Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take over the world(Turn 9: Stop rolling so well!)  (Read 10299 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn4: Hitting things! It actually works!)
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:09 pm »

Send out 3 men to spread the word.  I am looking for battle tested warriors to join my growing army.  Spread the word.

Nixin the Breaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn4: Hitting things! It actually works!)
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 08:05:50 am »

Improve on the commander's design while he's powered down! Make him: Sarcastic, book dumb, ingenious, lewd, lacking common sense and absolutely loyal. Also, dress him up, for he needs to look human. And get me groceries. And generators.
Once the workerdrones are fully powered, they are to clean up the lab and bring me anything interesting they find.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 5: Breaking the scale)
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »

Improve on the commander's design while he's powered down! Make him: Sarcastic, book dumb, ingenious, lewd, lacking common sense and absolutely loyal. Also, dress him up, for he needs to look human. And get me groceries. And generators.
Once the workerdrones are fully powered, they are to clean up the lab and bring me anything interesting they find.
[4]You think your modifications to the commander have mostly gone well. His coding SHOULD create the perfect henchman for your army, though its hard to test new AIs without actually turning them on. The workerdrones are fully powered before too long, and should be back with the results of their cleaning sometime next turn.

Send out 3 men to spread the word.  I am looking for battle tested warriors to join my growing army.  Spread the word.
[3]You send out a few men to spread the word! They don't come back! ...Well, either they just deserted, or battle tested warriors are harder to find than you thought. Maybe they need some more time?

go out and flag down some members of the local police force, and inject my serum into them, enslaving them and forcing them to destroy any files the local police have on me / keep me safe from the law.
[4]Ha! You got one! Your new slave is rather quick to inform you that he doesn't HAVE that kind of clearance though, and it would probably raise even more suspicion for him to try such a thing. He is able to throw them off your track though, offering to lead the investigation on a few wild goose chases.

While the imps' efficiency is still lacking, Thanatos is more distracted by his first actual minion, and a good one at that. He orders the imps to finish the three empty rooms and fill one of them in with a jail. The necromancer shall train his arts by spending some time in reading books. If the library has already generated enough mana, Thanatos shall use it to create some chickens to get the chicken farm going.
[7]The imps quickly have the last rooms finished up, a simple jail set up in the fourth as the Necromancer gets to work studying in... his... OH GOD SO MANY CHICKENS! CHICKENS EVERYWHERE! Something went VERY VERY WRONG with the summoning spell, interacting with an ancient spell the necromancer was studying to create somewhere on the order of five hundred chickens. Your imps are kinda being crushed by the flood of poultry.
CHICKENS

Trick some villagers into coming back to my lair and stepping into the smelling range of Horny.
[4]Om nom nom. Its no trouble at all tricking a few farmers into range, at which point they barely have time to scream before getting cut down by the Horned Demon's scythe. He actually seems satisfied for now, hunger and bloodlust sated!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

Cool. Norman takes his Horny-Worny on a walk through town. Maybe he'll pick up a few spell books at the market on his way through.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 01:20:42 am »

((7? How did I even? Also, OH GOD THE CHICKENS))

That was ... huh. Maybe that wasn't such a smart idea after all. It matters not, however, as there are more than enough chickens for the farm. Thanatos orders his minions, including the necromancer and the skeletons, to start the chicken farm and stuff the rest of the chickens into one of the empty rooms and use it as a storage chamber.

Spoiler: Thanatos (click to show/hide)
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 02:43:01 am »

Ok. Well. We're done with the immediate problems. Let's just construct a bunch of scoutbots, then turn on the commander. His orders to get me groceries are still active.

Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:34 am »

Hmph.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.  In any case, I still have a couple of warriors. 

Find a caravan, or any traveling merchants.

Nixin the Breaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

While I let my slaves work on recruiting more slaves, I begin with on inventing a hand held death ray

(posted from phone)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 03:59:15 pm »

I'll join up, why not.

