Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: centration  (Read 10804 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
centration
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:37:43 am »

so i was looking on steam green light and came across this, after looking at it and checking the game out it seems like a really good idea and is being made, basically from what i can tell its space station 13 but a lot better and more user friendly.

Main Website: http://www.centration.co/

Features:

Centration is at heart a survival sandbox game.

Players join dozens of others from all over the world to crew a space station in orbit of a far-flung solar system, on one of the most important missions of all time – to ensure the survival of the human race.

Sandbox Gameplay - The game is yours, gameplay will flow from you and the people you play with. One of the core aims of Centration is to provide a sandbox for you to create the situations and the gameplay for yourself; the opportunity for true role-play, or simple fun!
    Survive or Die - Survival is key. It’s one of the most important mechanics with Centration. You’ll be on board a space station, with equipment that could (and will) malfunction, with people that could turn on you any minute, with the harsh cold of space surrounding you, and so many other unknowns that you’ll have to learn for yourself… can you survive Centration?
    Multiplayer Round-Based - Centration is predominately multiplayer, played in rounds that could last from 5 minutes to 5 hours. You’ll be playing with dozens of other players from all over the world, and their motives may be slightly different from your own… Maybe they’re assigned to kill you? Maybe they’ll do it anyway. You never know… but one thing is for certain; you will need to watch your back.
    Diverse Combat - Brutal, visceral, and most of all… dangerous. Centration isn’t about fast-paced in-your-face combat, running and gunning. It’s not an FPS. It’s a battle for survival. Your weapon? Whatever you can reach before you come to an untimely end. What will you get? Are you lucky enough to be armed with a gun? Maybe a scalpel smuggled out of the med-lab? Or are you unlucky enough to have been rudely interrupted on the loo, forced to use your own shoe in defence of your life…
    Feature-packed Medical Systems - But of course, when everything goes pear-shaped during combat, there’s the diverse medical system , which can save (or curse…) you. You can be bruised, factured, broken, cut, strangled and poisoned. Internal bleeding, ruptured organs? Brain damage? The doctor will be your best friend… or worst enemy.
    Airflow – Centration includes a dynamic airflow simulation. The station has a limited supply of air, and the tools to recycle and process the Co2 back into O2. A single hull breach is all that stands between you and the vacuum of space. In the event of explosive decompression, you will find yourself (and everything that isn’t bolted down nearby) being sucked through the breach into the cold dark of space.
    Electricity – The space station uses generators to produce electricity and wires to transport it. Every bundle of wire leads to a necessary device, and every device consumes energy from the power grid. If something should go wrong, you will quickly find yourself in the dark with no life support. The power grid is dynamic, and thus, will require work and rerouting every time a section of the ship is cut off.
    SCIENCE! - Why are we even here? What are we doing? Why is everyone dying? Who cares!! You can do SCIENCE! Lock yourself away in a science lab while the station rips themselves apart, and discover all the secrets that await you, or team up with the crew to uncover new and cruel ways of inflicting pain and death.
    Fully interactive Environment - Where’s the fun if you can’t blow shit up? The entire station is interactive and destructible. You never wanted that corridor anyway. Might as well, you know, blow it up?

Join the crew in the Centration expedition, forge your destiny or perish like countless others before you. Coming in 2013.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: centration
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:52:54 am »

Money, meet screen. Screen, meet money. Money, screen, please give birth to game.

Seriously, this sounds damn awesome. Even if it's just SS13 minus BYOND's infamous lag, that's still definitely worth my time. It sounds like it's in first-person, so that'll make things a hell of a lot more tense when there's antags about since they'd be able to actually sneak around. Do want.

Plus, it sounds pretty moddable. THIS IS PLEASING TO ME.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:59:59 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:00:10 am »

He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:04:03 am »

All of my upvote. Hell yes.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:54 am »

Yes. Yes. YES. YES.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:52:11 am »

Looks like it'll be 3D to me.
Which isn't really a thing I think would work well with a game like SS13. Games that are First Person Shooters tend to make people want to shoot each other. And all that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:55 am »

Have they developed anything yet? All I can find is some concept conversation, a few static 3d renderings and concept art. I am confused at this point.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:23 am »

^ Not really! They haven't done much in forever, mostly seems to be just big talk. Don't know why they bothered to go on steam.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:56 am »

It sounds like an idea, but without a proper plan it'll fail to release. Normally when games try and get on Steam (and are usually accepted) they are either nearly complete or mostly complete with a working alpha to show. It doesn't have my vote until I see gameplay or at least a teaser trailer.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 11:51:59 am »

Man someone pinged me ages ago its been having a lol nothing here screen for the past year or so.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »

Technical gameplay overview. Or in other words, information by voice. It sounds pretty awesome!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »

Screen, have my money. Money, have my screen. BYOND, have my middle finger.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »

I will throw $1000 USD at any proper development of an SS13 inspired gameplay that is efficiently and modernly coded. That being said this does not appear to be that.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 02:36:00 pm »

Well it definitely sounds awesome, and way way way better than SS13. Buuuuut I'm not seeing any videos of actual gameplay which is usually what I look for. But I'm definitely keeping an eye on this. Also when I did the greenlight link steam said it wasn't there anymore?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 02:06:18 am »

Buuuuuuumping this.

There's gonna be a video out on or before the 23rd. Hell yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6