Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36780 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #420 on: October 01, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »

"Oh, you heard my conversation? Yes actually, I do have trouble with the wildlife, but it isn't exactly normal occurrences. Something is going on, most likely a rogue spellcaster, that's scaring all the animals. My cabin is actually warded, so the animals seek refuge in there. That's a problem, because several times a day dangerous animals enter my site and have to be scared off, I already had to fight one bear with several other woodcutters. What I'm asking you to do is find out, and stop whatever's causing these animals to act up."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:38 pm »

"Hmm, thanks. I'll check up with the rest of my group." Rodri answers before turning back. A rogue spellcaster actually sounded a dangerous problem...He would need more help, and even if only to check on things, he would need the elf to heal him in case things went awry.

He remembered having spotted her near the smithy then leaving towards the temple. Maybe they would know where she was from there. The young knight promptly broke into a short sprint towards the building, prepared to find the rest of the group afterwards.

((May I assume he asks around at the temple and is able to find out where she went and go there afterwards?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:37 am »

From here

"Healing the wounded is where I'm needed. Lead me the way there and provide a light source, an enclosed lantern would do nicely." the Elf said, thinking about her allies at the same time.

It was night, one just like any other in which she wished nobody else would need her help at the time.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 02, 2012, 01:36:53 am »

Go to the town hall and ask if anybody has a job that needs doing.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27:57 am »

Right. That's why I was looking for the others; money.

See if I there's any kind of game being played in the tavern.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »

Rodri talks around the temple, eventually figuring out that Lia left for a mining camp for aiding any injured there. He decides to follow, Leaving the town gates and wandering off into the woods, the moon shines through the trees, lighting the ground as he walks through the forest. His peaceful walk is suddenly interrupted with a howl, he swivels around to see two starved wolves slowly growling and walking towards him. This is going to be a long night...

Lia graciously accepts a lantern that was handed to her as she walks in the mines, slowly the clanking of mining gets louder and louder, until she sees the miners themselves, she is relieved to see that none are hurt. Suddenly though, they stop, when Lia steps up, she asks one of the constructs mining what happened. It responds in a calm voice, coming from the magic that keeps it alive. "We seem to have found a cave system..."

Thranduil enters the town hall, seeing three main bulletin boards with things pinned up on them. There is a desk with a young Elf sitting in it, writing things down as he pauses for moments to think of what else there is to write. An Orc in ragged clothing is reading a board, as if he's been here for a while.

Razgar begins his search for any games of sorts going on. He seemingly cant find anything, but suddenly he hears intense cheering from outside the back door. He quickly steps out to find a dirty ring, torches lighting the walls while tough looking men of all races stand around cheering on two bruised dwarves as they swing punches at eachother. The moonlight gives a blue glow to everyone here. It seems this is some sort of fighting ring...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:12 pm »

Lia nodded, knowing the extensive find a cavern would bring.

"Are you ready to breach it? My healing is at the ready unless I hear anyone scream or such."

Get at the ready. Listen for screaming or general hollering.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 02, 2012, 03:52:43 pm »

Rodri sighed and hardened his face behind the faceplate of his helm, rolling the hilt of his sword along his fingers.
"You could simply leave me be..."

The knight didn't want to kill any wild animals if he could avoid it, but starving wolves would hardly be convinced to turn back at a sight of an armored knight and loud noises...It seemed a fight to death. So be it. His greaves sunk slightly in the dirt ground of the forest, ruffling a few dead leaves as he prepared his fighting stance, steadying his hips and arms.

Wait for one of them to approach then swing both weapons at its right front leg, giving more weight for the hammer swing (and making it hit first).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:09:29 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 02, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

Read the bulletin board.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 02, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

(Oh yeah! Bring on the pit-fights!)

Hmm... He hadn't been in a fight like this since his leg went to shit.
If it was the only way to get money, he'd have to do this...

''Who's organising these fights? I'd like to join in.''

