Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16074 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2012, 07:40:52 am »

Put him in a safe room (walled up) with luxury bed dining room and barracks and use him as an immortal backup system in case the fort falls! Or throw him in the well and cut him up so we can turn all put dorfs in vampires!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2012, 01:21:21 pm »

Wall in it is. Maybe I'll give him a pet dog or something to keep him company.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

Perhaps give him a chair and make him one of the useful nobles like a bookkeeper?

It's not like he'll have much to do with himself walled off from the rest of the fortress.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2012, 08:41:41 pm »

As I recall a player requested that duty. Wouldn't be right to take that awya from them... Lever guy maybe? Or maybe danger room him into an engine of destruction to be unleashed as the fortress cough splutters and dies?

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »

I had actually forgotten that someone requested bookkeeping duty. Your mention of levers did spark an idea that builds on Godlysockpuppets idea to walling him off completely.

Instead I suggest you create a new squad, make him the only member and order him into a room with lever controlled doors. That way as Godly intended he can't get out on his own, is no threat to dwarven society, and you can train him into a one dwarf slaughtering death-machine.

But it's much easier to let him out after you order him to kill an entire goblin army and to deliver equipment for him to use while he is under orders to stand in the corner and stare at the wall.

Just a thought

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:38 am »

I had actually forgotten that someone requested bookkeeping duty. Your mention of levers did spark an idea that builds on Godlysockpuppets idea to walling him off completely.

Instead I suggest you create a new squad, make him the only member and order him into a room with lever controlled doors. That way as Godly intended he can't get out on his own, is no threat to dwarven society, and you can train him into a one dwarf slaughtering death-machine.

But it's much easier to let him out after you order him to kill an entire goblin army and to deliver equipment for him to use while he is under orders to stand in the corner and stare at the wall.

Just a thought
Vampires are pretty hopeless in combat because when a dwarf becomes a vampire all his skills become locked; he can't learn or improve upon his current ones or go from Strong to very strong or become indefatigable :(

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:59 am »

Vampires are pretty hopeless in combat because when a dwarf becomes a vampire all his skills become locked; he can't learn or improve upon his current ones or go from Strong to very strong or become indefatigable :(

Not quite. Skills can still be gained. It's only the attributes that are locked. This is ok if you've maxxed out your dorf already (with some serious spartan training :P). Otherwise you'll have a legendary warrior with rather limp wrists...
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2012, 11:31:13 am »

Doesn't matter if they have limp wrists when they still out fight any goblin grunt.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »

Doesn't matter if they have limp wrists when they still out fight any goblin grunt.
Pretty hard to kill them too! Check his stats and thoughts. Post a pic of em!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2012, 02:01:54 pm »

Can do. I'm messing with an alternate reality thing for my own succession, so once I finish the second chapter I'll grap a pick. I think as far as physical stuff goes he isn't spectacular sadly.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »

Alright boys and girls. i've just finished a succession turn for Crafteddreams and now I am adressing our vampire issue. I plan to deal with all of them thusly

1. Equip them all with leather impact armor (helmets and vests to absorb hard impacts with the ground; I learned the hardway this is the MINIMUM for safe training now.)
2. Design a room that has a bed and levered floodgates: One in the Vampiric training center, one outside the cattle door. It will include a stockpile that accepts leather armor, wood shields, and any swords since swords are pretty much jack-of-fuck-all weapons. Our first will be using a recently bought scimitar. Leather armor and wooden shields are for mobility.
3. If needed for battle before a fortress disaster, a child or other unneeded (and preferably unhitched in any fashion) dwarf or dwarves can be fed to the squad to bring them to full effectivness before deployment. The flood gates will prevent them from killing wantonly.

If all goes according to plan, we'll have almost unstoppable immortal shock force to throw at an enemy, and we can use them as population control. May give them the full amenities just for shits and giggles. I'll try to get the rest of this mess done as soon as I can, but I'll be dropping off the radar at random when I work on other things.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

Had a minor tussle with a goblin raiding party, and a glassmaker made a cage called The Massive forests. Home caravan is here, and the vampire training area is just about done. I'll post a screenie of it later today. We now have two options: You guys can either bear with me for another season or we can change it up to winter to winer (which would make sense since that would be the goergian calander new year.) I'll handle trading and sealing off the vamp and pass it off if you want to do the winter to winter option.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2012, 04:37:25 pm »

I'm fine with the winter to winter change.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2012, 04:40:11 pm »

Alright then. Oh, and that asshole vampire killed one of my subordinates before I stuffed him in the barracks while it was still getting smoothed out. Once everything is all kosher there, I'll upload the save. Thanks for being so patient with me guys.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7203

Ta da! Aside from a few construction I didn't add anything really. Also, since I rooted out the vamp, I humbly request the road be built only from phyllite blocks (or however that stone is spelled.) It goes east to west but the east part still needs work and maybe a northern extention.

And again, thank you so much for being patient with me. Wish I could have done it more narrativly but a mess of other crap just prevented that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17