Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion: forbid areas ?  (Read 680 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestion: forbid areas ?
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:22:00 am »

Is it possible possibel to set doors which would forbid, or allow passage to only a class of dwarf ?
For exemple you can select a specific dwarf, or a type of dwarf (farmer...), or a level of skill (legendary...), or a status (noble).

Ok, it would probably require some work in the path finding routine, and I don't if i'd be that usefull. But you could have quarter for the rich, and quarter for the poor. (That would work with a more specific stock designation : this stockpile will only take oustanding objects, or those carved in bones.., or elaborated food or anything else.)

Well. That's maybe just too complicated for nothing.

Hazman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: forbid areas ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:56:00 pm »

I'd like to be able to specify specific objects to allow or disallow on specific stockpiles, so that my dwarves stop lugging blocks of charcoal to the block stockpile outside the masons.

Also, it seems that a stockpile can take from more than one stockpile, but only give to one. It'd be better if it was the other way around, to be honest, so that you could split stuff from a mining stockpile and take some of it to the gem one, some to the ore one etc.

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by flap:
<STRONG>Is it possible possibel to set doors which would forbid, or allow passage to only a class of dwarf ?
For exemple you can select a specific dwarf, or a type of dwarf (farmer...), or a level of skill (legendary...), or a status (noble).

Ok, it would probably require some work in the path finding routine, and I don't if i'd be that usefull. But you could have quarter for the rich, and quarter for the poor. (That would work with a more specific stock designation : this stockpile will only take oustanding objects, or those carved in bones.., or elaborated food or anything else.)

Well. That's maybe just too complicated for nothing.</STRONG>

I think burrows are either implemented or going to be implemented, and limit spesific dwarves to spesific areas. I'm trying to find out more about it myself, so I can't help much more.

Janne )`*

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:55:00 pm »

In the idea of burrows, and limiting stockpiles, It would maybe be interesting to limit a stockpile to a collecting area (q : get from this stock pile, d : determine collecting zone (in the same way as mining))

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »

In the idea of burrows, and limiting stockpiles, It would maybe be interesting to limit a stockpile to a collecting area (q : get from this stock pile, d : determine collecting zone (in the same way as mining))

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:43:00 am »

Burrows are part of the transportation and automation version 1 programming arc.  Not done yet...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!