Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36773 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2012, 01:34:53 pm »

Get a Replacement Limb of Founs.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »

You three head back to the entrance without a hitch, to find the demon waiting for you.
"Alright let me see what you have." He looks at the scroll you brought back. "Ah, this right here is a scroll of communication. It lets you see and speak to one person of your choice while they can see and speak to you, as long as you know their general location."

The three of you arrive at the temple, it is still late at night, but the moonlight gives the temple a pleasant glow. The shrine room you enter is mostly barren with a few benches along the sides, once Rodri and Lia sit down, their wounds begin to heal. Jerri proceeds to the altar, and stands, waiting. Slowly, dust begins to rise up from the floor, forming into the appearance of an arm. It gradually loses the gray appearance of dust, and begins to take the appearance of a translucent amber. Jerri looks at his hand, seeing clearly through it while it catches light and glows warmly, his other wounds healing quickly.

Jerri's left arm is now 1st tier Founs. The arm has the normal functions of his other arm, but if attacked, the attacking weapon will pass through the arm and the enemy will have to target another limb the next turn. If enemy has knowledge of the arm, they will not target it.
(Note: If a limb is already replaced (for any god) you can get it turned to normal at an altar, or have it improved once you reach the next tier.)

Rodri leaves once he is at full strength, arriving at the blacksmith. He drops the large stone blade onto the counter, the chain still dangling off of it.
"That's certainly something people don't bring into my shop very often. I take you want it turned into something usable?" Rodri nods.
"Well, I suppose the first thing to do would be find a way to get this thing to not be so god awful heavy, permanently. I'd advise just waiting here until you find some permanent enchantment for it or so."

The potion would sell for 30 coins.

Experience-
Rodri-2- 45%
Jerri-2- 45%
Lia-2- 45%

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2012, 02:38:56 pm »

Team Finances:
Jerri: 0 coins (spent 40)
Rodri: 10 coins (spent 20)
Lia: 30 coins (spent 0)

"Sure then. Jerri, do you want to keep the potion of invisibility? It may still be useful, and I think it may be in good taste to keep it." Rodri said before looking around the stalls. Maybe they had cheap health potions somewhere around...

Look for cheap health potions.

Lia: Follow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2012, 04:31:08 pm »

"Yeah .. I'll go find somewhere to sleep."

Look around for free lodgings or an out-of-the-way place to sleep.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »

Rodri heads off after handing Jerri the potion, arriving at the market. The night shows a scattered few people on the street, only a few stalls open. He is able to find a stall with what he's looking for though.
an old dwarf sits at the stall, his graying hair standing out. His beard tied into a braid with rope. his stall has several potions strewn about, though you can recognize the box labeled health. The cheapest health potions are as such:

Petty health potion- 3 health- 10 coins
Minor health potion- 4 health- 15 coins
Health potion- 5 health- 20 coins

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »

"While you're all busy shopping, I'll be checking the locals for any swarthy adventurer-types."

Head to tavern or inn, specifically not the 'rowdy' ones and try to enlist some people!

((Hello new person!))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2012, 08:12:26 pm »

Lia proceeds to the Nearest tavern, when she enters she is invited by the sound of people talking in the well-lit room. The wooden walls have several well placed lanterns overall making this a very homely Inn. Lia scans the crowd as she steps into the room.

((Atilliano has been PMed.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

Rodri actually follows Lia as she heads off, since he doesn't have enough cash to spend; he stops by her side and scans the immediate area, narrowing his eyes.

"I hope we find someone reasonable..."

Look for an adventurer (yes, the PC).
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2012, 02:22:12 am »

In the back of the inn, you notice a large armored figure leaning against the wall. You can tell from the shape of the armor that it's a he, and from the size of the person that it must be an orc.

He doesn't seem to have noticed you, or just doesn't care. You can't really tell since he is wearing a helmet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2012, 06:36:35 am »

Lia strode into the tavern, glad that the Temple and it's caretakers helped her out into new robes and bandaged her wounds -- they would need more work on them, but just seeing them sealed was more than enough.

"Hey Rodri, I've been thinking...Hows about we commit to an argument, hmm? That'll get these people's attention." she said, peering at the rest of the inn-goers.

Argue with Rodri about a personal challenge to go deeper into the dungeon. Shout it out like it mattered greatly to me.

((Heh.  :P I can't RP Caellath though.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »

"I'm not going to go around asking nicely for people to join. Either they want to or they don't." Rodri said, taking off his knight's helmet and heading to the center of the tavern.

"Hey! We're braving the dungeon and we may need someone else to go with us. If anyone is interested, talk now or we'll just try the next tavern." he yelled, uncaring about some of the people giving him nasty looks. He wasn't gonna go around looking for people who needed to be nudged or persuaded into joining.
>Yes?

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »

Razgar listened to the human just bluntly asking for volunteers. Well, there was the group he needed to actually make a chance of surviving the dungeon.

He stepped forward and looked at the man.

''I like your style, and you look like you've seen some battle.''

He shrugs.

It's not like I've got anything better to do, anyway.''

With that he walks up to the group and stands beside them.

''When will we head out?''

Joins the group.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:54 pm »

The knight turned to face the orc and examined him for some time.
"Thanks. We're heading out as soon as possible. Right now, preferentially."

Leave for the dungeon with the group when they get ready.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2012, 02:26:20 pm »

((Characters have been added to the second of my posts on the first page, for convenience.))

The three of you meet up with the heavily armored Orc, agreeing that you could go together, head off to the dungeon yet again, arriving at the entrance as you look into the dark expanse of the dungeon, torches lighting the way.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

"Let's check the place we found those golems before."

Head to the spot the group fought the last golems.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54