Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16052 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »

Hate to do this, but will have to skip at the current time.  Just started another succesion game, and a new semester is starting at school.  Would like to be moved to the back of the list thou. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2013, 11:19:52 am »

Charles Mcfist next. My god it's been so long since I've seen progress on this fort :P

CharlesMcFist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2013, 06:37:08 pm »

Woop Woop! Getting started right now!

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

Yay! The fort shudders and springs back to life! :D
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:07 pm »

In response to the most recent replies yes I have been PMing everyone on the list and yes I can move you to the back of the list for now. Next person again, again... again.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:35 pm »

So hows it going Mcfist?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2013, 03:07:19 am »

The flying -bump- strikes the fort in the north wall, denting the stone!
The fort collapses.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2013, 12:05:16 pm »

In response to the most recent replies yes I have been PMing everyone on the list and yes I can move you to the back of the list for now. Next person again, again... again.
and again... and again.... and again...
I officially declare this community game dead. If somebody continues PM me and Ill take my turn.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2013, 10:16:30 pm »

Well, this place is near dead so I'm going to download the save and check things out. Perhaps I'll take a turn for myself.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:08 am »

Well, this place is near dead so I'm going to download the save and check things out. Perhaps I'll take a turn for myself.
Take a turn and i'll play after you!

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »

Well I downloaded the file, installed my texture pack of choice, and started figuring out what all the levers do.

Excerpt for the journal of stand in overseer, Bleak Ugoshkeskal

It is the 22nd of opal in the year 130, the season is winter.
What a time to be in charge, the past three overseers have abandoned us upon arrival and the mayor is decidedly useless. Being the chief medical dwarf I had the brains and the status to take control of the fortress until the replacement overseer arrives in a year's time to clean up this mess.

The first order of business once I was in control was to put an end to the dreadful siege lock-down which has kept us trapped for these long leaderless weeks. The last overseer to make any real progress solved the problem of the siege itself but was ousted from office before the last part of the plan was completed and he was unable to leave instructions for the pits of drowning. After much thought I selected some of the levers scattered about at random and ordered them pulled to see what would happen. The first of my choices opened the pits of drowning into the fortress without draining them off first and was immediately reset nothing of value lost, the second drained all the water and enemy possessions into the underground filter chamber, and the third opened the gate to the filter chamber so the fallen could be retrieve and disposed of.

That nasty business is being attended to as I write this which brought to my attention some very serious issues. The work order system is a complete mess and the ratio of doctors to peasants is way off so I had the most useless and unproductive dwarves transferred to the medical profession, they may need some practice before they stop slipping in blood and using the bone knives for cooking but in the long run it will benefit the fort.

Only three other happenings of note since my accent to power have occurred the first of which was an incident involving a war dog, a lever, and a drawbridge. It turns out the lever in the upper dinning room opens the interior drawbridge at the gates of the fortress which we discovered after accidentally launching a dog about 20 feet into the air, the stupid beast fell on its stomach and bruised itself pretty bad but it should live assuming it doesn't vomit to death in a corner somewhere.

The second thing that caught my attention was a bone carver who pushed past me in the halls, he seemed in a trance and kept mumbling about bones and other such things, later I come to find out he took over the craftsdwarf's workshop and started stealing supplies from all over the fortress. As of know he's locked himself inside and won't let anyone in but everyone can hear him working on something when they go past, so long as he doesn't break anything I've decided not to interfere who knows maybe he'll show some hidden talent and create something interesting from all the stuff he's taken.

The last and most pressing issue is the situation with the booze, some idiot stopped production and we have literal 17 drinks left for a fortress of over ninety dwarves. On top of the existing lack everyone able to brew is busy with the mass hauling of the dead invaders to the refuse piles so we'll have to go sober for a few days until they finish up.

Oh and we're still trapped inside because I can't find the lever for the outer gates. That might be important to.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:05 am »

The spinning +update+ strikes the fort in the ninth table, dining hall, shattering the table!
The fort shudders and begins to move!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

4th slate, 131, spring

With the spring time come many new events the first of which being the two squads of goblins who ambushed a lye maker once I figured out how to open the the main gate. The lye maker unfortunately didn't make it but the military did arrive in time to brutally slaughter the goblins, the melee was a sight to behold with limbs being hacked off everywhere but dealing with the Crossbow goblins was problematic. That is until our own Marksdwarves showed up and battered them into unconsciousness at which point we finished most of them off, I find myself wishing I had waited to engage them but my broken arm is healing well and it wasn't my good arm anyway.

Booze production is back on track with our drink level holding stead at about 70. The miners are back to work digging out the lower floors and clearing space for the grand monument. I've also taken this time in the hospitle to assign rooms to all the children, fix the farming rotation, order some new surface walls built to hold a tree farm and have the military slaughter the look Kea person population.

We've also had a group of migrants arrive, nobody of any particular use though except a competent Marksdwarf who was immediately conscripted.

On the projects front I've ordered the bedrooms engraved to boost morale and GreatWyrmBrass has really taken the task to heart carving masterpieces in every exposed surface available. I feel that even the child who's wall has the mural of that dwarf vampire draining someone will appreciate the amazing artistic and historical value it has to the fortress. The clean up and rearrangement of goods is still going on much to my displeasure. We don't appear to have any stock piles dedicated to furniture and I can't find one for finished goods either so I'll have to order one dug out when the current mining is done. I'm also clearing out the main mining area of all useful ore and gems. I plan to have the entire area engraved to preserve our memory for generations to come. Very slow progress though.

P.S. The bone carver came out of the workshop today with a fabulous if somewhat creepy wolverine bone sculpture of a noble being appointed, I think he's a general or something, that's decorated with goat and wolverine bones. It may be creepy but it's worth over 3000 gold pieces.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:22:13 pm by xana55 »

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2013, 06:18:04 am »

Glad you like my drowner! ;)
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2013, 12:02:34 pm »

Ooh :) updates. Can you save and upload so I can take a turn when you hit next spring?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17