Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36785 times)

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Ask for money to buy a shield or something to one of my companions.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2012, 02:49:34 pm »

((Alright, everyone can pretty much wander the town. Maybe sidequests if I'm feeling up for it. You cannot buy spells in town, though you may possibly find some kind of request with that as a reward. You may just meet the party memebers as they wander the streets, you honestly don't have to wait for me to practically repost what you say. (as in, 'I go to the tavern' 'He goes to the tavern.' though try not to ad-lib parts of the town.))

Rodri leaves the Orc there, not bothering to see his reaction.

Jerri begins reading the book. A summary of what he read is here.
     'Lord Rayton Advos of Lyria began his legacy when he created his first golem at age 16, it was primarily for basic service, but he quickly became better, designing and creating dozens of golem designs. Finally when the Fello-Lyrian war began, the enemy forces were shocked and crushed entirely by the force that he led. He designed each individual golem with a specific design in mind. Some based off of defense, armor piercing, attacking, some even could cast magic. Most were made entirely out of stone and magic, though some had metal devices. All were considered with the strength and weaknesses of others in mind. If one had to fight a large group of them they would quickly realize how much stronger they are in groups. Though, it is even rumored that one was made that surpassed the others by far. With powers over other golems, it could easily destroy a small city. Completely loyal to Lord Advos to the end, guarding his tomb to this very day."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2012, 03:13:39 pm »

Rodri sighed as he woke up from his short sleep in the temple. Lately, sleep just hadn't been as fulfilling and restful as it once was, and he wondered the reasons. Maybe being cast out of the "normal" society he had spent most of his life, leaving what little in the way of social relationships and petty, everyday aspirations he once had.

Needless to say, he would see if the night offered something to do and improve his mood.

Check the smithy for any sign of the owner working at late hours. If nothing is found, look for some complaint or work offer in a tavern that may lead to a hint of an useful reward. No drinking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »

Look for work that offers spells as a reward.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »

He'd been wandering town for hours, but couldn't find any of his companions.
Ah, whatever. If they want to disappear then that's their problem.

Walking for hours does make you kind of thirsty though.
There's gotta be a tavern somewhere...

Get drinking!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »

Go sleep near the gate.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2012, 05:14:20 pm »

Check the blacksmith if it is possible to provide some sort of light protection for my arms and legs.

Lia checked the time again, seeing the moon appear in the cloudy sky. There was much to do in this time of rest, and she wanted to speak to most of her companions. Rodri would be the first, the blacksmith was the best place he might be going to, seeing the state of his copper arm.

"If only I could heal people better..."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:44 pm »

((You cant just say 'I find a subquest with a spell' You have to actively search around, talking to NPC's and surveying where you could find it. Say, a marketplace or the town hall.))

Those that go to the smithy find that it's closed for the day.

Rodri decides to go to a nearby tavern, one of the few in this town. When he enters, the tavern is still busy, people telling tales and drinking ale. Rodri listens for any information, noticing a gruff man, his beard almost telling you that he's a lumberjack. He seems to be complaining about the local wildlife in the forest, making it difficult to live well.

Jerri finds a nice place to take a nap.

Lia looks about, nothing going on in front of the blacksmith, nobody in sight.

Razgar decides to go into the nearest tavern, when he enters the night is halted with the cozy lantern-light and happy chatter of the drunk wanderers. He steps in, taking in the rich scent as he sits down, suddenly coming the the realization that he has no money. Maybe you can challenge someone to a contest of sorts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2012, 06:31:06 pm »

Rapping on the door didn't help, Lia couldn't see the usual heat of the forge or the reminiscent clang of the hammers. The bellows were silent, and for once the air didn't smell like burning coal.

To make matters worse, Rodri and Jerri weren't in sight, as well as that Orc, Rasgar. Must surely be in the nearest tavern.

Drinking.

"Looks like it's just you, me, and this spear, ol' Iren" she said, playfully whirling her Spear as she took hold of the new one recently acquired.

"I wonder if the others name their weapons?"

Go to the nearest Temple and search for one of the abbots or abbeys, or a Priest or any of the clergy to talk to. Even a beggar would suffice! Ask if they need any aid or healing or perhaps, something to aid them.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

Lia enters the temple, seeing a few priests of several gods. She recognized a priestess of Neli, and stepped up to her. Asking if there was anything she could do with healing.
"Oh great! we do actually have something that you could help with. There's an old mining camp in the woods that some constructs and a few other people work in, and it's obviously pretty dangerous work, so it would be great if you could help them, there certainly is a need for healing."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

Lia thanked the priestess after asking her blessing, deciding to head straight to yon camp and to examine the area.

Miners, probably suffering from callus...or perhaps gas? Mine gas, the poisonous thing...wait, they'd be dead if so.

Well, no work better than your work!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

Lia travelled to the camp marked on her map. It was a peaceful trip, the moonlight illuminating the calm forest. She eventually saw a campfire, when she arrived she saw a campfire with some men sitting around it, pots of soup cooking and tents emanating snores. The faint noise of pickax strikes come from the mine shaft. She greets the miners, asking if any injured are nearby.
"Well, not here, but you can check in the mines. Sometimes someone will get hurt and end up stuck in there."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »

Talk to the lumberjack, checking if he has a task at hand.

Rodri was curious about what kind of animals would be preventing them from living properly.
"Hello, Sir."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »

"Huh? What do you want?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:15 pm »

"How badly has wildlife been bothering you? And what kind of animals have been doing it?" Rodri asks. "I am looking for small jobs to complete, but I would like details so I may help you get rid of problems."

The knight stares at the lumberjack, tapping on the pommel of his sword to show he had the means to do good to his word.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54