Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: this might get me banned...... Is it feasible for this thing to get to 1.0 and h  (Read 6161 times)

silversurfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I often work in various offices all over and ended up in one near a programmer today, he was swearing every 15 mins or so.  Totally brought out my potty mouth later.  that might explain this silly thought.

So for some silly ass reason I wondered how many lines of code does this game currently contain?  Just straight stuff not the mods or anything else pure bay12games code.  Then I wondered how many lines do they produce in an average day, and then if you could figure that out how long till release.  Just purely based on the data we have.

So I ask/ponder.  Is it feasible for this thing to get to 1.0 and how old will I be? 

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda sad the FAQ thread never got stickied.

The answer is mostly in this thread, OP question #8. Time spent to percent completed to theoretical finish, which I'm pretty sure is what you're trying to calculate.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I think your living in a fantasy. Many people wonder this, and the oft-cited number is 20 years from now. But this is missing the point. DF will never be finished. After 1.00, he will continue to work on it till the day he dies, at which point someone will lob his brain in a computer and continue the work. When you die, DFwill be able to d thousands of things we can't even dream of right now, and will probably simulate the quantem level (making the bugs extra-noticable). This is his lifes, work, and your job is to donate to him, praise him, heap bopiunties upon him, but mostly, it is to enjoy what you have now, and what you will have in the near future.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dwarfputer will eventually take over and the dwarves will go on and work on the gamecode on their own. :D
On thousands of quantum computers all over the world. ^^
Hopefully this won't turn the earth into a black hole.  :P

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, you're overly dramatic here. You have to go to really crazy lengths to be banned from this place.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile

when the toad will die , thousands of his slave monkeys will continue smashing the keyboards and filling the game code with poop .

this game shall not experience programmer mortis .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:48:47 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Also, you're overly dramatic here. You have to go to really crazy lengths to be banned from this place.

Not really. Making a bunch of sockpuppets and using them to argue with oneself has proved sufficient in the past.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Not really. Making a bunch of sockpuppets and using them to argue with oneself has proved sufficient in the past.
I'm not sure I understand. I always though there was one other foumite, and hes just a absoultely massive multiple personality disorder guy.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

That guy would have to be Toady, Threetoe, Necro910, Footkerchief, Meph, Deon, NW_Kohaku, me, etc. That would leave him -1,253 hours in a day or so to do things like eat, sleep, work, and so forth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I know about the Khazad thing, but who else has ever gotten banned here? Even the Bay12 noodle incident (which seems to pop up a lot these days :-\ ) didn't lead to a ban...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

I know about the Khazad thing, but who else has ever gotten banned here? Even the Bay12 noodle incident (which seems to pop up a lot these days :-\ ) didn't lead to a ban...

We have multiple noddle incidents. You are going to need to be specific here.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Toady clears the moderation log every now and then, so unless someone's saved the docs from the dawn of time till now, meh.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the feeling this thread was derailed before it began.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

We have multiple noddle incidents. You are going to need to be specific here.
Yeah, I can name off several of them that have occured in the 4+ years I've been here, some of which did lead to bans, or even multiple bans.

However I agree with Loud Whispers, there isn't much point in wondering this.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Well, the goblin girl/modding and gouging thing is one nooodle incident - what are the others?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: [1] 2