Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire on a big killing spree ?!  (Read 2215 times)

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire on a big killing spree ?!
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:00 am »

Hey guys i just rolled new character in Adv mode , talked to a blacksmith and asked him does he needs any service. He gave me a quest to kill vampire that have 12863 kills?! Is that common kill number for a vampire because i have never seen any npc that had so many kills .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
Re: Vampire on a big killing spree ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:50:21 am »

Normal.

Vampires sneak up on people while asleep and end up having long kill streaks.

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:08:11 am »

Okay thanks , just went to the town where that vampire is and as soon as i entered i saw lots of messages about fighting . Whole town is under invasion from "Fallen"  ( i am playing Deon's new Genesis ) , they are everywhere , entering houses , stores and killing everything in sight kids , animals , everything (except me i don't know why) . All streets and houses are full of mutilated bodies and body parts, Guards are trying but they are overwhelmed by Fallen . ITS TOTAL CHAOS ! I LIKE IT!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:13:57 am by _forgotten »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:27 am »

Your adventurer probably is from a civilization which is not at war with the undead civ even though it should be, that's a weirdness in DF which happens in adv mode (I mean dwarven adventurers are neutral to goblins, wth). The town you are in however is.

12k is still a lot for vampire. I usually see vampires with 600-2000 kills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

If you're playing in a world with 2000+ years of history, then it's possible for vampires to rack up kill lists like that

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:54:44 pm »

World is only 429 years old , i just looked at his history in legends and he killed around 11k people in same town !

DrTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_RATIONAL_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

World is only 429 years old , i just looked at his history in legends and he killed around 11k people in same town !

The adventurer has arrived at the town, except it's not really a town anymore...
"I'm just so FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
*throws chair across the room*

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:51 pm »

Vampires kill everyone they eat, I think 7000 was the highest I've ever seen but 12000 while unusually high doesn't mean he'll be any harder to kill.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »

I fought a vampire who only killed four thousand in a 253 year old world who could punch me 5 times before I could even try and hit him... Let alone get a shot in, he PARRIED every shot with his HANDS or dodged it. I'm 100% certain at least 100 of those kills in my 4000 are people trying to hunt him down, making him a god
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

I fought a vampire who only killed four thousand in a 253 year old world who could punch me 5 times before I could even try and hit him... Let alone get a shot in, he PARRIED every shot with his HANDS or dodged it. I'm 100% certain at least 100 of those kills in my 4000 are people trying to hunt him down, making him a god
The trick to being hero is being willing to let dozens of innocent people to protect yourself. After you call them out immediately lead them to a densely populated area. I hypothesize that vampires will hesitate briefly before murdering a child so I like to hide behind them like shields while throwing small rocks and live bugs at the vampire.

Rtyh-C

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughtering elves in low Earth orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:07 am »

Vampires kill everyone they eat [...]

Are you sure? I always thought that it also depended on the size of the target and that if you were big enough you could survive, albeit with major blood loss. I might be wrong though. Can anyone confirm? I mean, for humans it's pretty logical but if you modded in a 1000 ton creature, I have doubts that a vampire could suck all its blood...
By that logic, you shouldn't be able to play dwarves because they don't show thinking ability.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:37 am »

Vampires kill everyone they eat [...]

Are you sure? I always thought that it also depended on the size of the target and that if you were big enough you could survive, albeit with major blood loss. I might be wrong though. Can anyone confirm? I mean, for humans it's pretty logical but if you modded in a 1000 ton creature, I have doubts that a vampire could suck all its blood...
I mean in legends, creatures can survive.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:36 pm »

Vampires have doubled physical skills.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 01:00:52 pm »

Vampires have doubled physical skills.

Vampires don't get as powerful as their kill count implies because most, if not all, of their kills are through feeding. Meaning they don't train combat skills relative to how many kills they have. If they DO get combat skills, though... well good luck.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:04:06 pm by Fen »
This space for rent

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:50 pm »

accidental derp post.
This space for rent