Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36736 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2012, 07:07:41 pm »

"Hmm, nothing I can think of at the moment. This man here though could sell you some smithing materials and let you use his anvil, right?"
The blacksmith responds. "Correct."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »

"Ok, you can fix the sword. I may use it as a material for something else later anyway. Thanks."

Pay the 20 coins for getting the sword up to shap and then move onwards to complete that quest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:27 pm »

"Alright then." Quickly he takes the sword as well as 20 coins and heads into a room in the back. Soon after, he comes with a sharpened sword, handing it to you and nodding.

(I'll assume you all want to go to that quest location.)

You three head out of the town, walking until it became dark, once you reached deep into the woods a dark, looming shape begins to be visible. Eventually you reach the cabin, the dark wood cracked and barely maintained. The windows are very dimmed, barely visible inside. Lastly, the door is large and thick, but old and barely attached to the wall.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

"So, we've arrived. This place is befitting of the atmosphere...worn-down house, darkened landscape, unmaintained grass...perfect for a party."

Lia was quiet. From the time Rodri woke her up until the current time, she let the others do the talking as she mused about what else they could be doing when they return to the dungeon. It had seemed that no other person would be willing to join such a group as theirs.

Perhaps it would all change once they gained some fame?

"Any ideas other than rapping on the front door and yelling Hallow's-Eve?"

Inspect the area for passageways inside, listen for any signs of movement while closing my eyes afterwards
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:39:18 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

Look through the window.

"Being silent." he whispered to Lia.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2012, 07:59:08 am »

Stay on guard against an ambush.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:22 am »

Lia creeps around the house. Surprisingly, it has no holes or such, and no way to enter through the front door. You suppose Rodri could tear through a wall, but that would be silly.

Rodri looks through a window, it's very hard to see, but the cabin looks pretty barren. There's what looks like an old table directly next to a wall, and a rickety bookshelf directly to the right of that. It looks like something else is in there, it's hard to make out, but lines of red seem to be visible on some large black figure.

Jerri Stands poised to defend himself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:22 am »

"We cannot be nice here, sadly. The front door is barred. The west wall is barred. The south wall is barred and the eastern wall is not that barred but it's just sporting a window with Rodri looking through it...

"What do you see, Rod? Anything suspicious?"

Check the surroundings of the area, perhaps? Unless Rodri says anything.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2012, 09:16:31 am »

"An old table directly next to a wall, and a rickety bookshelf directly to the right of that. It looks like something else is in there, it's hard to make out" Rodri said as he got back from the window and rapped on the door thrice before trying to open it.

Silently rap on the door then try to open it slowly.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2012, 09:26:27 am »

Rodri raps on the door quietly. No response. He slowly starts opening the door. Soon, they can see in through a visible crack. It's pretty dark, but you have a better viewpoint than the window. Something is in there, red lines are slightly glowing, giving off an ominous light surrounding some dark figure, as if it's some kind of four legged creature. If you were to open the door and get some moonlight on this...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2012, 09:30:07 am »

"Well, I've a feeling of foreboding.

"Here, let me open that door, with the haft of my spear."

Do such, be wary of sudden attack.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2012, 09:31:20 am »

Stand beside the door, ready to cast spells at the creature's torso if it attacks.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:33 am »

"Yeah, use that spear then."

Stand ready with both weapons. Accuracy penalty goes for the sword, by the way.

((Does the off-hand penalty still stand for a ambidextrous character?))
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2012, 10:10:53 am »

((The penalty still happens for dual wielding, but if using only that hand then no, it doesn't))

Lia pushes the door open fully with her spear, a gust of hot air comes from the doorway, you now have a clear view at the thing inside. A creature, slightly larger than a bear, stands in the middle of the cabin, it is four legged, all of which are very thick and muscular, red glowing lines traveling along the contours of muscles, showing you just how strong this is. It appears to have no eyes, but you barely notice that compared to its mouth, though closed now it has nothing blocking your view of foot long spined teeth, made for rending flesh. It has several cylinders on its back, of which steam is rising out of slowly. It suddenly lets out a deep, nerve-racking roar, easily scaring away any nearby wildlife, looking at Lia.

Battle start- off range from creature. (aka. it has to do a charging attack on you, or the other way around)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2012, 10:19:23 am »

"Weapons up! Keep your distance!"

Spear up! Back away until the chokepoint -- the doorway. Defend!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54