Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take over the world(Turn 9: Stop rolling so well!)  (Read 10292 times)

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 1: EPIC SUCCESS)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

Even in his unending wisdom Thanatos did not consider the fact that chickens don't grow on underground crystal-trees. Or do they? Nonetheless, Thanatos orders four of the imps to fan out and continue the search for treasure underground, while the last one shall build a library in the last remaining empty room in order to start the process of accumulating mana to fuel the heart's spells. He also checks if the spawning pool has managed to lure any creatures into his domain yet.

Spoiler: Thanatos (click to show/hide)
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 2: Bums aquired)
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »

Gah, sorry for the unannounced absence. Back now, I'll have the next turn post up sometime today!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 03:33:47 pm »

Name: Jay Cin
Species: RTD traveling extraordinare! (Human)
Archetype: MAD SCIENCE!
History: A mad scientest who travels between space and time, and has been stranded here. FOR SCIENCE!

As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »

Hey, could you please put me on the waiting list, this looks quite interesting.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

Even in his unending wisdom Thanatos did not consider the fact that chickens don't grow on underground crystal-trees. Or do they? Nonetheless, Thanatos orders four of the imps to fan out and continue the search for treasure underground, while the last one shall build a library in the last remaining empty room in order to start the process of accumulating mana to fuel the heart's spells. He also checks if the spawning pool has managed to lure any creatures into his domain yet.
[2]No treasure, no monsters... Eh, at least the imps set up a few empty bookshelves, but frankly you have to suspect they dug into a pocket of hallucinogenic gas or something with how slowly they're suddenly working.

Clearly it is time to CONSTRUCT A WEATHER MACHINE! And set it on lightning storm.
And if it needs power supply itself, hook it up to a bicycle or hamster wheel or whatever and manually power it up. If there's a storm, eventually, it will power the weather machine, which will generate more storms. Genius! Or perhaps put workerbots in the hamster wheel?
[1]...Well, I've got some good news, and some bad news. Good news: You built a weather machine. Bad news: The control system isn't working and its stuck on 'sunny day'.
Sun-Machine built!

Dress my slave bums in suits, and repost the flyer in a nicer part of town, listing a minimum net worth of $50,000 as a requirement.  Teach one of my current slaves to handle administering the serum to new subjects, while the other is in charge of liquidating their assets.
[1]As it turns out, bums in suits are still bums. No one seems willing to take the deal, and so the first slave gets it in his head that he should be a bit more aggressive in his recruiting... Also he ran off with the rest of your serum supplies.
Two businessmen brainwashed via random stabbing!
Five cops alerted by syringe-carrying bum!

I CALL UPON THE DARK POWERS INVESTED IN ME TO CALM THE MIGHTY BEAT PISSING ME THE HELL OFF. HE WILL SERVE ME FOR ETERNITY FOR HIS SINS.
[1]Damnit, he EATS dark powers. Now hes even bigger and angrier. Also he found your throne room and appears to be charging you. Well, this day is just getting better and better!
Horned Demon is now supercharged!

They are cowards, and not fit for my army.  Kill them. 
[6]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! You don't even have time to give the order before two of your men suddenly go into a berserk rage and finish off the remaining prisoners. The town (empty and looted as it is) is yours!
Two soldiers promoted to: Berserkers

* dragnar adds to the waiting list.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn 3: So many 1s...)
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 09:04:32 pm »

((The law of inverse rolls strikes again.))

Those little ... Thanatos decides that he'll put his minions to use building an additional four rooms and to fill one of them with a temple containing a sacrificial altar. If they dare to fail his orders again they will serve well as a source of mana. He orders his last imp to finish the library so that it may generate natural mana.
He also keeps on waiting for some creature to pop out of the spawning pool. What's taking them so long, do they need a freaking invitation?

It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »

Take the money from my businessmen slaves and buy more supplies/start making serum again.

Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

Find another weak town to loot.

((Also, edited my inventory, is this correct?))