Find the person that can get me in the ring.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 02, 2012, 04:21:47 pm »

The construct nods as the other miners fully break the wall. They breached only a few feet off of the floor of the cavern, leaving a minor drop. There are 6 miners there total, 3 constructs, 2 dwarves, and a human. They walk along the walls of the cavern, searching for any evidence of mineral veins or gemstones. An engraved wall catches your attention, it seems to have some kind of image depicted on it. That's odd for a cavern, this obviously isn't linked to the dungeon...

Thranduil steps up to the board. Three papers catch his eye. They are as follows: "Cabbage farmer, needs help picking crop." "High mage, needs assistance." "Dread elementalist, needs someone to gather materials."

Razgar looks around, quickly finding the man who looks to be rich, he has a peculiar type of braid in his beard, taking bets and overall winning money. You step up to him, asking for where you can join in. He replies, speaking at an incredible speed. "You're going to join in? Perfect! First you gotta know the rules. One, these are nonlethal fights, we have some class up here. Two, first one to break one of the other's limbs, wins! Three, you have to be completely intoxicated for these matches! We'll give you the drink, but that seals you in to the fighting, is it a deal sir?" He snaps his hand over to you for a handshake.

----------------------------------------------------------
Rodri waits until a wolf nears, then swings his weapons in co-ordination at the wolf. The sword misses, but the hammer digs into its leg, causing it to release a yelp of pain. (8 damage)
----------------------------------------------------------
Wolf 1 leaps at Rodri's chest, gnashing its teeth at it causes a bruise past his armor. (3 damage)
Wolf 2, retaliating from Rodri's damage, jumps straight at his throat, but hits low and causes a small bit of blood to begin dripping. (3 damage)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:26:13 pm by exolyx »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 02, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

Visit the mage and ask what he needs help with.

(( What kind of magic can I use? ))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:35:20 pm by mesor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 02, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

Rodri only smiles as the blood drips from his flesh...These are nothing but a scratch; the pain when his arm was torn off had been far worse, almost causing him to break his teeth as he clenched them in defiance, his breath ragged and his face contorting.

The knight quickly regained his stance and sunk his feet inside the dirt, roaring loudly as he swung once more, prioritizing the swing of the sword this time.

Swing once more at the same wolf, giving the sword more impulse and hitting the same leg.
>Yes?

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 02, 2012, 04:58:38 pm »

Even though the man was talking fast, Razgar could follow every word he said.

''Intoxicated, eh? Never done that before. Guess now could be the first time.
All right, I'm in. Get me the drink and I'll break a few people's bones as well as their pride.''

Time get money through good and honest fighting.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 02, 2012, 07:55:27 pm »

((Magic spells work in different ways, some are restricted to gods, some are restricted to classes, while there are others which have no restrictions.))

Thranduil Decides to head off to help the mage, finally he arrived at a large house, with a large wooden door at the front. It seems quite old and well furnished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodri swings again at the wolf with his weapons, hitting with both, while the sword slices the leg cleanly off, (6 damage) the hammer hitting the other leg hard. (3 damage)
-------------------------------------------------
Wolf 1 lunged at Rodri again, (3 damage)
Wolf 2 dropped down in pain after it lost a leg.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Razgar grins as he takes the first goblet, downing several before he stands up and stumbles over to the waiting area. With more cheering, the previous match ends. He walks up to his opponent, the crowd's cheering subsiding. From the side of the arena, the man shouts out. "On this side, we have Razgar, an orc whom is new to the area, let's hope he's got as much promise as he looks! On the other side, we have an old timer, his name is Kogor, standing at 4'5" a hardy dwarf from the mountain nation of Toril, he's an experienced drinker and loves to get in drunken brawls! Let's get brawling!"

Drunken fighting rules- damage and accuracy are skewed with the alcohol, but still usable.
Punch- 4-5 damage, 50 accuracy
Kick- 5-7 damage, 40 accuracy
Wild spinning and flailing- 4-9 damage, 20 accuracy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54