but there you are).

And my case on Tolyk was alright, but I doubt I could have gotten both my townie allies to him, what with the neon "SCUM!!!11one" sign over Tir, lol.

Web: Sorry cap'n. :(

Was fun, everyone!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

And then you got lynched.

Man, that was funny.
Precisely why it was so terrible. I've never seen anyone make up so many things to lynch someone before.
Yeah, that was loads of fun. Sorry wuba, but if you think you can stroll into the thread and tell people "do what I tell you instead of what you want", you must account for people wondering if you have ulterior motives. I'm even more flabbergasted by the fact that Mr. "Coordination works" Toaster ended up being town too! What a bunch of morons, the three of us.

Well played by the scum, abysmally played by the town, so I'm not surprised the scum won. I'm sure I'll have more to say after reading all the details and scumchat...

But it was a fun game Leafsnail! I can't say I'm a fan of the hitpoint mechanics, but I see how it was sort of necessary once creatures were introduced. I'd play it again if you run another one. Thanks!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The scum played well, and it was fun to see Tiruin get confused because I roleblocked him and then died.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly wish the game had been longer, because then I would have been able to sacrifice my teammate for more power.

Is it really teamwork if it ends with a backstabbing?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Heh heh...
>.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

The scum played well, and it was fun to see Tiruin get confused because I roleblocked him and then died.
The roleblock that doomed us all, lol. Ah, well. Was fun!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It didn't doom all of us! :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I honestly wish the game had been longer, because then I would have been able to sacrifice my teammate for more power.
Yeah, that's why I wanted to run a 13 person game - there's only so much strategising you can do when there's probably only going to be 3 nights at most.

It seemed to be a perfect storm of confusion - the fact that you died at the same time as blocking meant the Jack of Diamonds did a weird boomerang thing which looked a bit like one of the cards you roleflipped with, and Tiruin misread his night report, and the Nemesis of Reason was immune to the Jack of Diamonds ability that would normally redirect the attack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seemed to be a perfect storm of confusion - the fact that you died at the same time as blocking meant the Jack of Diamonds did a weird boomerang thing which looked a bit like one of the cards you roleflipped with, and Tiruin misread his night report, and the Nemesis of Reason was immune to the Jack of Diamonds ability that would normally redirect the attack.
This is all your fault DS.  >:(

Now that you mention it, as promised [N2]:

Summon Jack of Diamonds 2

Other Jack of Diamonds, attack Deathsword!

You send Jack of Diamonds off to attack Deathsword, and attempt to summon another.  However, something blocks your attempt to summon and you find your second Jack of Diamonds is exiled!

Later you feel a terrible burning sensation, losing you 1 health.  You have 9 health remaining.

In addition, you find your second Jack of Diamonds returned to your hand.  That was quick!  Too bad it still isn't summoned yet.

Cards:
Jack of Diamonds: Creature with stats 5/5.  When attacking someone it will always target their creature with the highest combined attack and defence score, even if that creature is out attacking (if the player has no creatures it will instead attack the player).  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

Queen of Clubs: Use this ability during the night.  Choose one other player.  You will be told the name and ability of the card they used that night.  If they did not use any card you will be told so.  This card is discarded after use.

King of Hearts:  If you are lynched while holding the King of Hearts you will discard all of your cards instead of dying.

Summoned creatures:
Jack of Diamonds: Creature with stats 5/5.  When attacking someone it will always target their creature with the highest combined attack and defence score, even if that creature is out attacking (if the player has no creatures it will instead attack the player).  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.
My greatest shame.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:29:33 am by Tiruin »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

lol, it's all good. I bet you'll read every PM you get three times from now on, though. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lol, it's all good. I bet you'll read every PM you get three times from now on, though. :P
Time to be more careful, yep, learned that!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:45:10 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28