Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52924 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »

Morning post: If Tiruin's not scum, then I'm a card-shooting rocket-launching name-changing munchkin.
(That's hammering, correct?)

If he really does have a lynch-repulsion card, then FUCK.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2012, 11:27:02 pm »

You. Idiot.

Well, I was thinking that the deadchat is filled with how bad I screwed up, but yeah.

I don't have a lynch-repulsion card. DID YOU NOT READ ANYTHING I SAID?!

* Tiruin collapses from this headache.

So, I'm now useless.

Leafsnail or any knowledgeable mod out there: How does one code in a hammer vote? I've looked over D2 and...well, should it be like hammer Tiruin or something? (I am not shifting vote, just using this as an example.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »

As I wait in limbo, humor me, ToylK.

Why the hammer?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:54 am »

Hammer delivered.  No specific format is needed for a hammer vote.  I'll try and get the day ending post written as quickly as possible.

Leafsnail: Is it still possible to extend without using the last extension?
Nope.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: Blind dog's chance (night three)
« Reply #379 on: October 01, 2012, 06:52:16 am »

Final votecount:
Tiruin (3): Urist Imiknorris, TolyK, Toaster
Urist Imiknorris (1): Tiruin
Not voting (3): Hapah

After much deliberation you determine that Tiruin must be eliminated from the competition!  You are about to go and alert the organizer to his rigged shuffling, but before you can a mysterious figure approaches you.  You can't remember exactly what he said, but after he leaves you all feel quite sure that Tiruin's head looks better atop his shoulders, and thus you decide to break up without lynching anyone.

It is now night.  Please submit your night actions to me within the next 48 hours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even though he's on his last legs Toaster sends his Bernard Bronzefist to attack Tiruin.  It clashes with Tiruin's Jack of Diamonds, and after an intense fight manages to slay it.  Toaster manages to force a weak smile.
"You're defenceless now!  And this move will finish you off!" Toaster reaches into his sleeve and pulls out his final trick, Sleight of Mind.  But as he attempts to cast it strange black lines cover the card, and it seems to explode in his hands!  Toaster in his already critically weakened state cannot survive the explosion, and collapses to the floor.

"What the hell are you two doing??" says Hapah, "Can't you see that TolyK was the one who tricked you into receiving that Letterbomb?  He's been playing all of us for fools the whole time!"  Hapah sends The Fool to attack TolyK.  The attack connects, but TolyK remains standing.  A smirk spreads across his face.
"That's certainly true.  My entire role here was to spread confusion and support my friend."  TolyK tosses a just used Censorship card to the floor.  "But really, I'm not the one you should be worrying about right now."  As he says it, the door is blown off its hinges and his partner walks into the room.  His partner... and an enormous array of slivers.  Sliver Queen, Brood Sliver, Might Sliver and no fewer than four more deadly looking slivers.

Hapah quickly activates The Hermit and flees the building.  In the face of an army that large, he can only concede defeat.  He tries not to look back as the sliver horde devours Tiruin and Toaster, and with them the last hopes of stopping the syndicate.  The bad guys have won the tournament.

Tiruin has lost all his health.
Toaster has lost all his health.
Hapah has given up and fled due to being outnumbered by the mafia.

TolyK, having successfully eliminated all town players, concedes victory in the tournament to his partner and wins the game!
Urist Imiknorris, having successfully eliminated all town players, is the winner of the tournament and wins the game!

Mafia victory.  I'll reveal role pms and the setup (with comments on how it was supposed to work and how the game turned out) soon.  Feel free to reveal your own role and night actions - the thread is now open to comments from anyone.

One note I should add is that I made a mistake on one of Deathsword's cards.  It was meant to have a note about causing terror to enemy monsters which I left off, causing an apparent oddity to arise in night 3.  It probably wouldn't've affected the outcome but it was a bad oversight on my part.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I. Knew. It.

Well, on UI  :-\ Shouldn't have dropped suspicion on TolyK. After...all those tells.

All those tells.

Time to see how bad I played in the quickchats...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Your case was terrible though.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mafiachat is here.

http://quicktopic.com/48/H/95yrWdAit7Wt

Hapah actually had a very damning case against TolyK so I'm confused as to why that wasn't pressed harder (especially since TolyK's response was "Hey, maybe Toaster is scum as well!"... that would still make you scum, TolyK).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your case was terrible though.
And you left me with a similar one...

Then you left the game  :-\

Muh, good game scum. That chat is enlightening.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

The Town deserved that loss. Not even kidding. Because that was literally the worst Day 1 I've ever seen. Book made up a whole ton of things, and everyone believed him for no reason. And he was Town. That's what gets me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

And then you got lynched.

Man, that was funny.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...deadchat?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

And then you got lynched.

Man, that was funny.
Precisely why it was so terrible. I've never seen anyone make up so many things to lynch someone before.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The setup - overview
With this setup I wanted to try and give players more of a choice than normal with their actions, while not making their roles too powerful.  I was quite happy with the scumteam - they had a lot of discussion about what to do each night - but some players ended up receiving more no-brainery roles.  I still think it was a pretty good game overall though, with all players engaging and playing the game.

I also wanted to trial a new extension system (seemed to work reasonably - limited extensions helps stop them dragging the game on and bleeding away all activity) and provide an inherent reason in the setup for not massclaiming early (mainly from the "card shark" role).  So without further ado, the role pms.

Spoiler: Card Shark Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mafia roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

The Town deserved that loss. Not even kidding. Because that was literally the worst Day 1 I've ever seen. Book made up a whole ton of things, and everyone believed him for no reason. And he was Town. That's what gets me.
Furthermore, other than Hapah attacking TolyK night 3 (for three damage) not a single hostile action was performed against any mafia member.  And there were quite a lot of them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:41:35 am by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28