Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92948 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »

*Codedives*

*Sees heat is now 10 times what it used to be*

*Eyepop*

Whaaaaat?!?

Fox, my man, are you serious?

Individual Liberals now have ten times the heat value, but transfer heat to safehouses at one tenth the rate. The change was made to support gradual heat decay on Liberals, which otherwise would have been striking off huge chunks of heat every day due to the lack of granularity.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2012, 01:46:02 pm »

Do saves get deleted after you lose? Or move to the next save?

LCS deletes your save when you lose, yeah. And it overwrites the old save whenever it saves again.

It's very permadeathy.
Yeah, but Id like a way for you to manual save in game, and choose where you want to load the game when opening, I think being able to save and load just for learning purposes would be amazing (I haven't played in forever so I need to relearn a little), and while its unrelated, I think something else that would be cool is adding an in game cheat mode, where you can just do whatever ever you want, like spawn items, spawn creatures, revive liberals, insta-kill conservatives, both of these would be GREAT for learning the game.

Defeat is a better instructor than victory, provided you live long enough to learn from your mistakes. That being said, if you want to circumvent the system, just create backup copies of the LCS save file. For my two recorded playthroughs of the game, I made backups on the off-chance I hit a fatal error and the game crashed. You'll certainly forfeit all bragging rights by doing so, but... hey, it's your time, and if that's what makes your playing experience more fun, then do it.
Appropriately enough, creating backup saves actually causes one of LCS's fatal errors.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »

Individual Liberals now have ten times the heat value, but transfer heat to safehouses at one tenth the rate. The change was made to support gradual heat decay on Liberals, which otherwise would have been striking off huge chunks of heat every day due to the lack of granularity.

Was it intentional that it now takes about 10 times the amount of Community Service to shed the heat?

Or that "scary" crimes are now 10 times as scary as before when it comes to trial?

I did some calculations on that last part...
Quiz for everyone:
If you get the most liberal jury imaginable, sleeper judge, no testimonies, the ace liberal lawyer on his best day and the worst prosecution ever; is it possible to get a "Not Guilty" on 5 counts of Treason?
As of 4.06.2, no.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:14 pm »

You can, however, probably do it yourself, but it requires lots of Law and Persuasion to do so.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »

*More calculations*

OK, fine. Let's make it 5 counts of Treason and one count of unlawful access of an information system so you can't save yourself.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:48 pm »

I had wondered about that--the same general stats that got a Not Guilty from 4-5 counts of Treason last version could only get 3-4 counts (plus Flag Murders & Harmful Speech) down to 26 years in this one.  Enough confounding variables to bar scientific comparison, but it seemed off.

Thanks for posting, Pesi.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2012, 10:02:25 pm »

Was it intentional that it now takes about 10 times the amount of Community Service to shed the heat?

Or that "scary" crimes are now 10 times as scary as before when it comes to trial?

Nope. Good catch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2012, 06:04:41 am »

"Scary" Crimes?

Dang it Jonathan S. Fox you didn't tell me you added a Haunted House!

I So want to recruit the Costumed Zombies and Witches!

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 11, 2012, 01:23:07 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but here goes.

I've been playing through a 'don't get noticed by anyone' run, and decided to be like a small, but highly talented and organized crime mob. No one on my squad has any crimes whatsoever on their rap sheet.

So the day comes when we decide to hit the Vault. There's a sleeper bank manager at the ready, and the Master Thief opens the vault with no trouble. However, even when no one saw us, 'collecting' the bricks of cash causes 'Bank Robbery' to be added to the crimes list and automatically makes your alert level go up.

Is this a bug, or intentional? I wanted to make a completely silent run of it.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »

I'm fairly sure it's intentional.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 11, 2012, 05:14:00 pm »

I just realized that this game is not truly in step with the Liberal Agenda. We do have issues for such Conservative things like alcohol and tobacco. Please Liberally rectify this immediately. For maximum Liberal effect, it should be placed under marijuana like so:

All recreational drugs are regulated and taxed.
Alcohol is illegal and possession carries prison sentences.
Tobacco is illegal and possession carries prison sentences.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:14 pm »

Isn't prohibition a conservative notion?

Also I'm certain that booze and tobacco count as recreational drugs.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 11, 2012, 06:14:18 pm »

Most of today's Liberals don't think so.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:47 pm »

That's a pretty big generalization, besides there's a big difference between an LCS Liberal and a Modern Liberal.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

That's a pretty big generalization, besides there's a big difference between an LCS Liberal and a Modern Liberal.
That's a Conservative opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36