Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92807 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »

Daaamn, Grimith. I didn't know that was possible.

You actually did, JSF, and merely forgot. If you check the forum topic from which I quoted that...

There is conservative art buried in the walls!  :o

Oh, somehow I just knew that I'd already seen it and just forgot. Probably because I... knew that. Which would make sense. Given that apparently I did.

Ahem. This also explains how I missed it despite being pretty sure I'd seen at least a large portion of your public playthroughs of the game. Which is to say, I didn't.

Jonathan, having thought about it, I think it might be a good idea to return Business and Religion to being capped by Wisdom. See, Business and Religion being a kind of "forbidden skill" to Liberals improves the game because it acts as a stopgap against enlightening very powerful conservatives. You have to go through the effort to find someone wised enough but whom you can enlighten before being able to get the CEO and other Important Conservatives, since Religion and Business defenses are perfect otherwise.

Hm, I'll consider that. On a related thought, I was just wondering yesterday why "Business" isn't called "Economics".

Edit:

for some reason the game no longer saves. when i exit its gone

Make sure that:

1. The game isn't being run from inside the zip file. This is kinda obvious, but I always mention it, because sometimes it happens.
2. The game has permission to save files to the directory it's in. In Windows, this means running the game from Program Files will prevent it from saving, because Program Files is a protected directory.

If you still can't get it to work, what OS are you using, and where did you put the game? Is it the same place the previous version was?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:13:07 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2013, 02:59:31 am »

Holy shit, um I found a glitch. I was being raided by the SEALs, the tank traps were removed, and my Generator was destroyed, and when I got up to the tank there were several squares with "ARMOR" units, and the one in the door way had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR tanks on it.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Kentucky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 04, 2013, 07:36:28 am »

it's unziped and on my desktop, running windows 7 64bit.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »

Holy shit, um I found a glitch. I was being raided by the SEALs, the tank traps were removed, and my Generator was destroyed, and when I got up to the tank there were several squares with "ARMOR" units, and the one in the door way had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR tanks on it.

Looks like you fell into a tank trap of your own!  :o In a manner of speaking.

it's unziped and on my desktop, running windows 7 64bit.

Hm, I have the same setup, and I'm not running into the same issue.

If you didn't have a save file after your squad was wiped out or otherwise defeated, that's because the game ruthlessly deletes your save when you lose. Otherwise, I'm not sure what happened.

You might try downloading again; while I wouldn't expect a corrupted file to prevent the game from saving and that's all, I suppose it isn't impossible.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2013, 03:25:07 am »

A few observations while I've been reacquainting myself with the game:
  • When were guard dogs added to the high-rise apartments during High Security?
I haven't put much time into playing LCS since 4.04.0, so I assume some time between then and now. However, I like the alteration. Someone with high Heart will be able to neutralize the dogs, but I think the presence of the canines adds a greater challenge to the area.
  • Anti-Aircraft gun!?
I haven't been sieged yet during my playthrough, but I am looking forward to building this new toy and seeing it in action.
  • How much has combat changed?
Perhaps my memory's faulty, but I don't recall encountering combat situations where someone would do the Matrix-Dodge or leap for cover. Is this a blatant declaration of what Dodge has been doing the entire time, or is it indicative of combat becoming harder as characters who have the Dodge skill become harder to hit?

Also, I heard the Nuclear Power Plant has gotten a significant facelift, and I'm curious to see what's different there. There's the bank too, of course. I haven't even seen the inside of it. I'm tempted to try some actions perhaps before I should out of curiosity, which might end up getting me killed.

Finally, heartfelt gratitude for the coders who are continuing to work on this cherished game. Thank you.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2013, 03:33:06 am »

I haven't put much time into playing LCS since 4.04.0, so I assume some time between then and now. However, I like the alteration. Someone with high Heart will be able to neutralize the dogs, but I think the presence of the canines adds a greater challenge to the area.
  • Anti-Aircraft gun!?
I haven't been sieged yet during my playthrough, but I am looking forward to building this new toy and seeing it in action.
Perhaps my memory's faulty, but I don't recall encountering combat situations where someone would do the Matrix-Dodge or leap for cover. Is this a blatant declaration of what Dodge has been doing the entire time, or is it indicative of combat becoming harder as characters who have the Dodge skill become harder to hit?

Also, I heard the Nuclear Power Plant has gotten a significant facelift, and I'm curious to see what's different there. There's the bank too, of course. I haven't even seen the inside of it. I'm tempted to try some actions perhaps before I should out of curiosity, which might end up getting me killed.

