Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36783 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:23 pm »

Knock on the door, When he answers ask the mage what kind of help he needs and much much more importantly whats in it for me.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:28 pm »

Rodri gave a small leap back and clenched his teeth, preparing both weapons for another swing. Attacking the crippled one was the priority...As long as he killed the downed one swiftly, the remaining wolf would not pose much of a problem, although he was interested in their ability to attack his weak spots and cut through his armor with relative ease, even if the hits did not prove much of a threat.

His hands gripped both weapons firmly, blood dripping from both of them and dropping to the dirt ground, mingling with the leaves and his own droplets of blood which fell as he moved in a focused combat stance. Wolves were most certainly a challenge when not alone...

Swing both weapons at the downed wolf's "other leg" (the one which just took damage), giving priority to the sword's swing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »

"Continue on, I'll just inspect this image here. We seem safe for the moment, but keep your vigil; this isn't linked to the dungeon."

Inspect engraving @ wall!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »

((So how does one join in? Is the party split right now? I'm a little confused))
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #439 on: October 03, 2012, 05:44:23 am »

((So how does one join in? Is the party split right now? I'm a little confused))

This.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 03, 2012, 08:25:35 am »

The world spins around him as he hears the man talk about... About what?
Doesn't matter really. What matters is that dwarf over there.

I'm gonna show him how dangerous drunken orcs are.
I mean just look at him. He seems so... vulnerable.
Or is that the drink fooling him?

Try to get close to the dwarf and kick him in the stomach.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

((To join, you can pretty much try to meet up with another member, it's fairly easy as some areas are crowded, you could even do subquests or somesuch to pass the time. And yes, teh party is freaking everywhere.))

Thranduil Knocks on the door, after a short time, and the soft thump of footsteps, the door clicks open and a thin man, a clean smooth face showing that he's young. "Ah, you must be here about that request, come in!" He brings you inside, you instantly see many potions and odd equipment strewn about on tables and shelves. "So, you must be wondering what I want you for, I actually need you to go off into the woods and find some bleeding horns, a mushroom found near forest edges, a simple task, no?" He hands you a quick sketch of a mushroom, it takes the form of a horn, with a dark red tip tapering into a pale green at the bottom.

Lia steps up to the wall, holding her lantern up to it as it lights up the contours of the image. Below it are words engraved in the stone. "The ones to defeat the the demon of the deep, will lead to the demise of the low ones." The words  are very well detailed, swirling into the image above. The image, it's of that horrid figure that was on the second floor of the dungeon.

----------------------------------
Rodri tears towards the wolf's leg, slicing it off completely, (4 damage) while the hammer drives into its head, knocking a tooth out. (3 damage)
--------------------------
Wolf 1 lunges directly at Rodri and bites into his chest. (3 damage) LHP chest 12
Wolf 2 is on the ground, rolling in pain.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 03, 2012, 05:14:35 pm »

Go into the forest and look for the bleeding horns.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 03, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »

Rodri knows it is needed. Either his life or theirs. Tonight, it will be theirs.

Swing both weapons at one the downed wolf's remaining legs, aiming to slice it off and finally kill it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 03, 2012, 08:14:09 pm »

Memorize the saying and the image of the engraving before moving on.

Take down the saying as a note.

Second floor...Low ones...they have a hierarchy?

The ones to defeat the the demon of the deep, will lead to the demise of the low ones.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 03, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »

Solomon stomps into the tavern.

"Who want help grundy with adventure?!?!?!" He bellows to the crowd.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:12 pm »

Thranduil nods and heads off into the woods, bumbling about as he finds absolutely nothing. You really have to word it right to find anything.

Lia Takes a mental note of the engraving. She speculates as to what it means. She hears a miner yell out a short word of victory, he probably found evidence of a mineral vein.

---------------------------------------------------------
Rodri Swings the weapons, the sword swinging first as it slices the leg cleanly off, the hammer crushing the other one. (Not bothering with damage rolls, minimum would do this) You stand victorious over the newly quadriplegic wolf, it is essentially harmless and should bleed out in half a minute.
--------------------------------------------------
The wolf, seeing its soon to be dead friend, fills with rage and gets its tooth caught on Rodri's armor as it bites at his leg. (2 damage) Left leg- 5 LHP

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »

He could not blame the wolf for being furious at him; he would also be so in his situation.

Attack its right front leg with both weapons once more.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2012, 12:03:26 am »

"Just tell me what I can do to aid you all. Waiting to just heal people isn't practical, from where I see it."

Check on the forefront!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2012, 03:16:11 am »

Go to the edge of the forest and slowly and carefully search for and collect as many of the bleeding horns mushrooms as can be found
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:32:37 am by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54