Nixin the Breaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:26 am »

Perform percussive maintenance on weather machine. If it works, walk around the lab, get an idea where the entrances are, what the surroundings are, how wary I should be of torches and pitchforks.

Spoiler: Trianna Karlovac (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 05:29:47 am »

At the rate this is going it seems like the demon might die first...

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 10:05:04 am »

AAAGHFLDKJDSIFHSDFL!

I HAVE LIGHT POWERS, RIGHT!?

USE MY LIGHT POWERS TO GET THE DEMON UNDER CONTROL!

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, I WIL ATTEMPT TO PUNCH IT OUT!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 02:47:01 pm »

AAAGHFLDKJDSIFHSDFL!

I HAVE LIGHT POWERS, RIGHT!?

USE MY LIGHT POWERS TO GET THE DEMON UNDER CONTROL!

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, I WILL ATTEMPT TO PUNCH IT OUT!
[6] One nuclear fireball of holy energy later, the demon is cowering before you and more than a little singed. Downside: Channeling that much non-evil energy freaking hurts! Ah well, you'll heal, and Horny there seems to have calmed down from his rampage.
Horned Demon tamed!
Wounded! -1 to demon lord's actions for two turns.

Those little ... Thanatos decides that he'll put his minions to use building an additional four rooms and to fill one of them with a temple containing a sacrificial altar. If they dare to fail his orders again they will serve well as a source of mana. He orders his last imp to finish the library so that it may generate natural mana.
He also keeps on waiting for some creature to pop out of the spawning pool. What's taking them so long, do they need a freaking invitation?
[3]Well, they didn't quite manage a full four rooms, but the library and temple have both been finished, and the other three are getting pretty close to being usable. Yay!
[5]Woo! The spawning pit has finally turned up some minions. Specifically, a necromancer and a pair of skeletal creations of his.
Necromancer gained!

Take the money from my businessmen slaves and buy more supplies/start making serum again.
[6]Looks like your new minions were rather well off, and soon you've doubled your rate of serum production. The cops are getting dangerously close to sniffing you out though, the ingredients needed aren't exactly common household goods...
Serum production doubled!

Find another weak town to loot.
[3]Weak town found. Weak town looted. Yawn. Oh well, loot is loot, and you're building up a nice stash.
((Also yes, that's right.))

Perform percussive maintenance on weather machine. If it works, walk around the lab, get an idea where the entrances are, what the surroundings are, how wary I should be of torches and pitchforks.
[5]HAHA! SUCCESS! The clouds are gathering already, and should start powering up your robotic minions any minute now. As for your lab... Well, beggars can't be choosers. It's an abandoned research facility on the side of a road, a few hours walk from civilization. Bright side: Low chance of angry mobs. Downside: Loooong walk for groceries!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take over the world(Turn4: Hitting things! It actually works!)
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »

YES!

Now, Horny, I shall be leaving you for a few...hours, but I'm sure you won't eat anyone else...maybe, while I'm gone,and I'm going to go out and get some villagers for your din-din, okay boy?

WHO'S A GOOD HORNED DEMON? YOU ARE! YES, YOU!

BYE BOY!

BE A GOOD BOY!

Fuck, that was hard. Oh well, getting his dinner will be easier.

Trick some villagers into coming back to my lair and stepping into the smelling range of Horny.

Spoiler: Norman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:49:20 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

While the imps' efficiency is still lacking, Thanatos is more distracted by his first actual minion, and a good one at that. He orders the imps to finish the three empty rooms and fill one of them in with a jail. The necromancer shall train his arts by spending some time in reading books. If the library has already generated enough mana, Thanatos shall use it to create some chickens to get the chicken farm going.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 07:24:52 pm »

go out and flag down some members of the local police force, and inject my serum into them, enslaving them and forcing them to destroy any files the local police have on me / keep me safe from the law.

Spoiler: Dr. Dark (click to show/hide)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8