Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36745 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »

Surprised by how straightforward the man was, Lia decided to do what she was currently best at.

Resting.

"If there is anyway I can at least restore my energy for healing you all, other than sleep and natural rest, please tell me..."

Do so while sticking with the others.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

"Were you expecting something from him? He's a businessman, he strikes the best deals for him."

Go to the Altar, get healed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:18 pm »

Jerri lifts the tablet, expecting to need help, but it has the weight of paper, As the three of you head to the temple, he reads it. Strange symbols he's never seen before seem to make sense, spelling out words in a language he never learned, giving him knowledge of the arcane.
Jerri's max spell damage increased, damage now 2-5.
The temple is very serene, the moonlight giving the building a much calmer glow. Jerri and Lia simply wait as Rodri steps up to his altar, as copper seemingly forms out of nothing and begins to form into an arm where his stump is, finally when it finishes, you can see the lines of his muscles made in the copper, spots darkened and brightened by the reflected light.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2012, 01:36:04 pm »

"It just had to be copper, alright...Jerri, what did you learn from that tablet?"

Examine tablet...did I rest yet? If not, Rest.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:54 pm »

"I was actually expecting my regular one." Rodri says, flexing his arm and testing his fingers carefully. It seems to act flawlessly, as if it was his real one.

"But on the bright side my arm is now more resilient. I'll keep it." the knight completes, making a fist with his copper hand and getting his battle hammer back.

Go to the blacksmith and check on prices of materials for smithing.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2012, 02:18:18 pm »

Rodri heads out as Lia rests more. When he arrives at the blacksmith, nobody is there but the blacksmith. "You come for something?"
Rodri asks for what he wants.
"Oh, materials. Well, let me show you."
he pulls out an old, singed paper, on it is listed as follows:
Copper bar- 20 coins
Iron bar- 40 coins
Bronze bar- 50 coins
Steel bar- 100 coins
Wood block- 10 coins.
Leather pelt- 30 coins
-Other materials are either up do smith's discretion, or not publicly available. If wish for them, find in dungeon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 02:19:32 pm »

Jerri looked up as the elf spoke and answered giddily. "I think I can channel more power into my spells without hurting myself now. I can't wait to get back to the dungeon and try it."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2012, 02:26:05 pm »

Lia returned the look, "Where did you learn that? Well, it looks like Rodri will be pretty happy to know that. Let's just wait on him and recuperate our...erm, let's just rest in the meantime?

"Anyway, I didn't know kobolds could use magic, much less be adept at it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2012, 02:29:45 pm »

After nodding to the blacksmith and thanking him, Rodri got back to his group.
"Back to the dungeon it is, I suppose. I'll ask the demon what is the object I found."

Dungeon, ask the demon what is the "gray translucent fluid within a glass flask".
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 02:37:05 pm »

Rodri heads back to the others, then all of you head back to the front of the dungeon. Rodri asks the demon, who is leaning against the gate, what the potion is. "Ah, it looks like a minor potion of invisibility. basically if you drink it you'll be fully invisible for 10 minutes, including armor and weapons."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »

Jerri shrugged at the elf's question. "I was taught, same as anybody .. I don't remember a time before I started magic training."

----

"If everything stayed the same, let's go back to where we last fought."

Enter the dungeon! Vote to retrace our steps to where we fought the kobolds, and continue on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2012, 03:00:11 pm »

"I can't say I'd admit it, but onwards we go!"

To battle search the area!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 03:22:06 pm »

"Seems reasonable."

Onwards to the area previously explored.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:58 pm »

You three enter the dungeon, feeling familiar as you tread through the stone hallways. The smell inviting you further in. Eventually you reach the room where the kobolds were before, but the room is now barren, old boxes taken away into the holes in the walls, sealed off with large rocks and crate lids. There is nothing else you can get to in the room.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:53 pm »

Get back to the cross, try the path straight forward.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54