Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take over the world(Turn 9: Stop rolling so well!)  (Read 10323 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Roll to take over the world(Turn 9: Stop rolling so well!)
« on: September 01, 2012, 12:43:00 am »

Saving the world? Adventuring parties? SANITY?! All for chumps! No, the real heroes of this story are those geniuses, powerhouses, and all around monsters that want to see it all bow before them. The only question is, which one will actually succeed first? Or, ya know, win by default when there's no one else left. Either way!

So yeah, RTD with a slightly different bent than most. No working together, (probably) no saving people, no heroic quests. Just a group of evil masterminds, their minions, and their plots for world domination. And just to make things a bit more confusing, the world is... Well, an Anachronism Stew. For the most part things are your usual medieval fantasy. But some villains have uncovered technology far beyond their time, dug up monsters man was not meant to see, and all kinds of other stuff!

Character sheet: (Keep track of this and your stuff in your own posts! I was clearly insane trying to do it all myself in Elemental RTD...)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Archetypes: (Feel free to suggest any major ones I've missed.)

Waiting list:
Fireiy, BFEL, markressler, Jacen, Mr. Fancypants
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:29:35 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(0/5 slots filled)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

Name: Thanatos
Species: Huge Heart
Archetype: Dungeon Keeper
History: It has been thousands of years since the heart of the one known as Thanatos was extracted and sealed in a stone mausoleum far beneath the earth. His heart rested in its rocky coffin, waiting for a chance to beat again. One day fortune should shine upon the remains, as a ray of light shone onto the grave. If it was a party of explorers, archeologists or miners, he does not know, nor does he care, as the moment that they cracked the round top of his seal, the heart began to beat once again and immediately converted the nosy commoners into his personal worker imps. Thus began once again the uprising of the one known as Thanatos.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:04:11 am »

Reserving! I'll post my sheet in the morning.

Name: Norman
Species: Hell-Spawn
Archetype: Demon Lord
History: ...Self Explanatory.
Extra: On earth, takes a human form, as a young man in a business suit and a morphing breifcase.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:11:51 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:42:29 am »

Name: Trianna Karlovac
Species: Human (mostly)
Age: This is something you never ask a woman, but presumably in her twenties (mad science might have helped with this).
Archetype: Mad Scientist
Bio: Trianna is one that has more stumbled into the role of a world-conqueror than willingly taken it. She lived a quiet life, had a somewhat successful university career and enjoyed coffee - until the day her face was put on a wanted poster due to a mixup, forcing her into playing the role assigned to her, the role of the mad scientist. The fact that she actually had experimented with morally dubious, experimential methods of cyborgification, even on herself, helps her case here, but she still needs to learn not to knock before taking a castle, not to ask attacking heroes for an autograph and not to apologize for evilly cackling too loudly.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:25:20 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:54:54 am »

Name: Nixin the Breaker
Species: Human
Archetype: Warlord
History: As a young man, Nixin always hungered for power, wealth, status, among other things.  He saw good, talented men and women ( including his own father ) get shot down from on high by the intrigues and manipulations of subtle and shadowy characters.  This led him to have a hatred of complex politics and manipulation.  For him, all that matters is metal, fire and blood. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:59:33 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 04:18:26 am »

Name: Dr. Dark
Species: Human
Archetype: Mad Scientist
History: Grew up with high aspirations, a genius ahead of his time.  At the university he double majored and got 2 Ph.D's, one in Chemistry, and one in mechanical Engineering.  He worked at the University for a long while, until they discovered his horrendous experiments in his lab below the school, turning his failed students into monstrous slaves, equipped with all sorts of experimental machinery.  Not only was he cast out from the school, but he was sentenced to 10 years of jail time, plenty of time to plan a means to take over the world.  Today... well today is the day he gets released.

(Does this history work? if not I can change it or parts of it)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:29:38 am by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 0)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »

Wow, that filled up quick.  :o On to the game!

The dungeon of the being known as Thanatos was... Unimpressive, to put it kindly. A jagged scar in the earth, with a few Imps living inside it, and nothing more. Fortunate for him that Imps dig exceptionally fast!
Spoiler: Thanatos (click to show/hide)

On the downside, just getting out of prison means you're currently rather low on funds. Not to mention minions. Ah well, your plans are ten years in the making, and you're almost certain you've perfected a few of your designs...
Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)

Your warband is small for now, really just a glorified band of mercenaries. But hey, that's more than most can claim to lead, and they're well-armed! Should be enough to ransack a few nearby villages, recruit some more troops before any real threats find you...
Spoiler: Nixin the Breaker (click to show/hide)

Well, your lair isn't the most impressive. Frankly it would be more accurate to call it a really nicely cleaned up ruin. But hey, gotta start somewhere when you're on the run from the law. And you DID manage to get plenty of raw materials to bring with you.
Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)

The demon lord Norman (Yes, yes the other demon lords DO mock him for that) has only recently arrived on this plane, his palace called up from the pits of hell by a mortal cult. Still, no need to waste time, and a few living sacrifices later your army is starting to shape up nicely.
Spoiler: Norman (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

Norman tests out his power by trying to summon an EEEEVIL animal companion to help him!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »

Can I play?
If so:

Name:Squicky
Species:Absorption Blob
Archetype:Superblob
History:One of Dr. Darks first creations, Squicky was the pet he always wanted, a blob of flesh that could  absorb nutrients directly. However, over time Squicky was forgotten amongst the endless hordes of !SCIENCE! that were pumped out of his lab. After being impounded during the seizure of Dr. Darks lab by the constabulary, Squicky quickly escaped, nomming the guards and gaining their forms. He has waited in a cave outside the city, nomming on things to gain their powers, waiting for the day he could finally have....CUDDLES

Also feel free to change certain things, like it doesnt HAVE to be Dr. Darks, since hes a player and it doesnt HAVE to have had a 10 year head start on everyone, just wanted to establish its nommy powers
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:10:46 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:13 pm »

As Thanatos awakens from his long slumber, his heart finds itself in a single room mausoleum, deep underground. This won't do. He orders the newly created imps just created to mine out four rooms adjacent to the main room.  As they mine, he has them look for a crystal formation that may be used as a spawning pool. If there are none to be found, he will attempt to create one in one of the dug out rooms.

Spoiler: Thanatos (click to show/hide)
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
  • WHAT IS THIS, WHAT I AM DOI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »

Spoiler: Happy Flowers (click to show/hide)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

-Dr. Dark-

Dr. Dark gets to work setting up a chemistry lab in his house, and starts to produce mass quantities of the slave serum he used before he was arrested.

Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:47:47 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »

Nixin decides to go loot the most unprotected village, to see what the troops can really do.  Plus, loot is always good.

Nixin the Breaker
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Squicky would like his first action to be nomming/absorbing a bird...Squicky want to fly :)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 03:22:35 am »

Uh, sort the scrap metal. We're going to build a robotic, human-sized, humanoid minion, and he shall be my second-in-command, so look for parts suited to that job. If there's not enough parts for that try to gather parts for a bunch of workerbots.

Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8