Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36734 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 06:48:32 pm »

((I thought that resurrections took a full day, and that the crest would be engraved in the bone directly behind it? Vertebrae and/or shoulder blades make strange swords.))

Jerri frowned slightly at the useless elf. He probably would have been more useful in a fight as a sword, and likely didn't have any wealth squirreled away. "Your glasses are long-gone, and you're quite lucky we found the sword you were made into .. Do you have any way of repaying us for saving you?"

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:18 pm »

((hey, I never said these kobolds were good at making swords.)) ((and about resurrection, I kinda meant that it would take a day for them to be more stable and control there bodies, much like how a wounded arm can be opened again with use, only not over as long of a time, sorry for not making that clear. Again, bear with me, I'm just getting the hang of doing this...))

"Oh, I'm pretty nearsighted." he says, hastily putting on pants, blushing. "About what I do though, I am a cartographer, speaking with the native kobolds of the area in order to find out passageways." He begins getting further dressed. "I did not, however, expect them to be so violent, and hastily murder me. Though I did learn though that there are about 3 words in Tisk that roughly mean 'stupid little bitch.'"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »

((Ayup, remember that I'm in a GMT +8 timezone, far awaaaaay from you guys. Skip me if needed, my character likes pondering the usage of the universe and other temporal limitations, and zoning out. ^^))

"I-...I'll just turn around, now. Don't mind my presence...

"Anyway, do you know how you...ran into that mess, fellow elf? Also, do you know their curse words when they speak about mothers?"

Ask

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »

"Well, heheh, I was kinda looking for the kobolds. You see, I thought that if I get some creatures that lived there for their entire lives, I could get some information. And... why do you want to know about those curse words?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

"Well, heheh, I was kinda looking for the kobolds. You see, I thought that if I get some creatures that lived there for their entire lives, I could get some information. And... why do you want to know about those curse words?"

"They talked about my mother...

"Anyway, did you meet the same demon at the gates? Do you have any clue how to get deeper in the dungeon without all those monsters?"

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 08:05:49 pm »

"Honestly, I don't even know how long I've been dead. Plus when I died I lost the map I was making as well as the maps I already made probably being out of date now... I didn't meet the same demon, most likely the gate I entered by lost all the people it was bound to, the demon returned to his home, and the dungeon shifted again, letting the kobolds to work with their devices. I assume you found my skeleton in a pile somewhere, correct?"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »

"A low leader was using your Crest's bone as a sword."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2012, 08:30:07 pm »

"Wait, I was a sword? I must have been dead for a while..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2012, 08:45:31 pm »

"Probably. And this is what happens with people who attempt diplomacy with bandits." Rodri quipped as he turned back to look at the elven lass. "You should be a little more careful. I think you would have tried reasoning with them weren't we there."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2012, 12:52:17 am »

"Well, you're alive and I need to take a rest." Lia said, still not looking at her kinfolk while moving over to the wall and sitting down, leaning on it.

"Healing takes a lot out of me."

Rest for the moment.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »

Lia sits down, she feels energy begin to return to her,already she could heal again if need be, and she feels as if she was never even hurt during the fights. Rodri and Jerri are experiencing this as well, while Jerri skims over the map. The locations that stick out the most to you are-
The library, an Inn/tavern, a general market, a blacksmith, and a Barracks, most likely for defense if any large force tries to destroy the dungeon, or block it off for whatever reason.

"I guess I'll be finding out what changed since I was dead. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please try to contact me if you think I could be used for anything."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »

"Alright...have fun with your contact..."

Rest some more, and sleep...Too sleepy to coherently form sentences.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2012, 02:09:18 pm »

Go sell the oil and armor. See how much a smoke bomb costs, should we need to retreat in a hurry. Browse rune scrolls.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »

Lia drifts gently asleep, sliding down in the warm, dimming light of the temple's windows.

Jerri heads off to the market, when he arrives the orange glow of the sunset illuminates the stalls, though still busy with many other people. browsing the stalls, eventually he found that the best price he could get is 100 golden coins of this town's currency. After removing them, Jerri views what runes and scrolls are around here, and eventually finds a stand, deep into the market's ever-changing passageways of stalls and bins, it is made of old wood nailed together soon to fall apart, and an old man, thin but upright, sits on a chair on the opposite side, leafing through a decrepit book. A few old wooden boxes are placed around the small stall, with tags of the price of the objects withing, containing only a few rolls of paper in each one. Some even have small, thin slabs of rock with runic symbols etched into them, referring to the whole thing in general as a rune. In the back of the stall there is a very large tablet of stone, mounted on a rickety wooden stand. It seems to give off a powerful aura. Jerri looks over the objects, finding what he can afford.

Scroll of light- Generates a 10m diameter aura of light, brightening dark passageways as well as overcoming magically enforced darkness. - 30 coins
Scroll of Break Armor- Destroys the armor of an enemy, completely removing all defense (not incl. shields) - 80 coins
Rune of Weightlessness- (3 uses) makes a nonliving object feel virtually weightless (and act so) for a period of 24 hours. (Incl. weapons, corpses, metal, etc.) - 40 coins

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2012, 03:44:03 pm »

Ask about the duration of the light scroll, the size limit on the weightlessness rune, and the powerful stone tablet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54