Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Necromancy, holy crap  (Read 5697 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancy, holy crap
« on: August 31, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »

The Law Giver of the civilization I started out in turned out to be a vampire, there also happened to be two necro towers near my starting point.
First let me say, it seems to me that alot of nobility ends up being vampires; is there any reason for this?
Second of all, I became a vamp, went to the tower, read the slab. (Which, by the way--If I drop the slab somewhere else, will it be there for the next adventurer?)
But, I'm currently storming through villages with my 90+ mob of undead and various undead body parts. Necromancy is epic. I love this game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy, holy crap
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:31 pm »

Its not that nobility ends up being a vampire, its that vampires end up being nobility due to their infinite life. The slab will still be there.

And thats good for you, epic luck, i never even MADE it to a tower.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »

Its not that nobility ends up being a vampire, its that vampires end up being nobility due to their infinite life. The slab will still be there.

Undead don't attack vampires, I tried to storm the tower as a flesh and blood human being, tried luring out the undead etc, but there are just way too many of them, and I was quickly mobbed. However, as a vampire--I strolled in, beheaded a necromancer, enjoyed some light reading, reanimated his corpse, and went about my business.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »

Accidental doublepost

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »

You think necromancy is powerful now? Wait till you try it as a Bronze Colossus :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

You think necromancy is powerful now? Wait till you try it as a Bronze Colossus :P

:O The possibilities...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 06:18:29 am »

Bronze colossi are so 2010.

Slade collosi that spit fire and have poisounous kicks are the future!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 07:22:52 am »

I tried to storm the tower as a flesh and blood human being, tried luring out the undead etc, but there are just way too many of them

You can do it after you gain the invisibility skill (currently mispelt as "sneaking") if you don't want to be a vamp, but it still tales a long, long time to hack your way through oblivious corpses. It's worth it to forego the mortal hassles of eating and drinking though. Of course it looks like that'll be impossible in the next version (which is a good thing).

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:34:25 am »

I tried to storm the tower as a flesh and blood human being, tried luring out the undead etc, but there are just way too many of them

You can do it after you gain the invisibility skill (currently mispelt as "sneaking") if you don't want to be a vamp, but it still tales a long, long time to hack your way through oblivious corpses. It's worth it to forego the mortal hassles of eating and drinking though. Of course it looks like that'll be impossible in the next version (which is a good thing).

A blunt weapon also helps. Necromancers spam resurrections like they're going out of style, and laying into zombies with an axe just means you've got an ever-increasing army of severed body parts trying to pummel you to death.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »

Bronze colossi are so 2010.

Slade collosi that spit fire and have poisounous kicks are the future!
Meh, There still the gold standard for pwerful creatures (pun no intended). in arena mode I once set a dozen heavily armed human necros, a number of GCS vamps, a zombie dragon, and about 200+ dead bodies against 20 candy wielding hihly trained bronze collosi. Only 1 means they get mobbed. Unfortunatelly I was unable to finish the experiment as my FPS crashed, but from what I could gather, it invloved a awful lot of melting, and a aweful lot off lying corpses.

Sorry, any excuse to tell that story. Will the dead be able to read tracks? I presume not.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 08:39:04 pm »

Me neither, but maybe I haven't been trying hard enough.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »

I haven;t had a world where it generated one, my necromancers are holed up in catacombs for some reason...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 12:53:31 pm »

Best way in my advice is to before you open those doors make campires around the door making a simple straight line open rub back and keep shoving them .. watch the piles of zombies stumbling

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 01:05:42 pm »

I haven;t had a world where it generated one, my necromancers are holed up in catacombs for some reason...
I think they need 50 zombies to build a tower. Not sure if they can have slabs before towers tough.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:15 pm »

They can: I found a human lady necromancer hanging around with a slab in a camp she formed.
Pages: [1] 2