Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16051 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »

They won't go after the elves unless you mean deploying them. In which case i forgot to include a direct rout to the surface for them to use. Sacrifice chamber is a bedroom outside the vampires' storage space.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »

Here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can't upload it at the moment, I'll try to get it up by tomorrow though.

Edit: Here, hope it works. Dffd doesn't like me much (so that's why I'm not using it).
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f264sqvoorxcfrd

Edit 2: Has Vodrilus been notified? (and is the file working)?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:53:39 am by FlickerFly »
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

Oh, I only just noticed this! (Along with the private message...) :o

I'll be pretty much preoccupied with Christmas-related stuff until the ~28th, so the next one in line may feel free to grab the save before that.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2012, 08:49:23 am »

Downloading presently... Let's see what I'll find... ???

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2012, 05:49:44 pm »

(I hate triple-posting, but I guess it's the most practical thing to do right now... Here's half a year of progress, without the many (three) screenshots.)

6th Moonstone
Damn this madness! The goblins have been let into the courtyard - apparently no-one bothered to rig the outer gate. Now the un-patriotic ones have also been released from their imprisonment. This must be the work of an undercover goblin agent (or worse, an elf...). I must take charge over this fort to prevent any further madness.

7th Moonstone
We have no militia to speak of. They are all dead. Also, our armory is severely lacking. The goblins are mostly camping outside. Some archers have been spotted, just sitting on a hill even though they could sweep in with those giant bats. I guess we can sit this one out. A more permanent solution is called for...

8th Moonstone
I've got it! While we are quite starved of metal, we could construct a huge drowning trap to end any siege. That way we could gain as much metal as we ever want. I've ordered the architects to start drawing up the plans. Meanwhile, we'll need some more picks - a good use of the copper we have.

16th Moonstone
By the smooth cheeks of Tustem, a dwarf has gone mad! Kivish Savagechannel is raving and trying to attack every dwarf that comes near her. Fortunately, she is tied to a bed in the hospital. I've sent the soldiers to dispatch her.

5th Opal
Vodrilus went insane, and is hereby replaced by Vodrilus II as Overseer of Hopestarved.

9th Opal
Just great. The trade depot has been destroyed by an angry dwarf. I'll find the rascals responsible!

10th Opal
The goblins still haven't left, and now the outpost liaison has left, unhappy. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting. I hope the merchants won't go insane too soon...

14th Opal
And now some idiots ventured up on the roof. Apparently they were ordered to gather up all the corpses and the items. They promptly created a vicious circle of suicide by goblin bolts. Fortunately I managed to stop this foolishness.

18th Opal
Praise the gods! Finally, the goblins got bored waiting for us to appear topside. Now we'll finally be able to bury our dead and chop down some wood for our forges.

28th Opal
A kid has created a wonderful bone spear. Mmm... bone...

4th Obsidian
Now the un-patriotic scum is dying of thirst, even though we purchased plenty of booze from the caravan. I guess they're on a thirst strike. They'll most like likely all die very soon.

7th Obsidian
Finally I got it. The un-patriotic ones were _commanded_ to stay in that silly room...  I've reversed the order. Now they'll finally go get a drink. What a waste of perfectly good workforce!

28th Obsidian
Vodrilus I has died of dehydration. He will be remembered.

12th Granite
Unhappy dwarves continue to die and go insane. The drowning chamber has now been cut out of the rock. Soon the masons will have built the necessary bridge hatches to flush out the waters.
***PIC***

14th Felsite
We are finally getting back on track. I have ordered a massive number of mechanisms to be churned out. Also, I have constructed a mist generator at the main entrance to ensure the humour of the populace.
Also, some snatchers appeared.

16th Felsite
Numerous ambushes have really begun to annoy us. Also, an elven caravan arrived. Unfortunately, we have already destroyed most of the goblins.

20th Felsite
And now, a kobold ambush. Impossible. We destroyed them all, albeit with unfortunate losses. Our mayor has been crippled and is unable to breathe. Curiously, he is still alive.

27th Felsite
Apparently, a dwarven child was successfully kidnapped. At least, that's what the mother claims. I am more inclined to believe him to be hiding in the tunnels.

7th Hematite
I am glad to announce that we now have a breeding pair of cougars.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »

Our mayor shouldn't be a mayor. He's a fucking vampire who's only useful purpose is to die for the crime of being an idiot and getting cursed with vampirism.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »

Our mayor shouldn't be a mayor. He's a fucking vampire who's only useful purpose is to die for the crime of being an idiot and getting cursed with vampirism.
Don't kill him! He's our failsafe for when we become royally fucked.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »

No. He's not. he ate one of our soldiers. He' locked up unless we need to send someone who's going to be drilling for the rest of his miserable life out to fight. Also: There is a small room intended to be used by sacrifices. The floodgates serve as airlocks.

Either way I hate vampires and look forward to the day his miserable life is extinguished.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2012, 02:59:41 pm »

I intend to keep the mayor crippled and very much alive for the time being. I've managed to prevent most blood-sucking attempts on important dwarves. Some kids were drained eventually.

Edit: Also, some screenshots. (I'm getting lazy here.)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:09:04 pm by Vodrilus »

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:31 am »

Not bad so far.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:38 pm »

I took the liberty of playing one extra month to finish my project. It should provide the fort with many a fun time.
-----------------------
4th Galena
The hubbub of a fort coming back to life ceased for a moment to respect the passing of our beloved mayor, Fang Keshshakdomas.

The dwarves are working furiously to prepare the Drowner for the next enemy horde. I wonder if we'll make it.

14th Galena
There. The humans have come to greet us with bronze and iron. We are not prepared for this.

I have ordered the drawbridges raised, damn the ones left outside.

16th Galena
Apparently our new mayor was on a little hunting excursion, topside. A quick burrowing alert summoned him back

1st Limestone
Autumn has come, and the long tall humies are still camping outside, and we are unable to muster defences against them. I remain confident

that the Drowner will be finished come the first goblin siege. But still, the humies wait and watch, spelling doom for any caravan foolish

enough to approach this fort. Once we get more migrants (that is, when the next liaison has told the Mounntainhomes of our good fortunes),

we'll be able to channel some workforce to the barracks. 'Skeleton crew' would be too fat a name for the current garrison. Ah, well. On to

work with the Drowner...

15th Limestone
Ooh... Rovod Mwsirvabok the Conscript just woke up and seems to have a very clever idea...

18th Limestone
Now Rovod started hacking away at a piece of marble and a pile of owl bones. I wonder what he's making. A fancy coffin?

22nd Limestone

A marble grate...

28th Limestone

A giant has arrived to pay us a visit. Let us hope it won't break our drawbridges too fast... and forunately went to pester the humies, getting a pounding from the single archer's copper arrows. Haha, how he's chasing them, now that the archer is out of arrows!

4th Timber

How on earth did that miner find time to party?

6th Opal
The Drowner is operational, and now is the time to use it. Drink your fill, humies! I will now leave command of this fort to another, for I have seen my project through.

-----------------
The fort is in dire need of optimization (as are all succession forts), but I opted to build my drowning trap instead.

Uploading complete. Here you go!

Edit: Might give instruction via PM regarding the use of the trap if asked. I would imagine, however, that trial and error might bring a bit more FUN into the game.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:49:59 pm by Vodrilus »

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2013, 08:19:48 pm »

Alright next person on the list is taking too long, skipping to the next one!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2013, 09:00:23 am »

Alright next person on the list is taking too long, skipping to the next one!
On to the next one again...?

xana55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Apparently...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

PM'd those people to let them know they're up right?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17