Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hounds of War: Eclipse Phase Campaign  (Read 5266 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hounds of War: Eclipse Phase Campaign
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:01:10 am »

Hounds of War: Eclipse Phase Campaign
Backstory
Many habitats exist, some are held by giant corporations and tycoons bent on using the population of those place as workers, guinea pigs, and whatever else they please. Others are ruled by the Jovian Republic, who see robots, AIs, and all advanced forms of technology that contain some form of knowledge as threats to trans-humanity, and that they must be watched over so mankind can not come to harm. Of course there are other places where life isn't lived inside the confined walls of a station, some semblance of mankind still live on the surfaces of Luna, and Mars looking out at the devastated corpse of Earth, its surface bleak and deserted of all life. A place that reminds mankind of its failure yet is still ignored.

July Ninth, one of three habitats owned by the leader of the Hypercorp, True Steel Star, Dan Smiths, it has a population of approximately 30,000 trans-humans, and is a focal point of trade in this region of space. Due to recent events on the station Dan Smiths has began hiring mercenaries to keep order in the city and ensure the safety of his company, you six are new hires, chosen for you history and skills he thought you would bring. Of course each of you may have your own agendas, and other factors for your coming to July Ninth, but to earn your keep you must carry out the orders of your Contractor, and carry out whatever goals you may have of your own.

--------------------------------------------------

Eclipse Phase is a post-apocalyptic horror RPG based around humanity after an event called the Fall, now known as Trans-humanity for their advancements in technology have freed them from mortality, and brought about changes far beyond what we could have expected. It's entirely free, and the game designer himself posted free downloads to all the PDFs in his blog, we'll be using the core rulebook and most likely all of the supplements though for now Panopticon is the only one we'll be using for sure. I am taking six players, though if there is enough interest I may bump the player limit to eight. For now it'll most likely be hosted over the internet on maptools, but if players want we'll do it as play by post, the PbP method will be far slower then maptools sessions of course, and the days we'll have session are undecided though they will most likely happen somewhere from Friday to Sunday according to people's timezones.

The focus of the campaign is to create a mysterious conspiracy theory revolving around that single habitat and your lives on it, you'll find clues that will lead to more clues, and will search for a truth behind the veil of lies a conspiracy theory entails. You'll face everything from an unknown organization to everyday gangs in your search to find the truth, or whatever goal you choose to seek in its place. The question is can your character retain his sanity and achieve his goals or will you go insane, or die in the process?

You six will be mercenaries, as stated in backstory, and will be working from within the Habitat itself, though you may sometimes venture out of it through the story most of the campaign, or at-least this first arc, will take part within it. The players will have a base which will start off with very little in it, and can be upgraded via Merc Funds gained from missions or via your own personal funds if you wish to use them. Throughout the game you will be able to add on and expand the base, buying vehicles, robots, building machines, workshops, etc., it will also be where most non-session stuff happens. Your NPC allies will stay here, your Non-session actions will usually occur here, and so on and so forth. If your interested you can pick up the core rulebook and give it a look through and if there is anything you don't understand you can ask me and we can try to figure things out, keep in mind I'm new to this system as well :P

Campaign Info

This will be filled with things like session summary links, base information, current mission, etc. as we go along.

Spoiler: Character Sheet Format (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Disallowed Options (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
  • Possible Reserve
  • Crabnumber
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Possible Reserve
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:02:31 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hounds of War: Eclipse Phase Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:42:28 am »

Bump to gain interest.

Also reserving for base info, homebrew rules, and bits of lore made by me since the logs, mission details, and such will take up the remainder of the above post.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 04:06:36 am »

Is this going to be based on forum, IRC or somewhere else?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:34 am »

Is this going to be based on forum, IRC or somewhere else?
Maptools/IRC is what I'd prefer, but if most players wanted I could do it play by post (in the thread) though it'd be a lot slower.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 05:16:39 am »

Which time are you aiming for?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:27:19 am »

Which time are you aiming for?
Anywhere from 5 PM to 10 PM on Fridays, from 5PM to 10PM on Saturdays, or from 10AM to 7PM on Sundays, any of the times would do as I'm relatively free over the weekends so we can mess with the schedule time quite a bit if need be. (All of these times are of EST in the US) Trying to leave the schedule open so we can get as many players as possible without leaving anyone out that wants to play.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 06:03:15 am »

Damn, I completely miss out on all of this except early Sunday. :( Well, looks like I'm out.

Crabnumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 08:23:09 am »

I'd be interested in joining the campaign. Always been interested in this system.

I'd be free on the Friday and Saturday times listed, however, I will be busy on the Sunday. I'll start having a look at the book now.

Crabnumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 12:33:16 am »

Double post, whoops.

I've PMed the char sheet to you. Please PM me back with any issues (theres likely going to be some) with it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 03:02:12 pm »

Double post, whoops.

I've PMed the char sheet to you. Please PM me back with any issues (theres likely going to be some) with it.
I haven't noticed any mistakes so far, I'll need to check over it again this weekend to make sure, so you are in :)

Crabnumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:55 am »

Looking a bit dead, so i'm guessing its off?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:26 am »

Is this off? If it isn't, I can think of a few people who would be interested in joining.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 03:30:31 pm »

Looking a bit dead, so i'm guessing its off?
It's not off, just had a bit of real life things get in the way of posting anything of worth over the weekend alongside trying to do a turn for my other forum game.

Is this off? If it isn't, I can think of a few people who would be interested in joining.
Oh wonderful, that would help get players quite certainly, might just want to be aware I am a noob at GMing these types of game, and I'm pretty new to the system myself.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:54 am »

Necro'd, but is there anyway this could still be run, seems like there is interest in the system over here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121619.0
and after skimming through the rules, I'm really interesting in playing a game - but I'm terribad at GM'ing

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:23:53 am »

Sounds like a interesting premise. I'll have to look over it later more in depth though.
Pages: [1] 2