Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92883 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.4 Download (Bank Heists, Jan 2013)
« Reply #390 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:24 am »

What the hell? Whenever I get raided a new person or whatever gets in my base and asks people questions. Is that new or something?

No, that's been there since long before I worked on the game. It's pretty rare though, only relatively recently have you had any real incentive to wait out sieges.
Did you bump up the chances? Its been happening every time Ive been seiged and one time it even happened twice in one seige.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2013, 12:07:13 pm »

You're getting good numbers, at least--but given that every time you've been sieged you can wait it out, I'd guess you need them more than I do.  IIRC the only sieges that actually last for multiple days are Government (SWAT/Nat'l Guard/SEALs) ones, and you get charged for repelling invaders.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:48 am »

What the hell? Whenever I get raided a new person or whatever gets in my base and asks people questions. Is that new or something?

No, that's been there since long before I worked on the game. It's pretty rare though, only relatively recently have you had any real incentive to wait out sieges.
What feature is this? I have never seen this. What, exactly, happens?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2013, 02:02:40 pm »

During a raid there a chance a screen will pop up saying "Famous something or other Dean Shitsomething somehow got into the base and asks Green Warrior a few questions."
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »

Sieges mostly bring about a bunch of negative events. Snipers, assaults, other trouble. One rare event is positive: A reporter can get into your safehouse during a siege and interview somebody. If you perform well, it can have a big impact on the issues.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:49 am »

Ah, free publicity stunts.

Coumarouna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2013, 03:02:30 pm »

Hi, I've run into a bug of some description. I disbanded the LCS, then tried to regroup, and the game has crashed.
Now when I open it, Windows just pops up saying "crimesquad.exe has stopped working" and then it closes.
It's the latest version (LCS 4.06.4).

It's annoying, as this time I was doing well enough to get an Elite Liberal president, and I thought I might actually beat the game this time.  :P

Oh, and I've finally registered an account on these forums, despite reading them for the last fortnight or so. Hello Liberals!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »

Hi, I've run into a bug of some description. I disbanded the LCS, then tried to regroup, and the game has crashed.
Now when I open it, Windows just pops up saying "crimesquad.exe has stopped working" and then it closes.
It's the latest version (LCS 4.06.4).

It's annoying, as this time I was doing well enough to get an Elite Liberal president, and I thought I might actually beat the game this time.  :P

Oh, and I've finally registered an account on these forums, despite reading them for the last fortnight or so. Hello Liberals!

Try renaming save.dat to save_backup.dat and see if the game starts up. If it still fails, redownload the program and transfer your backup save over, renaming it to save.dat.

If it succeeds in starting when you rename save.dat, that means the crash is coming from a corrupted save file, so your game is lost. I don't think I can help there, sorry. :(

Coumarouna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2013, 05:27:17 am »

Try renaming save.dat to save_backup.dat and see if the game starts up. If it still fails, redownload the program and transfer your backup save over, renaming it to save.dat.

If it succeeds in starting when you rename save.dat, that means the crash is coming from a corrupted save file, so your game is lost. I don't think I can help there, sorry. :(

It seems my save is corrupted then.
*Sigh*
Is there anything I can try to prevent this from happening again?

EDIT: Just realised this is a rather open-ended question with no real answers. I guess I was expecting a reply like "Don't start a character with all the Charisma", because you all work by mind reading. Obviously.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:20:12 pm by Coumarouna »

henry700

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »

Oh my god.

I downloaded LCS and can't stop playing it for the half past month or so. I would like to say thank you to both the original developers and the community who helped this game stay alive for so long. I can't believe an ASCII game released in 2004 is still talked about AND relatively regularly updated! Thank you for making and improving this game.

I was looking for that slick new interrogation interface in the wiki recently and stumbled upon a post of one of the community's developers who said he accidentally deleted it. If you didn't format since then(probably yes but who knows) there are file recovery tools for recovering even files that are already deleted from the trash bin and it works great with text files, although full or any recovery at all is not guaranteed.

