Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36708 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (magic, gods, and lost limbs)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19:20 am »

Lia shrugged at the comment. "Even barrel lids could be used as shields when one gets desperate. I've been to too many taverns to find that fact..."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 10:20:06 am »

Lia grabs her spear and inspects the bodies of the golems. There's nothing really on these golems (or in this room for that matter) that could be used as a shield.

Rodri Looks at the sword. There dont seem to be any runic enchantments on it, on the surface it appears to be just a rusted sword.

Jerri Checks the door, all you can hear are echoes of wind emanating from deeper within.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 10:23:35 am »

"Is everyone ready now?" Lia said as she angled her spear towards the door Jerri was at.

"If anyone needs some recuperation, I'm open to share it."

Proceed only if the others agree. Search for any traps and point them out.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 10:26:46 am »

"I hear nothing, but something's probably going to ambush us anyway."

Stand back and blast the door off its hinges.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:04 pm »

"I would gladly accept healing due to constantly getting tangled in close-quarters." he says, finally taking a moment to analyze his makeshift allies. They didn't have much time to meet each other, but at least they knew each other's names.

One was a lithe-bodied female elf with a spear who didn't appear to be terribly able with it, although on the bright side she was their healer. The small kobold had magical abilities and seemed competent so far. And he was a rookie knight-wannabe who really needed some training. Yeah, they really needed to be careful.

Prepare to move through the door as soon as it is confirmed to be free of traps or at least do it if nothing springs as soon as it is open.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 01:10:10 pm »

After thorough inspections the door is clean of traps. Jerri blasts through it with magic while Lia heals Rodri leaving him at 9 HP.

Through the passages, they begin to get more crude, eventually losing semblance of order and look as if they were hastily mined out
The twisting and turning stops as you reach  an immensely deep room, with your entrance coming from near the top with a spiderweb of stone walkways branching out to 3 different exits, seemingly lined up with the 4 cardinal directions (including your entrance) It is difficult to see the bottom, but you can still see the floor.
you wouldn't be able to survive that fall.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2012, 08:52:47 pm »

(Still waiting for a direction to be chosen if that wasn't clear. Left, Forward, or Right. Each has something different in it.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

(Still waiting for a direction to be chosen if that wasn't clear. Left, Forward, or Right. Each has something different in it.)
((I think the prospect of death by fall may have made people think twice and forget to post.))

"I'll go in front and we'll move left. Any of you with magic capabilities, can you try to identify this?" he asks, showing the glass flask with the black liquid inside.

Left Path.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

((It was timezones, my only obstacle to posting other than RL.))

"I'll...try to do it, though I'm not versed in the magical arts of what you may call 'magic'."

Left.

Follow Rodri.

Identify Glass Flask.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 06:52:07 am »

"The only thing I know about potions is how to drink them."

Follow the group left.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 02:31:44 pm »

You all proceed left on the walkways above, when you enter the tunnel it is as crude as before, There are a few crude torches stuck to the wall loosely, some of them not lit, while others are going out.
Lia looks at the potion as she spins it slowly, You honestly have no clue what this could do.

Eventually you come across a much brighter light source, more consistent across a corner, as you cross it, the exit of this tunnel leads to a ledge, with poorly made stairs going down into a much larger room with a few old crates and barrels, in the center there is a larger pile of them, while on the top sits a wild looking kobold, a sword made of bone next to him with a large suspicious black 'X' on it. He is covered in strange furs with a bone helmet, impractical horns sticking out of each side. On his lap there seems to be a shield made of wood with a ribcage around it. With further scanning you notice two other kobolds, one holding a crude bone club, and another has a rusty iron dagger along with a poorly carved wooden shield. None of them seem to have noticed you.
Along the walls of the room you can see holes where these ferals must enter and leave from. None of you could reach them, and only Jerri could fit in them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »

"Do you want to try diplomacy?" Rodri whispers to Jerri. "I know they are wild, but I'm asking just in case you feel like trying it."
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 06:06:55 pm »

"They're killers. We're in their turf. Do you sneak into camps of human bandits to ask about their recent raids? It would be no different .. See that one with the horns? That's the leader. If he goes down, the rest will be easier. Try to sneak up on him." Jerri whispers back, slightly annoyed at the question.

Wait for Rodri to get into position, then cast an ice shard at the leader's torso when they learn we're here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »

"I know it, and the thing about the leader is pretty obvious, but I just wanted to make sure." Rodri whispered back. "You would be surprised with the amount of idiots that could try to reason with bandits. I just wanted to make sure you weren't that kind of idiot."

Sneak up upon the leader and bash his head with the battle hammer.

"Elf, please prepare to heal me just in case. I believe they'll go for the most obvious target."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »

Lia nodded in reply, holding up her right hand to Rodri.

"I'll try to cast a health ward on you instead, for what would occur anyway. I only have one last ounce of energy for healing..."

Spend that on a Healing Ward on Rodri! Acting as a 'bonus' to health that would end after the fight, no matter how much HP was lost or gained.

"And...I reason with bandits..." she said, somewhat more to herself than to the rest in a hushed tone.

Sneak sneak sneak, spear to protect!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54