Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36760 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »

((We are basically waiting for you to sleep. If we go at this rate to get this little section out of the way, we can get to the next day fast.))

The miners shrug at both questions, and with no other options Lia pops open the box, inside is a lone object, a tan book with no images or title on the cover.

Rodri enters the mine, finding his way to the entrance of the caves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »

((Can I facepalm now?))
Get ye book!

"Hows about we make camp here, everyone? The natural bio-luminescence would act as our lighting."

Then sleep.

Strange, I don't feel like sleeping yet somehow I should sleep. I've been taking too many naps...

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »

Lia grabs the book, deciding to set up camp and everyone closes themselves together for the night in this odd cavern.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:35 pm »

Rodri searches for Lia

...and (hopefully) finds the elven woman, bonks her on the head and finally sleeps?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:13:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »

And then Lia was PC'd by Caellath because the player has gone into a spiraling cascade of busy-ness!

Because she got hit on the head, too.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 05, 2012, 08:27:26 pm »

Everyone is asleep but our drunken brawler. Honestly, he's won this fight at this point and i think everyone is dying to get back into the dungeon and start killing crap again. So, let us proceed.

Razgar finishes by placing a lock on the Dwarf's arm, thumping him into the ground as he shouts for surrender, droned out by the audience and the dwarf's own drunken tears. "And we have a winner folks! the new challenger Razgar the orc has won his first fight!" Razgar heads out, grabbing the spoils of 30 coins and taking a nap as he leans over the bar counter.

_______
Day 2

Razgar wakes. He holds his head as he rises from the floor, throbbing as the morning light shines in from a nearby window. The bartender casually cleans a glass, as if hungover orcs are a normal thing. Gonna be a long week.

Lia wakes up, noticing Rodri snoring next to her, she sits upright, waking Rodri as well, the miners rising and the constructs beginning to move from their standing sleep. The cavern is as it was the night before , serene and peaceful. It's a pleasant morning. You wonder why you feel a bruise on your head.

Jerri wakes in his alleyway, it feels like hay... why is there hay in an alleyway? You'll never understand that, nor will you care about that. You stand up, cracking your neck and stretching before you disappear into the morning crowd.

Thranduil wakes up, the burrower curled up next to him with an adorable expression on its face. The reddish horn tapering into its slightly cleaner furry brown body. He picks it up and drapes it over his shoulder as he stands up for the morning. He looks out and notices the city square, he was sleeping surprisingly close, but it's still a gorgeous sight. The morning sunlight reflects on water flowing from a large fountain in the middle, decorated stones coating the ground as groups of people travel throughout the area.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »

Rodri and Lia will head back to town and rest at the temple, preparing to make another run in the dungeon. If they make it there unimpeded, the knight will try to sell the wolves' meat once again.

If they reach the town safely, Rodri will walk a little around calling for volunteers to join the dungeon-crawl. Cue for anyone wanting to join the group.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:59:47 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:07 pm »

Jerri paused in the shadows of another alley to consider his options. A meal was likely out of the question: He had no money, wasn't yet desperate enough to beg, and, looking himself over, he was no longer inconspicuous enough to make stealing worth it. Double checking that he wasn't being watched, he thoughtfully examined his translucent arm. It felt real enough, if a bit tingly when he thought too hard about it, and he could use it just fine, but he was somehow certain enemy attacks would pass through it harmlessly.

He briefly mused about the implications of an occasionally incorporeal arm, and on reaching through people. Maybe he could use it to unlock doors? An image of his arm stuck in a wall flashed through his mind, and he decided to stop thinking on it. He frowned as he looked at at the bloodstains on his jacket, and wrinkled his nose as he noticed its smell. A few more trips into the dungeon and he'd be completely unable to escape the notice of anything in battle. Well then, a bath was in order.

He decided to first head to the temple. Maybe they had free baths in a side room, or could direct him to somewhere he could get clean for free. Failing that, he could just drench himself with a few buckets from a well. It would be better than nothing, he guessed.

After that, he would head to the dungeon entrance to regroup with his new companions.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »

"Hey Jerri, catch." Rodri said before tossing a piece of wolf meat to the small kobold without further notice. "Dunno if you can find a way of cooking it, but you do look like you could use a nibble on something more solid."
>Yes?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2012, 12:05:09 am »

Head to the dungeon entrance.

(( Im in. ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:07:04 am by mesor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:59 am »

Seeing Rodri's inclination, Lia turned to the miners. "On second thought, leave the cube for now. I have another duty to perform. Apologies for this quick interruption."

As she walked along with Rodri, she whispered at him, despite the lack of anyone around. "Why didn't you tell me earlier that you needed me?"

Lia will do whatever Rodri wants, because she trusts him that much.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 06, 2012, 06:00:47 am »

The orc looked at the bartender, turned around, stood up and waggled out of the tavern. Once outside, he began walking towards the dungeon's entrance.

''I-I should get to the dungeon entrance, I guess...''

He hated headaches, but at least he got some money now...

Go to the dungeon entrance and wait for the rest of the party.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:05 am »

[...]Cue for anyone wanting to join the group.

((Hello Skyrunner and anyone else who has submitted a sheet. Please state your intro posts soonish after GM posts.  :D))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #493 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:26 am »

((Disclaimer: I'm following exactly what Caellath told me to do.))

Annatto Roucou appears and says,

"Hi. I'd like to join in whatever you idiots are doing right now."

((Okay, not quite exactly.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:43:15 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 06, 2012, 08:46:58 am »

Lia bowed as she saw the newcomer, "We're heading to the dungeon soon enough, and thanks for the compliment. You are...?"

She looked at the new spear she gained from the Eye Beast, then back at Annatto.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54