Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16065 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

Probably, once I get the .zip.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »

I can upload my save, but it's at the end of year one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 09:28:28 pm »

...Is it supposed to only let me unzip it with WinZip? Why can't I explore it with the usual Windows unzipper thing?
Oops sorry I used winrar to zip it. You need to download either winrar or 7zip to unzip it. If wait a few hours i'll zip it with winzip in a few hours time. :)
I'm patient.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 03:16:33 pm »

Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »

For various RL reasons, ASAP is finally starting.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »

Yay for delayed ASAP!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »

I just started looking around. I found a moody dwarf; it's a shame, but since we have neither leather nor metal I'm walling him off.
I also removed my dwarf's custom profession of "Loon" and wondered why we had a forge but no smelter.

Well, first two priorities:
1. MAGMA!
2. Porcelain statue of a fish!

Does anyone know of any programs I could use to get a good visual in three-D to design the fish?
Sig

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »

Have you tried Stonesense or Overseer?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 05:58:12 pm »

Plan, not look at.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »

I'm not going to RP much right now, nor interfere more than needed.

Why is there a puppy skeleton in the middle of a big patch of sand? Why are several animals starving and several dwarves drinking from the brook? Why do we have no wood, or magma? Why do we not have spare picks? Why are our miners set to butcher, tan, and haul some stuff?
I fiddled with pastures and prepared my megaproject's area. I also fix some other issues. For instance, I queue up some brewing and block-making jobs, and also give up on making even one porcelain block. Maybe I'll make a marble statue. And I assign a couple more dwarves to mining, in case a couple new picks turn up. Not likely--we have NO logs, NO ore, and ONE bar of charcoal. Maybe if we hit the caverns, we'll get a bunch of ore and coal. Or a magma pipe, even better.

I'm serious, does anyone have something that will let me make a halfway decent fish or do I need to break out the Legos?
Sig

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »

No idea about any of that. Although the puppy skeleton in the sand pit cracked me up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »

Within moments of unpausing, the miners went two ways: One to extend the pit upwards as ordered, the other to dig out the statue area. The latter swiftly discovered tetrahedrite and a cavern in the middle of my statue area. Well, when life gives you lemons, be glad you don't have to settle for limeade.

Also, I'm not sure what I did with the hotkeys, but the gate button seems to lead to the caverns.
Sig

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:43 am »

Can I get a turn?
I'm a bit noobish but should be able to keep from running the fort into the ground.

Either way, can I get a Dorf?
As a random female non-military one named FlickerFly, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:55:36 am by FlickerFly »
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 06:30:00 am »

Sure thing.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17