Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36750 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2012, 10:21:01 am »

((I won't be able to update for a few hours, much as I hate to leave while we're getting hourly updates. Please let one of the other players control me for this battle.))

Cast a spell at the cylinders.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

((I won't be able to update for a few hours, much as I hate to leave while we're getting hourly updates. Please let one of the other players control me for this battle.))
((Looks like this is all to Caellath!

I'm also in this state.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2012, 11:03:14 am »

"Yeah, I knew it was supposed to be trouble..."

Stay in front of Lia, stand ground and prepare to counter as the enemy charges, swinging both weapons at its left leg.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:25 am »

((since it's 4 legged, next time specify if front or back. No problem this time since you can only attack the front at the moment, but next time please.))

--------------------------------------
The beast shifts its gaze to Rodri, charging forward but ramming into the wall nearby, missing him
-----------------------------------------
In retaliation, Rodri swings the hammer and the sword down onto it, the sword barely damages it, though being a solid hit. (2 damage) while the hammer generally had the same effect on it. (2 damage)

Lia, being defensive, tries to get a hit on the creature while the opportunity is there. The spear pricks the creature in the side, it mainly shrugs off the attack. (2 damage)

Jerri sees the creature clearly now, forcing all the enrgy he could gather into one attack, firing a lance of energy at the creature, jabbing into one of the cylinders. (4 damage)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »

Rodri pulls back both his weapons and readies his stance before stepping and forward and swinging with a dual strike to the beast's leg.

Attack its front left leg once again, swinging with both weapons.

Lia: Attack the torso!

Jerri: Torso too.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2012, 12:23:28 pm »

The creature turns to Rodri again, Raising its front left leg, showing razorlike claws, tearing down through the air directly into his right arm. (6 damage) Rodri's HP- 4
------------------------------------------------------
Rodri takes a step back to gain his footing, swinging both weapons down again, the sword harmlessly scratching the surface, while the hammer barely dents the beast. (1 damage)

Lia stabs into the beasts torso, causing a black oily blood to begin to trickle out of the newly made hole. (2 damage)

Jerri musters up yet more energy, firing off another bolt piercing into the beasts chest, causing more of its dark blood to rush out. (4 damage)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

Staggering for a moment, Rodri quickly gets back to his stance and growls to the creature, keeping his weapons - sword in the off-hand and hammer in the main - posed for another strike at the beast. His muscles tense for a moment before he springs up to attack the enemy.

Attack its front left leg again, both weapons.

Lia: Heal Rodri.

Jerri: Shoot another bolt at its torso.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »

(sorry, had somewhere to be.)

----------------------------------
The creature lunges at Rodri, biting his right arm, causing immense pain. (5 damage) Rodri's Hp- 0  right arm Lhp- 5
-----------------------------------
Lia quickly goes into action, channeling healing energy into Rodri to keep him from getting hurt further. Rodri's Lhp- full, Hp- 3

Rodri retalliates by swinging both his weapons again, the sword harmlessly bounces off of its tough hide, while the hammer finally makes a satisfying crack when it makes contact with the leg. (4 damage)

Jerri fires off yet another magic bolt, poking a small hole in its chest (2 damage)
------------------------------------------
((Note, this is not an extra turn on account of the enemy, it is just me arranging it so your turns are on top, so it gets its turn which would normally be in the next post moved in this one.))

The creature rears its arm up and swings at Rodri yet again, creating a gash in his right arm as blood spills onto the wooden floor. (6 damage) Rodri's Hp- 0 Right arm LHP-3

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »

Kill its torso with fire!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:39 pm »

((Thanks you Caellath, you're a good man))

"Rodri! Jerri, fend it off!"

Action redacted. Look below.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:21:06 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2012, 09:09:39 pm »

"What do you mean by fend it off? We're trying to kill it here."

The knight grits his teeth and growls in defiance as he dampens the pain, blood spilling across the floor and nearby walls as his armor is breached and the warm, red liquid flows freely from his wounds. Rodri smiles and swirls both his weapons once again, trying to land them heavily upon the enemy's front left leg once more.

Both weapons, his front left leg, again.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

"Wait! Hold still! Your arm is-

"Argh!"

Life Ward > Rodri!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2012, 09:33:01 pm »

Jerri conjures more magic from the surrounding area, beginning to feel the air be weaker, he fires another strong bolt yet again, into its chest. (4 damage)

Lia places a glowing hand on Rodri's back, pulsing more energy into his body. She couldn't get in any viable blocking position this time though. Rodri's right arm LHP-full Rodri's Hp- 1

Rodri launches himself at the creature yet again, but it moves its front leg, letting the attacks hit its left back leg, the sword not damaging it yet again as the hammer crashes into the leg (4 damage)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Steam begins to shoot from this behemoth's back, the image of two red eyes appearing on its head, it roars as it lunges one last time, steam blasting out of its mouth when it forces its teeth through the flesh and bone of Rodri's right arm, tearing the limb completely off of his body as blood stains the floor.

Rodri lost right arm, lost battle hammer.

(What? You thought this game would be picking daisies? If it makes you feel any better, this sidequest got horrific (as in high) rolls on difficulty. Rest assured, this battle can be won.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2012, 09:35:28 pm »

"Smash the things on its back!"

Smash the things on its back! With magic!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »

"I told you! That arm!"

Heal Rodri!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54