Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92950 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:01 am »

Its possible with 1 Stealth and any clothes, the problem isn't getting in, the problem is getting out alive.

Not the point. There are these guys, and they're guarding a door, and your liberal walks up to that door and KICKS IT SO HARD IT BREAKS. And the guys do nothing. They'll eventually notice the building "door has been kicked down" suspicion, but they don't give a shit about seeing the door kicked down before their very eyes. And if they really are there just to observe any would-be burglars, why can't I pick the lock? :P
Oh right, I forgot there was new gaurds added.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:16 pm »

This was in another thread but I don't want to derail it too much so I'll just post my suggestions here.
The way I see it, [love slaves] have adopted Liberalism as their philosophy, but it's through the hazy lens of I'll-do-anything-for-Juanita. Take Juanita away and they'll remember that they don't actually believe in what the LCS does, deep down. This is true of even Liberal love slaves, actually.

Since it came up, I think it should be possible (in some conditions) for love slaves and brainwashed automatons to become REAL liberals and join the LCS proper. In-game, liberalism is the correct political alignment, and it's possible to convince most people of this by just arguing with them and maybe rocking out a bit. Surely someone who's been hanging around the LCS for months should at least consider joining. I'm thinking something like a straightforward random chance based on Heart, Wisdom and probably Juice, whenever the not-really-Liberal would normally abandon the LCS, to instead become a normal member. The reasoning is that after being forced to think for themselves and taking a look at what the LCS stands for and what it actually does, they approve of it and want to keep going. :)

Seduced LCS members can't be flipped by wisdom-based attacks, regardless of their stats. They can still be hit, stat shifted, and juice drained by them, however, which makes this immunity a lot less useful than the total immunity that your enlightened ex-Conservatives have toward persuasion.

And speaking of this, enlightened ex-Conservatives still have a gap in their immunity. People they're interrogating can successfully turn the tables on them, increasing wisdom.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2012, 12:51:52 pm »

Surely someone who's been hanging around the LCS for months should at least consider joining.
I'd think at least a year or two would need to go by.  I'd prefer much longer, like 5.  Every election cycle or special publications could subtract an extra amount of time from the total required.

I think it would be better if the Love-Slave became less conservative, and more liberal over the years; first from really conservative, to less conservate, and then to neutral and then to Liberal.

When their liberalism is maxed out, THE CAUSE becomes bigger than the love they share with their liberal lover, and they become actual members of the LCS (as long as the potential higher-up has enough juice).  And it would be nice if this was shown on its own event screen at the beginning/end of a turn, so that you don't miss it.  You could even show it as a conversation between the two, mirroring the first conversations you have with people when you GO FORTH.

@Jonathan: If a liberal love-slave loses their love-master, I would think there would at least be a dice roll to see if they would stay in the LCS as full members, until their liberalism is at its highest when the chance is always 100%.  They would become more liberal as they would stay with their love-master over the years.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:54:58 pm by Greendogo »
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »

Loveslaves do become normal members of the LCS when their lover dies if they have enough juice.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2012, 01:49:07 pm »

This was in another thread but I don't want to derail it too much so I'll just post my suggestions here.
The way I see it, [love slaves] have adopted Liberalism as their philosophy, but it's through the hazy lens of I'll-do-anything-for-Juanita. Take Juanita away and they'll remember that they don't actually believe in what the LCS does, deep down. This is true of even Liberal love slaves, actually.

Since it came up, I think it should be possible (in some conditions) for love slaves and brainwashed automatons to become REAL liberals and join the LCS proper. In-game, liberalism is the correct political alignment, and it's possible to convince most people of this by just arguing with them and maybe rocking out a bit. Surely someone who's been hanging around the LCS for months should at least consider joining. I'm thinking something like a straightforward random chance based on Heart, Wisdom and probably Juice, whenever the not-really-Liberal would normally abandon the LCS, to instead become a normal member. The reasoning is that after being forced to think for themselves and taking a look at what the LCS stands for and what it actually does, they approve of it and want to keep going. :)

Huh, this reminds me of a recurring suggestion of mine that keeps getting shot down by everyone else: That brainwashed teenagers should become 'regular' LCS members if they reach adulthood while in the service of the group. Maybe in the meantime, attitudes towards this idea have changed? :3

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »

Huh, this reminds me of a recurring suggestion of mine that keeps getting shot down by everyone else: That brainwashed teenagers should become 'regular' LCS members if they reach adulthood while in the service of the group. Maybe in the meantime, attitudes towards this idea have changed? :3
Would their profession be that of a professional "love-slave" or perhaps there could be several possible (random) outcomes, such as "Tantric Master", "Abuse Victim" - if they turn out conservative, "Furry", "Latex Enthusiast", "Fetishist", "Liberal Zombie", "Born Again".

So many possibilities...
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

suitableusername

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Think before you wink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

Hey can I throw in some of my suggestions?

How about places to build safehouses? Like 5-6 in the industrial district, 3-4 in the university district, maybe 1 for a business in the commercial district, and 1 or 2 downtown. I'd say you would have to hire building crews for maybe $50,000 unless you had your own or a ton of sleeper construction workers. And I guess it would take anywhere from 2-3 months to a year depending where you build, how many people are hired, the present laws.

Oh and how about the option to go to the police station and destroy liberal's criminal records? Or I suppose you could have a sleeper do it, but He'd probably have a high chance of getting caught or ratting you out.

Hopefully some of these ideas are doable and I'm not just talking like an idiot.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »

It would be cool if the technology level gradually increased. Like you would start seeing computers in buildings more and more as the years past.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2012, 06:26:47 pm »

Would their profession be that of a professional "love-slave" or perhaps there could be several possible (random) outcomes, such as "Tantric Master", "Abuse Victim" - if they turn out conservative, "Furry", "Latex Enthusiast", "Fetishist", "Liberal Zombie", "Born Again".

So many possibilities...

Uh, okay.

Right now, they already become 'Political Activists' when growing up, but their 'brainwashed' status doesn't change.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »

It would be cool if the technology level gradually increased. Like you would start seeing computers in buildings more and more as the years past.

The game starts in 2009. I would assume American computer proliferation is pretty much total by then.

I do like the idea though. Maybe replace "computers" with "robot vacuums" or something.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Oh, I forgot I'm playing the old version on my Desktop.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

The game starts in 2009. I would assume American computer proliferation is pretty much total by then.

I do like the idea though. Maybe replace "computers" with "robot vacuums" or something.
Maybe that, and then further into the future they evolve into "Cleaning Robots" then further on they evolve "Maid Robots" and then finally into "Sentiant Robot."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:22 am »

Maybe that, and then further into the future they evolve into "Cleaning Robots" then further on they evolve "Maid Robots" and then finally into "Sentiant Robot."

Wouldn't a "Sentient Robot" be a character, and not a stealable object?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2012, 12:32:47 am »

Wouldn't a "Sentient Robot" be a character, and not a stealable object?
That would make sense... And it would be pretty cool to have a Terminator Squad.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2012, 02:46:07 am »

What's up with sleepers doing nothing except for giving maps? (Judges and lawyers still work as usual)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36