Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36699 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (magic, gods, and lost limbs)
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

*Ahem* Now that everything is finalized I'd really enjoy if everyone can pretty much announce they're ok to begin. The expeditions can obviously be done with less than five, that was just a limit I imposed for later purposes. (the first level is pretty easy, so it can easily be done without a full party.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »

I am fine with beginning now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 02:07:22 pm »

Game start.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »

Alright then, that's pretty much what we need as far as attention. People will just make their moves as time goes on. 3 full characters is enough for now.
*Ahem...*

You 3 proceed to one of the many dungeon gates. At the front of it is a large circle of chalk, as you step close to it a fire bursts forth, contained inside the circle, even the heat. As the flames subside, in the center of the charred dirt waits a demon, similar to the one that introduced you to the town, but the crest glows a faint red and goes across his right shoulder. In a coarse voice, he begins.
"Welcome to the dungeon and tomb of lord Vorall, might archmage, Lifebringer and keeper of the golem race, tamer of the Grukk Demon tribe, slayer sort-of of the dread dragon 'Vylass, Herald of death'. Many adventurers of your type have met their end in this foul crypt in search of treasure, just as many have found their fortune. Woe be to those who attempt to proceed further than the tenth floor, furthest than any have gone before. Fame awaits you and those who come with you." He clears his throat after this.
"Now that that crap is out of the way, Here's your gate, all of you are now bound to it, and cannot enter the gates of another group. Unbound people can enter your dungeon if a bound member allows it, or if all the bound members are dead. Either way I don't care, because if the gate closes then I go home. If it doesn't close, I get paid better and I can build something like a cabin over here, because I'm physically bound to this gate. I suppose I'll give a rundown of the first floor, being that you'll be going into it when you choose to. There are mostly constructs stationed throughout in order to provide a minimal challenge, but over the years feral kobolds eventually found out this nice place to live and decided to take up residence. These aren't your kinda kobold though, these ones never evolved into society, keeping their tribal ways, and murdering wandering travelers for their money. normally civilized races could never enter another's gate, but since they have no real society they eventually waltzed right in and made use of the shifting passageways, memorizing the untold amounts of patterns and navigating them for generations, feeding off of adventurers coming in. Yeah, they'll eat your body if they can get it, and turn the bones into tools, so resurrection would be pretty hard, as you'd have to find the bones with the mother's crest on them... don't worry though, if your arm has a crest but it gets chopped off, your body still retains everything. It's just that you're missing an arm then. I feel like I've rambled enough, feel free to do what you please now, go to the tavern or bumble around in the dungeon. I really couldn't care." He ends on that unpleasant note, and begins to lean against the side of your gateway. Slowly beginning to doze off.

(you may begin to Roleplay now, feel free to explore the town a bit before you enter, But you'll need all three of you online to enter the dungeon.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:26 pm »

((Skyru! We need you! D: [Just to note, Skyrunner is experiencing RL business]))

Lia looked around after enduring the demon's long preamble. There was a (cute) kobold armed with a pike and a human, seemingly her age still with her.

Well, this proved that there were no teleportation traps nearby.

"Does anyone have a plan or do we just barge in?"

She was glad introductions were given on the trek before.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 10:10:46 pm »

"There's nothing to plan. Get in, loot the place, fight our way back out. Easy."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:12 pm »

"I say we barge in. I don't think there is any planning to do since we don't even have much idea of the conditions inside."

He took a moment to stare at the elf.

"Since you seem to be a healer, I think you should try to remain safe, and that is the most strategizing we can do for the moment."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »

"I'll stay behind you then, if you will it."

Proceed...inside.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 12:12:24 am »

"I have no objections whatsoever."

Onwards and into the dungeon.
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 06:06:22 am »

Forward.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 01:45:13 pm »

(Sorry for just disappearing, some rain took out my internet and I wasn't able to do anything about that. I'll just continue then...)

You three proceed into the depths of the dungeon, torches burning for longer than you have lived are bolted to the stone walls with rusty nails. Sharp turns and staircases make you lose sight of the outside world, entrenching you in the cold stone of the dungeon. The temperature lowers, but none of you suffer the ill effects of the cold and damp hole you have entered.
Finally, a larger light source is coming from around the corner, those of you that peek around the edge see a large room, with more torches lining the walls, making the room seem brighter, but not allowing any light through the one door you see on the wall of this new room. Lichenous fungi grows in corners and patches on the floor, but don't seem to cover a pile of small boulders. A rusted sword lies propped against the wall near the boulders. The door in the room is made of old moldy wood, even if it was locked anyone could break it down with ease.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

"Well, against better judgement, I'll try to retrieve the rusty sword. If there is a trap on the way, at least you can discover it the easier way." Rodri said, already starting to walk towards the wall.

Take the rusty sword.

>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

"I'll guard the mender. Anything that charges, dies."

Stand back. Watch the boulders and prepare to zap anything that moves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 03:10:11 am »

"We have spears, longer reach than anything in melee. Now all we need to keep watch for are traps."

Scan the room for any trapholes, like arrow slits or pressure plates.

Be ready to heal Rodri!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:42 pm »

Once the sword is lifted, the stones begin to shake forming two humanoid figures. One made out of crumbling stone is roughly the size of a human, and quickly lashes and grabs at the rusted sword with it's right hand, it grabs onto the blade. Both Rodri and the construct have a grasp on the sword. The other construct is made of much smoother, complete stones, and instead of its left hand it has a much larger boulder.

Initiative goes to Player team. (please state which one you attack, construct 1 is the crumbling one, and construct 2 is the larger one. Also please state the limb which you aim for, if not it will be randomly selected. (If attack goes through HP))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54