Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16056 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a succession game?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 07:09:28 pm »

I'll take Kivish Shotkissed. Nickname him GreatWyrmBrass. His greatest goal in life is to create a giant statue of a fish with a pasture for sheep on the top. Probably underground. It would be sublime for him, especially if it was made out of porcelain.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

7th Granite, 126

I take back what I said earlier. This place isn't so bad at all. Dumat set up a farm plot and a still above ground. He says he and Sodel will plant prickle berries there. Hey, it's better than the plump helmets we've been eating since we left the mountainhome.

14th Granite, 126

Today our miners dug to stone. I told 'em to build a room big enough for a trade depot, so the merchants won't have to travel far. After that's done, they'll dig out a meeting room as well as a corridor with our rooms in it.

1st Felsite

Here we have the miners digging out the side corridor. I told them to dig out a big suite as well. That'll be mine, naturally.

5th Felsite

The miners are getting faster at digging. After they finished the hallway, I had them dig out another one leading to some workshops downstairs.

16th Felsite

Work started on a palisade today. The mason, "GreatWyrmBrass", was lazing around the wagon babbling about some sort of giant fish statue so I had him do something useful.

28th Felsite

The crafting floor is done! Well, mostly. We still need to set up a few workshops. We're making pretty good time, too.

((Aaand that marks the end of spring! Will GWB fulfill his dream of a giant porcelain fish statue with a pasture on top? Will I remember to mention GodlySockPuppet next update? Will Inspiredsimji actually do some work instead of sleeping in his big room? Find out next time!))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 07:53:02 pm »

First we need kaolinite. Then we need a potter. Then we need...stop that, I'm getting to work!

...An architect and someone who's good at drawing fish, then some miners to dig out the room, then I need to get some volunteers and we need to build the fish, then we need a bucket brigade--I AM WORKING, SIR! I CAN TALK WHILE WORKING!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »

Alright, I've finished up my year! Expect the rest of the write-up and the save to be up sometime tomorrow.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 12:59:01 am »

Could you dorf me as Dumat FutureWhip? That's awesome that he like silver AND native silver.

Rarely feels discouraged.... Can handle stress..... Won't have to worry about him throwing a tantrum.

I DEMAND HIGH BOOTS!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:05 am »

What the heck, I'll take a turn.
Sig

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:43 am »

Even though I have never done a succession game before, I'd like a turn.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:31 am »

Whoo. I was mentioned! (Even if ever so briefly) PM me when it's my go. Sorry but I won't be able to follow the thread too much. I'll try to keep up to date though :)

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »

I think we should add a dorfing list in the OP. I wasn't able to dorf mastahcheese because as of writing this the year is over, but the next overseer will be able to!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

Also, work on the turn list.
What the heck, I'll take a turn.
Even though I have never done a succession game before, I'd like a turn.
Sig

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 01:48:40 pm »

Overseer's journal, 18th Hematite

Migrants have arrived! A couple farmers and a fishery worker. I've had a few of them put to stoneworking duty, we have plenty of food.

27th Hematite

I've begun digging a tunnel to the east. On the end I'm having the miners dig out a quarry pit. We need all the stone we can get for making pots, preferably something nicer than this damned mudstone.

1st Malachite

Wolverines! One of the war dogs got attacked out by the wagon. Luckily it won, although it lost a toe in the process.

3rd Galena

Summer's been mighty boring. I'm still waiting for the masons to carve me out a table so I can get to work bookkeeping for this place. Although this bed is pretty nice.

12th Galena

During my bookkeeping duties, I discovered a plethora of unpleasant things outside the palisade. The cats are really going at it.

21st Galena

The loon GreatWyrmBrass stormed into my office today, demanding that he get working on his project. He's been badgering me for the past few weeks so I guess I might as well give him a kiln and the empty quarry pit.

28 Galena

I dig him a little side room off of the entryway, but only after I go to the trouble of building the kiln do I learn there's no clay in the location. Apparently "silty clay loam" or whatever he called it isn't good enough for him.

