Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take over the world(Turn 9: Stop rolling so well!)  (Read 10320 times)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 0)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:14 am »

Hope it isn't too late to join.

Name: Grey Mann
Species: Human
Archetype: Mad Scientist
History: He was the third child of Zepheniah Mann and could speak at birth. He was to be smothered but a mother eagle saved him and raised him as one of their own. When he was strong enough he killed the eagle family and ate them before becoming largely successful. He later killed his two brothers and then tried to destroy Mann Co. using mechanical robots, however it failed after many attempts. He is still plotting to destroy Mann Co., however he is now doing that by taking away its customers.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 0)
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:44 am »

Norman tests out his power by trying to summon an EEEEVIL animal companion to help him!
[6]Well, I've got good news, and I've got bad news. Good news: Horny is very evil, very animal, and probably a good companion. Bad news: He just ate five of your other minions. And seems to be looking for more.
Horned Devil summoned!

As Thanatos awakens from his long slumber, his heart finds itself in a single room mausoleum, deep underground. This won't do. He orders the newly created imps just created to mine out four rooms adjacent to the main room.  As they mine, he has them look for a crystal formation that may be used as a spawning pool. If there are none to be found, he will attempt to create one in one of the dug out rooms.
[5]The imps are more than happy to get to work, tunneling through stone almost faster than the eye can follow until one suddenly breaks through into a room containing some perfect crystals for the job. Looks like they've probably been feeding on Thanatos's energy for ages, already glowing ominously as they are uncovered.
Spawning room created!

Dr. Dark gets to work setting up a chemistry lab in his house, and starts to produce mass quantities of the slave serum he used before he was arrested.
[5]SCIENCE! It takes no time at all for a genius of your caliber to get set up, and you quickly have the entire process automated. Though admittedly 'mass quantities' are going to take a bit more space than you have available.
Chemistry lab built: Creates two doses of mind control serum each turn.

Uh, sort the scrap metal. We're going to build a robotic, human-sized, humanoid minion, and he shall be my second-in-command, so look for parts suited to that job. If there's not enough parts for that try to gather parts for a bunch of workerbots.
[6]Why settle for one or the other? In no time at all you've got both a humanoid robot AND a set of a dozen worker robots built! ...There's just one slight problem: You kinda tore up a few generators for scrap on accident, and now you don't have any way to start them.
Inactive Robot Commander and Workerbots created!

Nixin decides to go loot the most unprotected village, to see what the troops can really do.  Plus, loot is always good.
[6]PILLAGE! BURN! PLUNDER! LOOT FIT FOR A KING! The village hardly even puts up a fight, practically surrendering the moment your troops turn up. Which, probably means this wasn't much of a combat demonstration. And what are you gonna do with this many hostages, you're not going to be able to move at a reasonable pace hauling them all along...
Almost a hundred hostages and their stuff looted!

Fireiy, BFEL, markressler: Afraid I only wanted 5 players, but I'll add you to the waiting list! (Someone is sure to go splat before too long. :P)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 1: EPIC SUCCESS)
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:41 am »

Ugh. THIS again!? I'll just have to use whatever power I have to reverse our personal time and calm him down enough to get him to work for me. I can't believe it happened AGAIN...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:09 am »

Content with the new spawning room, Thanatos orders three of his minions to start making a large tunnel rounding and connecting the four rooms, having them search for treasure along the way. Meanwhile he makes his other two minions fill in two of the empty rooms with a sleeping chamber and a chicken farm for his future soldiers.

Spoiler: Thanatos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:39:27 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:06:07 am »

ah well in case of splatting, would you be so kind as to PM me? Will prob follow the thread, but in case I get caught up in other things y'know?

EDITSOASNOTTOTAKEUPMORESPACEONYOURTHREAD: Oh and sorry for trying to make a character after your original 5, did not realize until later that you had slots set up and such :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:14:38 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 11:07:33 am »

ah well in case of splatting, would you be so kind as to PM me? Will prob follow the thread, but in case I get caught up in other things y'know?
Sure, no problem.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

It is time for... ze lightning rod! Devise an ingenious device to capture the very lightning and put it to work animating the workerbots. The Commander, not yet. He needs some more work.

Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 06:30:36 pm »

Dr. Dark

Put out signs stating I need 2 people a day for medical testing, offering to pay $50 for one hour.  Give the serum to the two that show up,and pay them $50, once enslaved, command them to sell all their possessions and give me all the money they get from them.

Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »

Eh I can wait.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:00 am »

Off with their heads!  Execute all the hostages, all my men should orderly chop heads.  Like a bloody assembly line. 

It should harden my men to the reality of killing.

Nixin the Breaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 01:58:44 pm »

Ugh. THIS again!? I'll just have to use whatever power I have to reverse our personal time and calm him down enough to get him to work for me. I can't believe it happened AGAIN...
[2]Seems time manipulation is a bit beyond you. He'll probably follow orders, but... Whoops, there goes another minion. Geez, does he ever get full!?

Content with the new spawning room, Thanatos orders three of his minions to start making a large tunnel rounding and connecting the four rooms, having them search for treasure along the way. Meanwhile he makes his other two minions fill in two of the empty rooms with a sleeping chamber and a chicken farm for his future soldiers.
[4]The imps finish the tunnel quickly enough, though unfortunately they find rather little gold in the process. The rest of them do manage to complete the requested rooms, but run into a slightly problem: Acquiring chickens. They aren't exactly running wild underground.

It is time for... ze lightning rod! Devise an ingenious device to capture the very lightning and put it to work animating the workerbots. The Commander, not yet. He needs some more work.
[4]Ah, lightning. The ultimate power supply for the mad scientist on a budget! In no time at all you have the machine up and running, wired to all twelve workerbots. Now all you need is a storm... [2] Too bad the skies are entirely clear today.
Lightning rod constructed!

Put out signs stating I need 2 people a day for medical testing, offering to pay $50 for one hour.  Give the serum to the two that show up,and pay them $50, once enslaved, command them to sell all their possessions and give me all the money they get from them.
[3]On the one hand, you now have two brainwashed minions. On the other, they're a pair of bums who wanted to make a quick buck, so they didn't have anything to sell. Ah well, expecting anyone well-off to agree was probably asking a bit much.
Bums acquired!

Off with their heads!  Execute all the hostages, all my men should orderly chop heads.  Like a bloody assembly line. 
[4]Welp, so much for having hostages. A few make a break for it, but don't get very far before being cut down as well. A dozen or so of them DO try and offer their services in your army in exchange for not being killed though?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 2: Bums aquired)
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »

Clearly it is time to CONSTRUCT A WEATHER MACHINE! And set it on lightning storm.
And if it needs power supply itself, hook it up to a bicycle or hamster wheel or whatever and manually power it up. If there's a storm, eventually, it will power the weather machine, which will generate more storms. Genius! Or perhaps put workerbots in the hamster wheel?
All of these questions have to wait until I have constructed ze weather machine!

Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »

Dress my slave bums in suits, and repost the flyer in a nicer part of town, listing a minimum net worth of $50,000 as a requirement.  Teach one of my current slaves to handle administering the serum to new subjects, while the other is in charge of liquidating their assets.

Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:20 pm »

Ok, this is getting out of hand.

I CALL UPON THE DARK POWERS INVESTED IN ME TO CALM THE MIGHTY BEAT PISSING ME THE HELL OFF. HE WILL SERVE ME FOR ETERNITY FOR HIS SINS.

Amen.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 03:09:49 am »

They are cowards, and not fit for my army.  Kill them. 

Nixin the Breaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8