Finally, heartfelt gratitude for the coders who are continuing to work on this cherished game. Thank you.
I think I can help you out here Grim.

Ive been collecting Dogs from the apartments since before 4.04, so it was added even before that.

The AA Gun just stops planes from killing someone/blowing up the generator, however it can be blown up by place extremely easy, making it pretty much pointless to rebuy it several times over.

Combat hasn't really changed at all, so noting to add here.

Finally, the nuke plant is the same, just go in and hit the Big Red button, and there is also an armory in the side building, that is used for rifles and armour, but you can't get the M249 for there. As for the bank, you can either run up to the Teller and silently pass a note, or kidnap a manager, go in the back and get half a million dollars from the vault.

Another change is that the Dessert Eagle and M249 machine gun can now be bought from the department store at C+ gun laws, there are also several new things you can buy from the department store.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:19 am »

• Anti-Aircraft gun!?

I think I can help you out here Grim.

Ive been collecting Dogs from the apartments since before 4.04, so it was added even before that.

The AA Gun just stops planes from killing someone/blowing up the generator, however it can be blown up by place extremely easy, making it pretty much pointless to rebuy it several times over.

Combat hasn't really changed at all, so noting to add here.

Finally, the nuke plant is the same, just go in and hit the Big Red button, and there is also an armory in the side building, that is used for rifles and armour, but you can't get the M249 for there. As for the bank, you can either run up to the Teller and silently pass a note, or kidnap a manager, go in the back and get half a million dollars from the vault.

Another change is that the Dessert Eagle and M249 machine gun can now be bought from the department store at C+ gun laws, there are also several new things you can buy from the department store.
It’s $240,000, not $500,000. Also, you need to succeed on both a high lockpicking and computers skill check. Also, it is extremely likely that a SWAT team (or two) will storm the vault.

On that note: Fox, how do conservatives know that you're in the vault? Security cameras? In that case, it might be a good idea to have a security office where they watch the cameras. What about ATMs? They are easy targets for robbery.

Secondly, there should be a way to negotiate with gangs. Either, "Give us some goons to help us on our next raid and we'll break your leader out of jail", or "give us the name of your contact withthe CCS and we won't bring the police down on your crackhouse".
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:33 am »

Secondly, there should be a way to negotiate with gangs. Either, "Give us some goons to help us on our next raid and we'll break your leader out of jail", or "give us the name of your contact withthe CCS and we won't bring the police down on your crackhouse".

Not much to add, apart from the fact that I'd also like to see more interaction with the gangs.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

On gangs, I continue to support the ideas posed in this thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2013, 01:07:30 pm »

LCS safehouses can have cameras too, and you don't have anyone watching them (they're all following the active squad and providing cover fire, remember).  As for non-camera ways of knowing the LCS is after the vault, I imagine whoever talks to 911/SWAT once they respond to the bank alarm (better believe someone hits the alarm, especially if you get the teller to open the vault) tells them that the LCS was after the bank vault.

As for gangs, I'd be quite pleased to see those ideas implemented as well, MetalSlimeHunt.  (It'd be nice if the LCS could send a squad to a gang's safehouse, whether for attack or defense, too.)

Finally, in case you missed it over in the Map Modding Guide thread, have some modded maps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o56kknmoxdqcea/04062013LCSMaps.zip

[Edited to avoid doubleposting yet again-KA101]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:42:44 pm by KA101 »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:55 pm »

If you sneak in, especially if you have a Bank Manager sleeper, there's no reason that the Conservatives could even know you were there. Ultimately, that would probably tie into the development of more realistic crime.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:08 pm »

There are two bugs:

Sent squad from safe house A to safe house B.
Choosed to both cause trouble and use it as a safe house.
Kidnapped someone while causing trouble.
The guy was placed in safe house A while the squad was in safe house B.

Another one:
Had a guy in the bank as a sleeper agent.
Went there and opened the vault.
He had to become an active member to avoid police.
Under the activity menu he appeared as snooping around instead of laying low.