11th Limestone

We've got a bunch of idlers milling about the entryway lately, so I told 'em to pick up all the refuse outside the outpost and stack it neatly by the wall.

17th Limestone

I'm expecting more migrants any day now. Maybe one of them will know how to set up that damn mechanics workshop I ordered to be built.

5th Sandstone

Several of the war dogs' puppies were killed by wolverines today. We need to get everyone inside soon.

6th Timber

Huzzah, purple spinel! I'll have some encrusted into my stuff. We've also hit... phyllite, was it? Whatever it is, it's prettier than mudstone.

7th Timber

I told the farmers to set up an underground farm today. We can never have too much food and drink, and everyone likes a variety.

14th Timber... I think

Merchants arrived today. And us without anything to trade. I'll request the craftsdwarves to get working on some crafts.

I'm losing track of time. On the bright side, the engravers finished decorating my walls today! Maybe I can have them do the meeting hall, too.

I asked the guy what the date was, it's the 22nd of Moonstone.

Today marks an important date in our history. I've announced that I'm retiring! No thanks to that guy who keeps demanding clay from me. WE DON'T HAVE ANY CLAY HERE! I'll be serving as overseer until the  first of Granite. After that I plan to retire to my quarters and spend my days as the bookkeeper. That'll minimize social interaction with the rest of the hoopleheads here.

Oh yeah, we also hit marble. I've commissioned some statues.

10th Opal

It's been a pretty good run. The engravers have gotten started on the meeting hall.

On the last day of the year, we had a kobold thief try to steal our... "riches". This worries me. But starting tomorrow, it's not my problem! I've laid out some core information for whoever steps up as the next overseer (we're running out of beer):

((And that marks the end of my turn! I'd like to request another go in about 7 or so turns, if possible! This was my first succession fort, so any advice on writing, pictures, etc. would be great! I'm uploading the save now, I'll edit this post once it's done.))

((EDIT: Here is the save for the next turn! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6873))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:54:08 pm by inspiredsimji »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

Hmph. Silty clay loam? That's not nearly enough clayey to make so much as earthenware, and if we're going there we might as well just make it from stone! Unless we can import some good ol' kaolinite, which I must ask to be done next time the traders roll around, we're not going to be able to get any porcelain.
I wonder if the miners have dug out the area yet. If should probably have at least 100 square Urists of pasture, that's enough for half a dozen sheep. Probably, that'll be on the top, so...four or five Urists high and 15-20 on a side should be plenty of room. But think, my dream might come true!
I'll tell them that if I get a bedroom and such in the fish, there'll be a nearby shepherd AND we won't need as much porcelain.
Sig

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 02:26:53 pm »

If at all possible, I'd like to be dwarfed as a swordsdwarf and be assigned the duty of wolverine herd/eradication. If they don't flip out and make me kill them, I wanna be the one to direct them into the cage traps. A pit filled with the little buggers all nice and tamed will be an entertaining way to kill prisoners.

And what the hell, I'll take a turn too if you don't mind. I could use something to do while I plan my project.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 02:33:24 pm »

There's a new dwarf around, called Splint or something like that. He seems interested in wolverines.
Hm...I bet they'd make great pets, and a sheepwolverine has GOT to be better than a sheepdog. Maybe I'll try to convince him to help us capture some of the critters instead of killing them. And then I'll get my own sheepwolverine, one of the pups born here, and then I'll relax in my porcelain fish, because that should be first priority.

Maybe I'll be able to retire to shepherding and weaving and stuff when I grow old. I've always wanted to do that, at least a bit, ever since I was a little dwarf and saw a herd of sheep.
Sig

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:48 pm »

inspiredsimji has finished his reign as ruler of the fortress and retired to a life of anti-social book-keeping.

The fortress hasn't fallen which is a welcome change of pace.

Godlysockpuppet will be taking control of the Fortress and working off of what inspiredsimji left behind and left in progress.

In IRL new the number of rulers waiting for there year has grow :D which means that this fortress should keep going for a longish time to come.
Hopefully it will get to the point where we have tons of levers, traps, and forgotten doomsday machines laying around.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17