Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36740 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:55 pm »

((I knew it could happen. I was actually hoping it would, since I can get a copper arm out of it. :P))

Rodri winced and bit down on his tongue, supressing the pain as his arm was ripped off with ease by the creature, blood, bone and marrow splattering the floor and walls of the surroundings. Even then, he didn't waver, quickly moving to step backwards.

"Shh, I already suspected that would happen...I just didn't want you in the line of fire just yet."

Retreating attack to its back structures, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:32:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

Lia was embarrassed.

Mostly because of her quick retort about her ally, when it was pretty obvious that he was protecting her and Jerri from the beast...

"Sorry Rodri..."

With fierce determination of his lost appendage, Lia STRIKES THE SAME PLACE Rodri is!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »

You all direct your attacks onto its torso,
Rodri swings his sword onto its back, cleanly slicing off one of the cylinders from its back (5 damage)
Jerri chills the air, sending a bolt of ice through a cylinder, blocking off the steam inside. (2 damage)
Lia, fueled by an apologetic rage, thrusts her spear into its chest, releasing a floodgate of its dark blood onto her spear, staining it black. (4 damage)
--------------------------------
The beast drops down, mouth gaping open as its black skin slowly flakes away, like ashes in the wind, leaving the red glowing body to dissipate into the air with a weak breeze. Left behind, all of you see a leather-bound book, it creeps you out just by looking at it. on the cover, in large gothic letters, it reads 'Mohe:water'

Steaming behemoth (lvl. 3)(demon)
HP-15
LHP- 8
Strength- 8
Defense- 3 (natural)
Attacks-
Bite- 60-% accuracy 2-6 damage
Rend- 40% accuracy 3-7 damage
Abilities- On fourth turn, -1 defense, +2 damage on one attack.

Exp:
Rodri level up- level 2, no stat increase (1 more level, heheh)
Lia level up- level 2, no stat increase
Jerri level up- level 2, no stat increase

Rodri exp- 24%
Lia exp- 24%
Jerri exp- 24%

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »

"I'll hold that damnation over there. The Book. Also, Rodri, would you like me to carry your arm or..."

Lia began wiping off the blood on the grass nearby, though messy, was just as effective. She hoped the grass would be alright.

"Hopefully we aren't attacked as we head back. Whatever is in this book must be related to this...thing."

Be controlled by Caellath! Or Nirur.  :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:17:37 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01:38 am »

((Can I get that 1 LHP from the potion? D:))

"I'll carry my arm, just get the book." Rodri said before sighing. At least the girl seemed to have understood his intentions after he talked to her.

Get arm and battle hammer, check for any nearby loot that may have passed unnoticed then move on to complete the mission.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2012, 07:55:47 am »

"I think I should carry the book, as he asked me to get it .. And I think there's a spell that goes off when it gets opened."

Try to get the book, but don't fight over it. Search the room for anything that could be used to tie it shut, even a piece of old cloth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:32 am »

"Err, good idea. I guess I wasn't listening that much...Was musing on the dream I had. It was about a sunny day..."

Book > Jerri.

"In the meantime, I'll just check this cabin for anything suspicious, then we can go, ok?"

Search cabin for said suspicions related to the book, or anything related to magic. Then leave with the rest, occasionally looking at Rodri's stump of an arm.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:28 am »

Everybody grabs their things as Rodri searches the cabin more thoroughly, even though its almost completely barren, he finds a gray translucent fluid within a glass flask, acting much like water, but not quite.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2012, 09:13:38 am »

As Rodri stepped out of the cabin unscathed, Lia smiled. "Looks like no danger comes but the passage of time! Let's move!"

The dark of night was surreal -- beautiful, yet carrying the semblance of danger in the shadows that lurked past the wayside. The moon was in it's full glory in the skies above, shining it's blessed light for the travelers below as they made their way back to the city. The tall grass undulated in the breeze as they neared the gates.

All was peaceful once more.

((Head back!  :P))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2012, 12:32:18 pm »

The three of you arrive at the town, entering past the lightly guarded walls. There are many places that you should go to, but which first?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:07 pm »

((If I choose to get a copper arm grow, will I be able to get a human one back again by severing the copper one and getting healed at the Altar?))

"Let's just turn in that book first." Rodri growled, his arm's stump tattered remains still dripping blood. It still hurt when he was wounded, but at the very least those who held the Mother's Crest were more resilient than your standard creature. Otherwise, he would probably had fainted sooner and maybe died due to unattended bleeding.

Search the merchant, turn in the book.

>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2012, 12:40:43 pm »

"I agree. Maybe he will throw in something extra for speed and ..." Jerri glances at the knight's severed arm "the surprise."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »

"And find a good doctor, I mean shrine, for your...arm."

Lia couldn't help but feel mostly useless as she gazed upon the trail they left behind -- Crimson blood.

"You could've at least let me try to bandage it...I've got spare clothing for the wound."

Map out the area, while searching for our questor.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2012, 01:02:42 pm »

((you can in fact replace a severed arm with a regular one.))

Lia quickly bandages Rodri's stump as they move to the merchant stall.
When they arrive, the merchant is waiting, the market much quieter in the night. "So I see you brought friends. you brought the book though, right?"
Once he gets the book, he quickly opens it, skimming through pages. "Very well, I take it that you didn't read it. I suppose you can take that tablet now, as I promised. Do come back sometime though, maybe I'll show you what this book was for." He seems very nonchalant about Rodri's missing arm, completely unsurprised at it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

Use tablet!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54