Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36771 times)

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #450 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:58 am »

The silly dwarf didn't even hurt him!

Punch the man in the face.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2012, 02:48:56 pm »

Lia walks to an unexplored area of the cavern, looking for anything of interest. She almost slips, using her lantern to see a sudden drop, deep below she sees some sort of light source, bluish and serene.

Thranduil searches the  edge of the forest, sifting through bushes and around trees, the plains nearby barren of life, most sleeping. He suddenly spots a small dark red object, he nears it, and sees a large patch of bleeding horns. He grasps one of them, not looking at it clearly as he tugs it, it gives resistance, but finally he pulls out... Odd. It's attached, an actual horn to a small creature, much like the size of a squirrel, the appearance similar too. It has a small tail and is a light shade of brown with little clumps of dirt in its fur. It peacefully sleeps... Good lord it's adorable.

------------------------------------------------------
Razgar pulls his arm back and aims to punch the dwarf in the face. Your arm swivels around and you trip over your own feet.
-------------------------------------------
The dwarf charges at you, flailing his arms in drunken fury, launching himself onto your right arm. (5 damage)... Dear god, he's biting you.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

"Awww it's so cute and when it gets big it can gore people to death with its horn
Continue searching the forests edge for the mushrooms, Take the cute little creature with me.

(( Woho I get a pet. Can I keep it? ))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:07:23 pm by mesor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:24 pm »

Rodri's feet slightly dug into the ground once again as he kept his balance. He was bloodied and slightly battered, but the combat was nearing its end. It was only a matter of time now...

His warm, crimson blood dripped down from his clothes and armor, staining the grass and the dirt as he once more rushed in for an attack, decided to end it.

Swing both weapons at the wolf's same leg, giving priority to the sword's slash.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 04, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Razgar screams as the dwarf bites his arm and blood pours from the fresh wound.

''Argh! Get off me!''

He looks down at his opponent's filthy pants. That should do it.

Kick him in the groin.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:36:59 pm by Atilliano »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 04, 2012, 08:41:07 pm »

((I guess you could keep it if you want. I enjoy throwing random things at you, even if they have no meaning except fleshing out objects you can find in this world.))

Upon closer inspection, Thranduil finds that the other thigns in the ground, are indeed, mushrooms. Very clever, this little thing takes the appearance of the mushrooms so..... you have no clue. But, you do pick all the mushrooms that you can conveniently carry.

------------------------------------------------------
Rodri grins as he swings both of the weapons into the wolf's leg, the hammer coming first and crushing the leg with the blow. (4 damage) The sword going past it and slashing the next leg almost completely off. (4 damage)
-------------------------------
The wolf drops down out of pain.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

Rodri grinned slightly before returning to a focused expression. The rest would be easy from that moment on...

Use both weapons to chop off the wolf's weakened leg.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:01:55 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

Return to the mage, Give him the mushrooms and claim my reward and ask him if he knows what my new friend is and for any details he has about it especially what it eats. Also ask if the location of more of the mushrooms is worth a bonus.

(( Sweet I wonder if it can grow up and become a little companion to fight at my side. It would be a pretty awesome turn of events that in the process of collecting mushrooms I find a cute little friend who enjoys brutally goring things that threaten me to death. Wouldn't that just be so precios..... Yea im gonna stop now im scaring myself but yea cute little friend that kills things for me sounds good. ))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:01:28 pm by mesor »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »

Thranduil returns, the small creature still sleeping and draped over a shoulder. When he enters the house the mage greets him. "You have them! great!" He looks up at your shoulder. "Well, not every day you see people bringing back a burrower." You ask him what exactly it is. "Well, you pulled one out of the ground not knowing what it is? Well, it's a small creature that takes the color of roots, digging itself underground. It has a unique horn on it's head, as an infant the horn is very soft and takes no form, but it finds a local low-ground flora and through an unknown process the horn takes the shape. For the rest of its life it will most likely linger around these as camouflage, but will not hesitate to leave if given the opportunity of food or companionship. As you heard previously, we call them burrowers, though the true name of their species is a Plia." He releases a breath, taking the mushrooms from your arms and placing them onto a table. He yells out a name. "Lohen!" Suddenly you hear quick footsteps coming down the stairs. You see a clearly elven man, thick glasses and short brown hair rush down the stairs, a deep blue robe covering his whole body. "Ah! Did you get the mushrooms?" He steps up next to the man, having the appearance of being younger than the mage. He shakes your hand "Thanks, it could have taken a lot of time, which I don't have, to find those."

----------------------------------------
It's safe to say that Rodri then kills the wolf, taking out a leg the next turn keeping it stunned, etc.

He stands triumphant over the dead wolves, a bit of blood drawn really, but nothing major. Now... what to do with them?

Starved wolf
HP-6
LHP-5
Strength- 4
Defense- 1 (hide)
Attacks- bite- 2-4, 60 accuracy

Rodri exp- 93%

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:17 pm »

Ask the mage politely for my payment for getting him the mushrooms.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 04, 2012, 09:38:07 pm »

"Light source? Halt, everyone!"

Call attention to the rest of the miner team, point out significant finding.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 04, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »

Get water and herbs on the way town, dragging both corpses there. Upon arrival try to harvest everything with the careful application of a knife, focusing on extracting the hides of the wolves entirely, including the parts on the loped off legs. Extract and keep claws and bones, put the "head" part of one of the hides over the knight's helm, with the rest of the hide hanging behind. The upper part of the wolves' skulls should keep their teeth and be used over the armor's shoulderguards. Meat should also be stored.

All the process should follow careful steps of skinning and butchering, using water and herbs to clean off the smell of death.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2012, 11:24:08 am »

Thranduil politely asks for payment. The mage responds. "Oh, of course." He hands you a bag, jingling with the sound of clanking metal.
+20 coins

Lia calls over the miners, them peering over the edge, "Yup, something's certainly down there."

Rodri collects what he needs as he arrives at the edge of the mining camp. Carefully and time consumingly he carves the corpses clean. Placing the pelt of one of the hides on his helmet, and placing the skulls on the shoulders.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2012, 12:07:15 pm »

Rodri was slightly satisfied with his spoils. Maybe the meat of wolf could be worth something in the mining camp, after all, meat was not exactly bountiful around and the pieces he just got were fresh, even if they couldn't be considered high-quality. With some luck, he could find someone tired of eating the same thing over and over...And he heard dwarves basically ate every single part of everything except in the case of sentient animals.

Try to sell the wolves' meat around the mining camp (try dwarves), then sleep somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:32:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2012, 04:03:02 pm »

Return to the board in the town and see if any additional jobs have been advertised then go to sleep with my furry friend.

(( When does the next group go out? ))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:34:31 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54