Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16099 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »

Ok, with dropping the narrative aspect, I've had the milita sorted.... Kinda. For now they have some basic training crap and that's it; just stuff to prevent shattered skulls and smashed ribs. We have officially overfished and cannot gain any further fish from our brook. I've gottena  waterwheel set up so we can do some milling, and quite frankly, I have absolutly no idea why there are workshops in cells. There's literally no reason for that, because dyers and tanners wont claim a workshop and go berserk because there wasn't dye or untanned hides. My exploratory mines so far have turned up jack shit, and the moody fellow is probably going to die, and quite frankly if he berserks I'm only going to intervene with a pointy stick. Whatever damage he does, he does.

Sorry if I seem irritable, but I can genuinly honestly say I despise the layout of this place. I really do. It's not even normal Succession game bizzarcitechtur, but whoever uses this setup needs to be beaten with an oar. Preferably an oar made from elf bones and goblin skin. It's cramped, confusing to a frusterating degree to a person like me, and quite frankly as I said, I'm not going to do a hell of alot to prevent disasters during my turn. When I'm done, whoever's next, good luck to you. Also I tore out that pointless empty cage because I got sick of the mechanics complaining about there being no cages.

EDIT: Two briths, two dead kobolds, A soldier and ahalf is armed and armored with proper shit, and I think we may need to always buy fancy gems to up the value of the shit we sell. three heavily encrusted items bought every scrap of plant food, booze and meat they had, along with a bit of steel armor (gauntlets and a helmet) weapons at least for the sergeants, another squad of speardwarves who need weapons and training armor, and a conscript oneshotted one of the thieves with a palm elven matchstick. May kit a squad out elf style for shits and giggles. And appaerently a cave dragon just got its ass handed to it by.... Something. Not exactly sure what but it just sponteneously showed up under  Dead shit list.

EDIT II: Stonmason went bonkers, died of thirst, and was scooped into a coffin before I even noticed. And I commend our hunters. Anything that shows up on the map promptly dies in a hail of bolts, turns into leather and more ammo to repeat the process.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2012, 11:04:00 am »

We now have a functioning well and mill, and a road! And a pointless guard tower in the middle of nowhere. And a guard post above the mill-well. And three injured soldiers, one of who is back on his feet already with a crippled arm. I've also killed evey single unadopted grazer, because we're low on grass. And it's now my year proper. And the elves will die.

EDIT: And Godlysockpuppet is now our baron.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »

A barony, already?? Share your secrets!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »

No idea. Whoever went before me obviously broke the 10k export boundry, unless it's based off the trading I did with the unfinished autumn caravan. And I hope no-one objects, I fixed the diplomats.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2012, 01:09:20 am »

No idea. Whoever went before me obviously broke the 10k export boundry, unless it's based off the trading I did with the unfinished autumn caravan. And I hope no-one objects, I fixed the diplomats.
Object!? I would never... BURN THE ELVES!!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2012, 10:59:51 am »

The irony here is that I'm playing as elves between this and Mount and Blad: Warband binges. I will give the elves credit though, being immortal gives them plenty of time to learn tades. I have also found thier idea of middle aged is 200-275 year old range.

Exitstrategy

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no exit! Oh, Armok! The !!magma!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2012, 09:06:25 pm »

Off topic post, but how is mount and blade?
Since when has Dwarf Fortress been about doing things the easy way?

I do believe that it is in part about unnecessarily abusing the opportunities that are presented to you.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2012, 09:08:43 pm »

Splint I've been meaning to ask you how far along in your year are you anyway?
Not trying to rush just trying to keep tabs on how long we should expect before next world upload.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »

I haven't been able to play much and decided to play a personal amusment thing after failed attempts at fixing the elves' military in Playable civ+. Last I was in I was in mid spring. We got some migrants. A whole lot of migrants actually...

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2012, 04:59:03 am »

I went last. I've just realised I did get us loads of dwarf bucks. Hehe its not that hard. Also how dare you insult my efficient cell use for workshops! I always considered it quite efficient and space saving ;)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2012, 11:12:57 am »

I've just never liked them. Seemed like a cheap way to try and avoid berserkers running rampant and killing someone. Did get anything done yesterday, but Iplan on trying to at least get to midsummer later today. Also kea people are raiding dead goblins for loot.

EDIT: Ok, so the elves have arrived, and I'm debating on killing them or not and pawning thier shit on the humans and keeping the clothing/cloth/ammo/armor and weapons for our own use. I've added a sort of Penal Legion uniform intended to be kitted out like elves, our army desperatly needs weapons and armor, and appearently we're in dire need of prick berry seeds. Our current population sits at now at 93. It'd be 94, but a kidnapper somehow nabbed someone's runt. I've also turned off beekeeping because we don't need that and it almost got some civies killed when those hammer gobs attacked.

EDIT II: I also seem to have given birth while hospitalized.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »

Oh dear God. You survived in hospital and now you're multiplying. May Armok have mercy on all who dwell in Hopestarved.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:20 pm »

That's
unexpected?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

Quite. I didn't even know my dwarf was married. Elves live or elves die?

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2012, 07:26:21 pm »

Death to the tree fondling weirdos.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17