Name: Xavier X. Xiang
Species: Mutant Human
Archetype: Superhuman, because it hasn't been done
History: Xavier was a half-American, half-Japanese kid living in the Bronx, who know he would be special because of his alliterative name. A couple years ago, he discovered he could transform himself into pretty much anything. Calling himself Omni, he tried to conquer the world because when he mentioned his power to a friend, his friend dared him to do it. By the time he was stopped, he had managed to conquer a good part of Canada and New England, partly with soldiers he got to follow him and partly acting as an army himself. He got shunted to this place after being caught, and discovered that he still wants to conquer the world.

Add me in once you get a chance, please. Maybe consider increasing the villaincount to 10ish, to help those who want to join. Would it be that much harder for you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

Archetype: Superhuman, because it hasn't been done

I'm first in reserve and am Superhuman
Markressler is after me...hes Superhuman

Its less used then Mad Scientist at least? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »

Could you modify my character sheet to Dark Wizard?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 06:14:17 pm »

Could you modify my character sheet to Dark Wizard?

now THAT hasn't been done yet, neither has Hivemind come to think of it....also you can prob just change your sheet when you actually get in the game

Indeed, I do this.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46:46 pm »

Find a caravan, or any traveling merchants.
[4]Merchants! Poorly guarded ones too by the look of it, and the mere sight of your warriors has them surrendering. On the downside, their caravan looks to be mostly full of silk and other luxuries, nothing of too much use to your men without a trip to a market. Still, loot!

Ok. Well. We're done with the immediate problems. Let's just construct a bunch of scoutbots, then turn on the commander. His orders to get me groceries are still active.
[6] You got a bit too absorbed in your construction, coming down with a bad case of 'just one more feature!' syndrome. So, in the end, you do not have a number of scoutbots. You have one scoutbot with a full sensor suite, a cloaking field, and a few emergency weapons.
[3] The commander, quickly powered up by the ongoing storm, heads out to get groceries. By the time he returns with food, the lab has been cleaned up nicely by the workers, and the mostly-functional kitchen is soon stocked.

Cool. Norman takes his Horny-Worny on a walk through town. Maybe he'll pick up a few spell books at the market on his way through.
[5]Town? What town? Oh, you mean the burning pile of rubble you just finished walking through? Well in any case, there is no longer a town nearby, and the horned devil even managed to keep from destroying a few of the more interesting looking books.

While I let my slaves work on recruiting more slaves, I begin with on inventing a hand held death ray
[6]A couple more slaves have been brainwashed, as your plans or a death ray are quickly completed. Pocket-sized, but with enough firepower to punch through a tank! Just one problem: The materials are going to cost a few million bucks, at least. You're nowhere near that, even with your growing horde of minions.

((7? How did I even? Also, OH GOD THE CHICKENS))

That was ... huh. Maybe that wasn't such a smart idea after all. It matters not, however, as there are more than enough chickens for the farm. Thanatos orders his minions, including the necromancer and the skeletons, to start the chicken farm and stuff the rest of the chickens into one of the empty rooms and use it as a storage chamber.
((Your +1 applied to that, and you got a 6. I probably should have mentioned I wasn't actually showing all the modifiers...))
[4]It takes quite a bit of work, but eventually they manage to shove the tide of chickens into one of the spare rooms. They had to barricade the doors to keep them from escaping, but at least your dungeon (apart from the chicken farm) is now free of poultry!

Jacen: Yeah, no problem. Just repost the new version when you get in.
GreatWyrmGold: I'm sticking with 5 for now, already got a good deal of other stuff I'm working on. I might boost the number later, but not making any promises.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 6: Town? What town?)
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 12:57:29 pm »

...Cool.

Pick up the spell books that are left over and head home, where I shall work on summoning a demon chicken. One that WON'T attack me or my minions.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 6: Town? What town?)
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 01:34:53 pm »

What is this becoming? ROLL TO KFC?
At this rate squicky will be nomsorbing large quantities of fowl AND NOTHING ELSE :P

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8