If there are suggestions i can make those are:

1-Negotiating during a siege for instance: I will release the kidnapped individual if you give us 5 kevlar vests, or 20 daily rations... maybe make it choose number and success/failure of negotiation based on Persuasion, Heart and Psychology skills.

2-Making it so the SWAT can only raid the vault during a bank heist ONCE or TWICE. It's annoying to negotiate hostages or blow them all apart with casualties just to see another huge group of them storming the vault...

3-Make it so sometimes a news chopper is filming the siege and if you give up and the siegers execute your squad(Specially if they're CCS) they lose a HUGE amount of public support, and you lose a lot of juice for letting your squaddies die so easily.

4-I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but i once escaped a CCS raid and there were Police Officers waiting outside. They could be disguised CCS, conspiring with the CCS to take down the LCS or they just bugged and appeared there because the game code thought it was a police siege.
Either way i like this feature :)

Again, a huge thank you and i love how the game is so hard to complete in my way that the journey and what i learn during it is more important than the outcome of the game.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

Hey everybody. I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I love hearing about people playing and enjoying the game, and while I've mostly been absent for a bit, even neglecting the zombie thread, I'm still kicking around.

I want to give a special thanks to everyone who shows ongoing enthusiasm and support for development of these games, and another thanks to everyone who contributes code as well. Carlos Gustavos has a fix up on SVN now for the hardware/sporting goods bug in the last release -- not by changing the XML to add manual keys, but by fixing the underlying bug in the code that is supposed to auto-assign keys to shop options if you don't manually assign them, thereby preventing the issue from happening again in any future store expansions.

I'm aiming to get a new update in the next few days that addresses some of the bugs in the most recent release and maybe gets some new features.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2013, 11:50:43 am »

Woot Woot! Thanks for all the hard work, I really love this game and can't wait for the next update!

>Make it so sometimes a news chopper is filming the siege
We already have something similar, wherein sometimes a reporter can sneak into the compound and interview a squad member.

EDIT: Fox, are you responsible for this?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:53:12 am by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »

EDIT: Fox, are you responsible for this?

I think I did. It sounds like something I'd do, but it was a long time ago.

Edit: Nope, I must have been mistaken. Dreadmullet has since posted in that thread saying he did it. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:44:08 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2013, 08:04:24 pm »

A Liberal Update

Mostly bug fixes and small changes. You can probably just replace crimesquad.exe and continue playing an existing save, but back up your save file first by making an extra copy of it, just in case.

Special thanks to the game's code contributors as always!

Windows Download
LCS 4.06.5 for Windows

Source code is available on SVN, instructions in first post.

Changelog
- Added a warning before opening an alarmed door
- Added a limit to how many times SWAT teams can raid the bank vault on one mission
- Added a restriction on ammo sales based on gun laws
- Most messages should now be logged in an external log file
- Rebalanced body disposal so that it doesn't always result in police showing up
- Fixed a bug where you can't buy stuff in the hardware section of the department store
- Fixed a bug where your first name was sometimes using the wrong gender on character creation
- Fixed a bug where quirrelous parents always insisted otherwise when the doctors reported your sex at birth
- Fixed a bug where it could sometimes take extra time for the command hierarchy to fall apart after key people are killed
- Fixed a bug where the metal detector (not used in the game, but available to map modders) always went off
- Fixed a bug where weapons were never suspicious unless your clothes were, to the point that you could carry an AK-47 through a metal detector without being confronted
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:06:48 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #404 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:25 am »

- Fixed a bug where quirrelous parents always insisted otherwise when the doctors reported your sex at birth
- Fixed a bug where it could sometimes take extra time for the command hierarchy to fall apart after key people are killed

I always thought these things were weird, good that they were fixed.
Also.. WHOOOO, new LCS update!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36