Edit:
Code: [Select]
--- src/sitemode/mapspecials.cpp (revision 635)
+++ src/sitemode/mapspecials.cpp (working copy)
@@ -2333,6 +2333,7 @@

pool[p]->location = pool[p]->base = activesquad->squad[0]->base;
                         pool[p]->flag &= ~CREATUREFLAG_SLEEPER;
+                        pool[p]->activity.type = ACTIVITY_NONE;
                         pool[p]->crimes_suspected[LAWFLAG_BANKROBBERY]++;

break;

edit2:
Now I'm trying to fix the hostages bug.
To reproduce get save.dat from here, open the game, press w, press b, kidnap somebody, exit the apts, press r and press 2

From daily.c:
               if(c=='s'||c=='b')basesquad(squad[sq],squad[sq]->activity.arg);
               if(c=='t'||c=='b')
               {
                  activesquad=squad[sq];
                  newsstoryst *ns=new newsstoryst;
                     ns->type=NEWSSTORY_SQUAD_SITE;
                     ns->positive=1;
                     ns->loc=squad[sq]->activity.arg;
                  newsstory.push_back(ns);
                  mode_site(squad[sq]->activity.arg);
               }
               if(squad[sq]->squad[0]!=NULL)
               {
                  locatesquad(squad[sq],squad[sq]->squad[0]->base);
               }
First the squad base is changed; then you move around the site where you can kidnap the conservative; when exiting, the conservative location is changed to match the squad location (sitemode.cpp); and, finally, the squad location is changed to match the squad base.
I'm not sure why locatesquad() isn't called before the ifs, and i'm not changing it to avoid creating new bugs. Maybe someone who knows the code better can help here.

So, I did it the same way it's done in other parts of the game:
      // Out sleepers
      if(location[cursite]->renting==RENTING_CCS)
      {
         for(int p=0;p<pool.size();p++)
         {
            if(pool[p]->flag & CREATUREFLAG_SLEEPER &&
               pool[p]->location == cursite)
            {
               pool[p]->flag &= ~CREATUREFLAG_SLEEPER;
               erase();
               move(8,1);
               addstr("Sleeper ", gamelog);
               addstr(pool[p]->name, gamelog);
               addstr(" has been outed by your bold attack!", gamelog);
               gamelog.newline();

move(10,1);
               addstr("The Liberal is now at your command as a normal squad member.", gamelog);
               gamelog.newline();

pool[p]->base=activesquad->squad[0]->base;
               pool[p]->location=pool[p]->base;
               refresh();
               getch();
            }
         }
      }

Here is the patch, it doesn't seem to break anything.
--- src/combat/haulkidnap.cpp (revision 635)
+++ src/combat/haulkidnap.cpp (working copy)
@@ -658,7 +658,7 @@
       *newcr=cr;
    newcr->namecreature();

-   newcr->location=activesquad->squad[0]->location;
+   newcr->location=activesquad->squad[0]->base;
    newcr->base=activesquad->squad[0]->base;
    newcr->flag|=CREATUREFLAG_MISSING;

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:14:48 pm by seth-- »
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 08, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »

Pretty sure this is a bug.. But when you convert a conservative with the guitar, and talk to them and FAIL.. They don't ever leave, you can keep on failing over and over and over and over again, effectively training seduction.. Though persuasion didn't seem to train when I debated the issues and failed.

Also, you can't wait while someone is on the same tile as you, you also have to sneak by people who are suspicious of you, you can't run until they actually attack you which I consider to be a flaw.. You should always have the option to run, if you suck at talking your way out of stuff, but also don't want to get into a fight which you KNOW is going to happen, you should be able to run right past whoever it is, or at the very least run in the direction you came from. (Assuming they are blocking you)

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 09, 2013, 08:39:08 am »

The following bug report contains incontrovertible video evidence as well as a save file.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8m_QCJG_E

The problem begins at 8:32, when I am informed of an imminent Fireman raid. This is immediately followed by "Important Propositions 2009," which (among other things) adjusted the Free Speech issue from C+ to C.

But that didn't stop the Firemen from one last hurrah.

At 13:50, the Firemen execute their raid on the Liberal Crime Squad, intending on bringing an end to Harmful Speech even though public opinion has adjusted the relevant issue. Needless to say, I planned on showing them the error of their ways.

However, at 14:42, I discover that these Conservative Firemen are mostly Moderate and Liberal Firefighters. I managed to bring an end to the siege by sifting through enough enemy squads to pluck out the few Conservatives among them, but I began to grow concerned over what ramifications this would have on my game.

And then 20:34 happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are ENEMY and TRAP! artifacts scattered across the map.

After recording, I tested the save file at the end of my last video, and the Nuclear Power Plant displayed fine. Therefore, I deduce the problem has something to do with what happened involving the Fireman raid.

I don't know what long-term effects this would have on my game, or whether the problem would appear on other maps, or whether glitches would occur elsewhere. What I do know, though, is that I didn't want to risk my series derailing because of this, so I've decided to rollback to my post-014 save. However, I've provided the post-015 save (after I left the NPP) for scrutiny.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2pe95osdjrdhmd

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 09, 2013, 02:56:51 pm »

Those poor, confused Firefighters.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36